5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Fedora 17
Published on June 5, 2012 by Jon Larsen

2.0 out of 5 stars Multiple issues
1 it is not plug and play with Windows MP server, XP, Windows 7 MAC LINUX, and USERFUL as it says on the Label
2. It does not work unless you pluged is to the power source
3. You are required to down load the software for any computer Platform or install from the CD

Published 9 months ago by Wube Kumsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Fedora 17, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Plugable USB 2.0 Multiseat Zero Client for Windows Multipoint Server and Fedora Linux (DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this item to use the new multi-seat option in Fedora 17. To my delight, it worked great the first time. I plugged in a keyboard, mouse and display to the docking station, powered it on and then plugged it into my newly installed Fedora 17 Toshiba Tecra and it worked great. No need to configure anything in X, Gnome or any command line options. The best test I could think of was to stream audio in each login (Plugable and Laptop). It too, worked great. If want to do multi-seat training or just need another login for your kids or spouse, look no further.

Edit - 01-Jan-2013
I orignaly purchased the "Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports" - it is the same device per Plugable. They function exactly the same.

Here is a video demo of the product I made.[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-user at single user prices., January 27, 2013
This thing is cool. Works great as an additional head for my i5 quad core machine. Of course, I'm running Fedora 18, not Windows. I get two seats of quad core power for the price of one.

Gives me fond memories of the days of VT-420 computing! Timesharing forever! ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Could use more USB ports., April 1, 2013
Would have liked more USB ports, but otherwise does the job just fine. Footprint is better than my previous docking station and the HDMI port is exactly what I needed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Multiple issues, March 3, 2014
2. It does not work unless you pluged is to the power source

I thought it is going to work like the following which is great. It is plug and play no power cable, no CD. It just work.
Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Multiseat Zero Client for Windows Multipoint Server and Fedora Linux (VGA up to 1440x900 / 1280x1024, Audio, 2 USB ports)