5.0 out of 5 stars Veterinary Technicians..useful resource
This edition is not only easy to read and access, but is also updated with the latest information. I have found recent drugs easily and have added this book to my reference collection. The drug listings are easy to use with both chemical and common names in the indexes. A great Book and a wonderful edition.
Published on December 31, 2005 by Anastasia L. Baima

3.0 out of 5 stars very clear, and concise, but...
This book does not appear to contain any PHOTOS of medications, the same way human meds books will do... I won't likely need it until 3 months from now, so I will hold onto it for now, but don't be surprised if you see it up for sale again on my inventory list...
Published on May 21, 2012 by Megan Rosenberger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Veterinary Technicians..useful resource, December 31, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource!, February 21, 2006
Susan J. Hamilton (Gilbert, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
This is a great resource for those of us who own pets with a number of medical conditions/number of medications prescribed. It makes it much easier to understand the medications, potential side effects and drug interactions. I feel like I can have a more educated conversation with my Veterinarian about medications and supplements now that I have this resource. I really like that fact that this book contains information about supplements along with prescription medications! Very useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger is better!, February 16, 2006
K. S. Roberts (Berryville, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
When the box arrived I initially thought there must have been a mistake. I ordered 2 copies for my animal hospital and the box was big enough to hold two large city-sized phone books. Upon opening I realized the reason for the oversize box and suspect weight was that the books are considerably larger and thicker, and for good reason. More information (all the latest, of course), and larger typeset (which is helpful for all of us except maybe the newest of grads). Everything else is the same reliable Plumb we have become accustomed to going to for information throughout the day. If there is any problem at all its in that this volume is just a little too big to fit in the same spot in the "reference book drawer" in our pharmacy where the smaller version was kept. Come to think of it, the old Plumb spent most of its time on the countertop anyway!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, February 18, 2007
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
This book breaks down hundreds of drugs so that you understand what they are, how they are used, what dosages, etc. Most every drug you can think of is in here. Each medication has at least one full page dedicated to it. The only drawback I have seen is that some of the drugs have secondary effects, and have been used specifically for those effects, but that is completely overlooked. All in all, if you want to delve deeper into what you are giving your animals, or want to know more about what you should be giving your animals, this is the book for you. I also highly reccomend the Merck Veterinary handbook as these two work very well together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource!, March 21, 2007
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
This book gives all the information you will need about each drug, it's approved use, approved dosages, and different forms for each species.

A "must have" resource for any serious breeder!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Plumb's Veterinary Handbook, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
This is a very detailed text on medicines used in many different animal species, and so is a very useful reference when working with unfamiliar medicines or unfamiliar species.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Plumbs Vet. Drug Handbook, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
Very informational. The additions in the back of the book help very much,specifically Therapeutic Class Index. All in all, a fine book especially for the purpose I am utilizing it for, veterinary technician.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Resource, August 29, 2008
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
All 5 doctors in our practice refer to this book multiple times each day. There is now a newer edition that we recently received that is even better!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plumb's really great and essential for vet care., November 29, 2010
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
We ordered Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook. The handbook comes in softcover and hardcover. We paid the extra $25.00 for hardcover, however received the softcover. That was disappointing. But we desperately needed the information that Plumb's contained and couldn't see waiting the extra time for return and reshipment of the correct version, so we kept it. The information contained within is invaluable for one who has to figure out dosing requirements for certain prescriptions. Our dog is a diabetic, blind, older toy ("Jacaques") poodle. Our love for "Jacques" outweighed any thoughts about returns and reshipments. The book we received was NEW as described. The shipping time was within the parameters for shipping days quoted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Veterinary Medication Reference, November 17, 2007
DRDePorter "D" (Amesbury, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Paperback)
Great reference for any professional involved in treatment or care of animals. Excellent detail for anyone who needs a validated source of medication information for their pet. Great details on medications for the vet or the animal caregiver. Details medications, chemistry, storage, stability and compatibility, pharmacology, uses and indications, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, precautions, reproductive safety, adverse effects, drug/drug interactions, drug/lab interactions, dosing, monitoring parameters, and dosage forms both vet and human. This is a quality veterinary drug reference!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition
Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition by Donald C. Plumb (Paperback - January 31, 2005)
Used & New from: $38.33