Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 15, 2010
I am on my second round of the HCG protocol and was so happy to run across this book. I wish I would have had it the first round. Such a convenience to be able to have with me on the go. The calorie counting charts are so helpful, especially on maintenance, when I am unsure while eating out at new places.
*****
This little book is not a description of the HCG diet at all--it is something to carry with you in your purse or pocket so that when you go to the grocery store you can know what you can and cannot buy. You absolutely need at least one other book describing the diet (I love "HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide" by Linda Prinster) to use as a main book. I think you also need a tracker, like "My HCG Tracker" by Tiffany Prinster. But at any rate, this little pocket guide cannot be used alone because it is a grocery list and a reference to check foods that you might eat when you are out.

Yes, all of this information can be found on the Internet and in HCG forums. But not all in one place. And you can't fit it in your purse when you go to the grocery store. And there are no recipes. Or instructions or explanations. This is a book that helps you to remember what foods you can and cannot buy at different phases of the diet.

I am only in Phase 2 but it has been so helpful and it looks like it will be just as helpful in Phase 3.

Highly recommended.
*****
on November 3, 2009
While this is certainly not a complete guide to the diet, it is a great miniature reference book to have with you throughout the day so you don't have to carry around the bigger HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide (of which I also have and use all the time). This book does not tell all about the diet, but has the basic "diet page" out of the Dr.'s manuscript and the nutrition chart out of the HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide with all the foods and drinks telling you whether or not you can have them in the different phases of the diet. This chart is soo helpful, especially on maintenance. I'd definitely recommend this book to those on the protocol as a little carry around reference, especially during maintenance.
on April 17, 2013
We were headed out on a trip and wanted the Pocket Guide, so downloaded to Kindle. The pocket guide is mostly comprised of tables which do not display at all well on a Kindle. You either must squint a lot, or carry a magnifying glass. I suspect the hard copy (paperback) would be useful, but on Kindle it is not.
on November 12, 2011
I bought this book, the drops, and a recipe book, and this book was a waste of my money. I could find all this stuff on google for free! It basically was a smaller, cheaper, version of some book that was more expensive. For example it would say "and try THIS, located on our website (which cost to join)" or "and in the larger version we explain more" You do NOT NEED THIS BOOK to do your diet!
on August 15, 2013
I have been on the diet for 15 days and have lost 15lbs. This works, but you must follow it. You cannot vary from the list of foods or add things like O'Douls (no alchohol, but carbs and sugar), sugar, or fruits or veggies other than these. The reason is because the other ones produce sugar in the body or convert to carbs and you cannot have that on this diet. Remember, this short term and I'm doing great recipes that work terrificially with the choices of meats and veggies. So far I'm not really hungry, only 1 or two days sometimes, and then I just eat extra veggies. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. You have to do that to flush the fat out of your body. I'm already down one size in clothes and feel 10 years younger and look better. My skin looks better, my age spots are fading. BUY THE BOOK "the Weight loss cure they don't want you to know about" by Kevin Treadeau. No wonder my mind and body was having so many issues. Once you understand the amount of chemicals that are in processed foods you will stop eating them. I am doing the best I can, will never rule out 100% of the things he mentions, but anything is better than nothing. Get the chemicals and metal toxins out of your body while you do this.
on July 7, 2014
I bought this guide so I could eat similar to what the HCG diet calls for. I disagree about the 500 calories, so the guide was very helpful to track just how many calories I ate in a day. I watched my calorie intake and carbs.
on December 24, 2010
I ordered this book to help me to do the HCG diet. You have to have this book
if you eat away from your home. I have used my everday. It is very helpful.
I must say before doing this diet please go on there website and read all you can
about this diet. I did very well but I am still doing it. I made the mistake
starting before the holidays.That made it harder. If YOU CHEAT you will not lose and you
could gain. One bite of something can mess you up for a couple of days. This is a long
diet it takes several weeks to do it right. But it is a good diet.
on January 26, 2014
I bought the kindle version for carrying convenice. This is a good book for the diet but i think i prefer the papaer back version for the duration of my diet. but it has a lot of great helpful information for hcg dieters.
on April 1, 2011
This book is very handy, I keep it in my purse and refer to it often. That being said, there isn't any "new" information in this book that you can't get from the others. Specifically, if you have the HCG Weight Loss Cure by Linda Prinster, all the info in the pocket guide is already in that book. The pocket guide is pretty much just a list of foods you can have, broken down by phase and calorie count, but it is more condensed and more portable.