Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Pocahontas (Disney Gold Classic Collection)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 51% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Pocahontas (Disney Gold Classic Collection)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Music Videos: Colors of the Wind & If I Never Knew You
- Interactive Read-Along
- Interactive Trivia Game
Top Customer Reviews
1. Worst DVD tranfer of a Disney film in recent memory
2. No "If I Never Knew You". Not even the rough cut.
3. Extras: a Trailer and some music videos. Not much going on here.
4. Not anamorphic
1. Anamorphic 16:9
2. Great new transfer
3. "If I Never Knew You" in the movie and completely animated. Major addition to the last half of the movie.
4. Both versions of the film, the 1995 cut and the 2003 "Director's Cut".
5. Loads of extras including a documentary, updated audio commentary track, sections for each major character with art, concept drawings, deleted scenes, scenes that never made it past the concept stage......you get the idea.
The first time I saw Pocahontas, and for long after that, I had mixed feelings about it. I'm a hardcore Disney fan, and there's little I hate more than to be disappointed in a Disney animated feature. Unfortunately, this was something I had to deal with for... possibly the first time ever in theaters upon seeing "Pocahontas.Read more ›
On May 3, 2005, Disney will be releasing a "Special Edition", tenth anniversary, 2-disc DVD release that will be similar to thier recent reissue of Sleeping Beauty and other Disney classics.
With all of the features on that, people who buy this DVD now will be disappointed if they don't wait.
Disney will be adding the usual "Making of" clips, some pre-production art, and other features that make their "Special Editions" great, to this new edition of Pocahontas.
Also, you can watch the original theatrical release on this DVD, but I don't know why you'd want to!
P.S. Mel sings beautifully!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome movie for all ages. Music is excellent, as par for Disney.Published 1 day ago by Lori Clifton
Got this DVD used but in very good condition. It said it was guaranteed to play but it has skipped and has a lot of scratches as well as deep scratches.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
I love this movie. My young daughter is very intrigued with the Native American culture, which is part of her heritage and this is such a great movie to introduce such things. Read morePublished 18 days ago by BusyBShoppin
It arrived on time, in great condition, and was just as described. My son was thrilled.Published 27 days ago by Tim
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Coming to Blu-Ray Summer 2012!!||
I'm also excited, I've waited a long time for Disney to start releasing the 90's films on Blu-ray (you know the ones that aren't slated for Diamond releases that they could have put out by now). I'm upset about the dual packaging with the crap sequel, its dumb but I don't like the cramped titles... Read More
Feb 9, 2012 by Reconnecting To My Childhood | See all 4 posts
|Pocahontas: Platinum Edition||
I'm sorry, I have no idea when such an edition of Pocahontas will be coming out. Disney sure takes its time reeling out the Platinums.
Pocahontas is my favorite animated Disney film. :)
Jun 15, 2009 by BookBuff9293 | See all 2 posts
|What does Disney's Pocahontas say about Native Americans?||
I'm sorry that all you saw in this movie was it's historical inaccuracies. At the vary least you missed out on the movie's uniquely beautiful animation and musical compositions. Furthermore, it was never Disney's intention to paint Pocahontas, nor the Powatan Native Americans, in a... Read More
Aug 26, 2012 by Queen Elsa | See all 3 posts
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Animated Movies
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Gold Collection