Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: 50-FeetChange

on April 6, 2013
It's garbage. Do not buy this if you have high blood pressure, a heart condition, or believe that cursing is a sin. I turned it on, and it came apart, sending water and profanity throughout the air. I repeat...GARBAGE!
5454 comments1,257 of 1,312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
I bought one straight from the pocket hose website. They had a great deal where you buy 1 and get the next one for super cheap.

I bought two 25 footers. They didn't have them so sent me 2 50' for the same price.

On day 1, the first one I tried was punctured from the start. It had a pinhole that was shooting out water. Crap.

So I went to the second one. It was fine and dandy, but 3 days later the nozzle fell off.

Then there's this: You watch the video and get the idea that after you use it it'll scrunch back up to it's original size. It won't. You'll never get it back into that container. It does scrunch up and it is neat to see it happen, but it doesn't get nearly enough. In fact, it's disappointing. I was thinking that you could sorta just let it hang on the spigot in a clump. The 50' hose was maybe still 30' long when it was done shrinking and still had to be wound up and hung up. It was WAY easier to wind up than a normal water hose, but was way more work than they wanted me to think it was going to be.

All in all, I'd avoid it until they come up with a better product.
276276 comments1,306 of 1,368 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
I purchased this hose a couple weeks ago. It worked well for a few days before it developed multiple pinhole leaks. I wish I had read the reviews before buying.
1515 comments468 of 503 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
I screwed the PLASTIC end onto my water tap. I turned on water and it flew off! And it cracked. Great concept.... Needs metal ends
66 comments307 of 344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
The ONLY time I tried to shut it off, the little PLASTIC lever broke. Worst piece of JUNK I ever bought!!!!! Even though I didn't buy from Amazon. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
22 comments315 of 354 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
My first use the shoddy plastic fitting leaked.
Plastic fitting on a hose - are you kidding me?
Don't waste your time = buy a hose with METAL fittings!
33 comments293 of 334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
Junk , Junk, Junk
I knew this was too good to be true.
connection came off as soon as I turned on the water.
33 comments284 of 326 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2013
it works but it does not roll back to what it was after one use it stays half th extended size
11 comment263 of 302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
I purchased a couple of Pocket Hoses at Walgreens and used one a few weeks. On July 5th, I was using it to fill pet water bowls on the back patio floor. When I last used it, I was bending over and filling water bowls. I closed the hose nozzle when suddenly a large clear water balloon formed! I quickly turned my head away when it exploded with a loud bang! I was drenched and startled at the large hole in the hose. It could have blinded my right eye if I had not quickly turned my head to the left. The explosion had scared my cat and I examined him for injuries. I took pictures of the hose right after and then I return it (and a another new Pocket Hose) back to Walgreens and got my money back. This was a very scary incident and people should be warned.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
Reading the reviews here it seems ppl could have benefited from the advice I got from the sales gal where I purchased my hose - don't turn the water on high initially. Also, one or two ppl need to read the instructions which specifically state to not leave the hose under pressure - drain it when you are done. Draining only requires you to open the valve. Because of the expanding nature of this hose it does not like a lot of pressure. It is really no different than your car or bike tire. Put them under too much pressure and they will leak and/or explode. I would not use it for pressure washing or even hooking up to a soaker hose. It is good for active watering when you always have flow. Take it for what it is - a nice light weight hose that won't kink. Good for watering pots and baskets and hooking up a light yard sprinkler. For your bigger jobs like irrigation, pressure washing or even washing the car (situations where you maintain pressure in the hose with a nozzle that you open when you need it) use a heavy duty hose. This is a light alternative designed to make parts of your life easier. It is not the answer to all your needs and dreams.
4343 comments422 of 499 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse