Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 7, 2006
Got one of these robes for my wife and she loves it! She's worn it nearly every day for the past few months and it's held up very well (not like the other robes she's had). Still very soft and comfortable. All in all it HIGHLY exceeded our expectations - she loves the way it feels and I'm happy that I don't have to keep buying a new robe every few months!
on March 8, 2007
I guess I should have known that an ultra plush bathrobe would be warm, but this robe is almost uncomfortably warm unless the house is cold. That said, it is soft, the length is perfect (mid-shin), and it does everything that you would want a robe to do. I would suggest, however, that you not purchase this robe unless you live in a climate with actual seasons (i.e., not Texas), as you may find it to be too warm to actually wear it.
on October 7, 2008
I purchased this robe thinking that with "lightweight" in the description it wouldn't be so bulky and hot, but I was wrong - very bulky and very hot. I bought a large - I am 5'10 and nine months pregnant and was still swimming in this robe. It is sized way too big, the shoulder seam was midway down my upper arm and I have fairly broad shoulders. The color (mint/sage, whatever they call it) was great though and the length was good for me being so tall - it hit about mid shin. It is definitely not the right type of robe if you want to throw it on while still wet out of the shower or tub, it won't help to dry you at all like terry cloth would. It was kind of uncomfortable when put on if you're wet.
on April 27, 2012
Both my husband and I have been using these robes all winter and we love them. They are very warm and comfortable. I'm not sure how much we will be able to use them as it starts getting warmer though so if you're looking for a good year-round robe, this probably isn't for you unless you live somewhere where it never really gets hot.

My only complaint would be that the robe tends to attract pet hair and lint balls and whatever else may be floating around the house and washing it doesn't seem to make much of a difference sometimes. I feel silly having to take a lint roller to a robe but I do it about every other wash.
on April 11, 2015
This is the robe I've been looking for. I had ordered a verrrry thick (and equally long) terry robe a few weeks earlier and just found the extreme weight of it to be offputting every time I reached for it. I thought - I do need the warmest robe (and full ankle length) I can find, but does it really have to be SO heavy? Then I went searching and found THIS robe - got it today and it envelopes my body wonderfully just like the terry robe, but it's LIGHT. Thick, plush and light. I am every bit as warm, but far more comfortable, and it has a really good quality fluffy texture -- doesn't look cheap or tacky as some micro fiber or synthetic robes I've seen which have more of the look of fake fur or a skimpy uneven pile or a "trailer trash" look; grungy, old and lived in from day one. No, this robe looks luxurious and evokes a spa, and somehow as thick as it is, it even manages not to make you look enormous, that part was a surprise.

The only thing I would wish if for another 2-3 inches in length. I am 5'9", 140 pounds, and ordered the large. I really couldn't go with X or XX Large just for more length - the bottom of the robe comes to 7 inches from the ground (or 3 inches from my ankles) - pretty much like the photo of the man - it doesn't come as far down as the one the woman is wearing (clearly she's shorter). I get that robe makers can't please everyone and I'm somewhat tall for a woman so they can't make robes long enough for me that would drag the floor for other women. But I wish it was longer anyway. I do feel the draft on the few inches of my exposed ankles. And no I don't want to bend my aching back in the morning to struggle with pulling on socks in the morning before I have my coffee. The whole point of a robe and slippers is you just stumble groggily and slip easily into them and done - an all-in-one solution. Oh well, otherwise this robe is as good as it gets - I combed the entire internet comparing them all.
on December 8, 2006
This robe was given to me as a gift, not only do i love it because it is so soft and snuggly, and color selections were really nice, But My boyfriend tries to steal it, one of my dogs tries to climb in it with me, and even the cat can't stop clinging to me when i am wearing it.
on December 24, 2011
I just LOVE this robe. It is warm, cozy, comfortable, and well made. As soon as I read the reviews where some folks said it was hot, I knew this was the robe for me, and it didn't disappoint. The inner tie keeps the robe closed and maintains warmth. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds and the size S fits me perfectly. There are great colour choices as well. Ordered through Amazon, and even during the busy Christmas season, it arrived in just a few days. If you want to pamper yourself in comfort, this is the robe for you. It's worth the cost because there's nothing else quite like it.

Btw, it's smooth on the inside and a bit shaggy on the outside, trapping body warmth.

Because it can't be shipped to Canadian addresses, a friend brought it back for me for Christmas. Now that's a good friend!

Update: I loved the first one so much I purchased a second in a different colour. They wash like a dream when you avoid heat and fabric softener. I don't want anything to happen to this robe. It's so well made, I look forward to years of enjoyment.
on October 31, 2009
I wanted a nice robe to wear in the hospital when my son was born, and this robe had such glowing reviews, I had to buy it. Big mistake! I was greatly disappointed.

I will say that this robe did have some things going for it: It IS soft, and comes in many colors.

But, it is still WAY overpriced. And after only one washing on GENTLE cycle, the robe looks really ratty. Also, I was dumb enough to buy the matching slippers. There is practically no cushion to the soles at all, they are really cheaply made, and definitely not worth the $$$ I paid for them.
on April 26, 2006
I LOVE my soft and comfortable green robe that I received last year for Mother's Day! Whenever I wear it, I want to just relax with a magazine or watch TV, and then fall asleep in it. The matching green slippers complete the feel, and I really feel pampered. I never knew I could feel SO good wearing a robe, especially since I was not really a robe wearer before receiving this wonderful plush robe! This is such an excellent product and great gift!!
on October 24, 2014
When I got this robe as a birthday present my first thought was, "Well, this is ugly." My husband reassured me that it had terrific reviews and was super warm. He was right! (Don't tell him I said so) I am the one that is either constantly turning up the thermostat or dragging a personal heater around the house or am wrapped up in a blanket. Well, no more. This is a wonderful, comfortable, and WARM robe.