Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on April 5, 2001
I am horrid at managing my money, and I found this book very helpful. First of all, it is very short and to the point, which is great for those of us with a limited attention span when it comes to financial issues! Second, I like that they recommended budgeting a lump sum for personal "pocket" money and other similar categories, rather that suggesting I track every soda or pack of gum I buy during the month.
on March 29, 2000
The book is great! The first chapter just really opens your eyes to how much money you are waisting or Frittering, is what they call it. There is a lot of tips and savvy saver tips, as well resources. There concept of budgeting is great. It has everything that you need learn and to budget your living with out being deprived. I will recommend this book anyone who is thinking or just wants to know more about beig on a budget.
on October 22, 2006
I have read several budgeting books, and have even taken a class at my bank about budgeting. All of them left me with the message "you want more money? save some!" without giving me real guidelines on how to do it. I had a financial epiphany when I read this book. I now have a savings account with automatic payroll deduction. This account is for emergencies, fun things like travel, and what I call "sporadic predictables" like car insurance and bills I pay every 10 weeks that often catch me off guard. Then the rest of the money from my paycheck is carefully but flexibly divided into obligations (like mortgage and student loans), controllable necessities (like the electric bill and phone bill), and then spendable money. The confidence I feel now after reading this book is well worth the affordable price. I highly recommend it.
on April 1, 2003
This books sets out very simple ideas, strategies and help for any person interested in watching their money. It is a simple planning book for budgeting that any [body] could use. Humor and straight-forwardness are the backbone of the book's help in money problem areas. It is a MUST READ!
on May 30, 2006
I read this short book in just a couple hours and by the end I had a working budget that is doable for my family's lifestyle. I really like the idea of having separate monthly monetary limits on personal pocket money, family allowance and personal allowance. I definitely had the Starbucks syndrome, where I spend so much money on lunches, coffee and snacks that I was frittering away thousands a year. Having only a certain amount in cash each week in my pocket for all of these little expenses has been really helpful, and I don't have write down everytime I buy a coffee. I also really like the separate savings accounts - for the must fund, rainy day fund, want fund, and other contingencies like insurance and taxes. I just put a certain amount away in a separate account each month and then just pay it when some it comes due. Perfect if you just want a quick guide to making a helpful and uncomplicated budget.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this book for my wife and I. It provided an easy to understand fundamental basis for developing and implementing a family budget. My wife has gotten much better with money after reading this book and I found some weaknesses in my own strategy as well. A good investment for the few dollars spent. It is a little bit dated and some of the links provided in the text didn't work. Maybe just provide a search and not specific links.
on July 15, 2015
For my son..a budget idiot..lol. went into marine corps and got money and little guidance. This book has been a great tool for him and he has been successfully learning . Easy to read and understand...I ever learned some new information. Easy to carry around and read at your convenience. Offers easy tips to adjust your habit and live within your means for financial success as well as some big changes. Has made a difference in his spending habits since he read the first few pages...would be awesome for a college bound student I think...teach them while they are young
on October 8, 2011
I purchased this book for my Granddaughter who is in grad scool and ask me to help her with her budget.
For years I have utilized a budget using the same principles as outlined in this book but different terminology so it is indeed simple and easy to follow.
Anyone who is serious about the budget process and is willing to implement the suggestions can certainly learn to manage their money. As with any budget you have to seriously determine to budget your spending and stick with it to succeed. It can be done!!
on April 20, 2009
i am terrible with money and my wife is worse. this book is really friendly and we have been reading it individually and discussing it together. it is a really good handbook for getting the spending in order and not painful at all. i reccomend it.
on November 14, 2013
For my purposes this was a very good book. It takes a rather mundane subject and presents it in a style that makes it a simple, quick, and fun read. I might have given it a 5-star except I don't have anything to compare it to. As a therapist I am using with a client who for legal reason was required to target personal finances to be incorporated as a small part of his treatment. This book hit the spot for that purpose. I might add that the fact I was allowed to peruse before I bought it help me make that particular selection.