Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2011
What I like about this guide: it includes carbs, sugar, protein, fat and sodium values. What I don't like: (I've only briefly scanned book) you need a big pocket for this to be considered a pocket guide though would fit most purses; similar foods aren't always portioned similarly so you must compare foods wisely; grocery items are generic which means you still need to compare labels. Overall, I like this guide. I believe it will really change the way I feed my body and help me make healthier choices.
on January 3, 2011
This book seems to be of good quality in book form .. in e-kindle form it is hard to read the letters are HUGE and you would have to bookmark all the pages you want to jump to once you scroll through all of them to find the ones you will use the most .. i wish i could return the kindle version i purchased the hardcover version and am awaiting it's arrival in the mail .. I hope this helps anyones future purchases
on August 22, 2011
I recently lost 50 lbs and still use this every day to keep on track. I am able to keep it by my kitchen table and track calories regularly. I use it only for looking up calories, protein, and fat (also has sat fat), and it has been helpful for those three things. There are other food values as well. It has just about every type of food that I eat regularly, including many beans/legumes, fruits, veggies, soy products, meats, cheeses, etc. There are only a few items (e.g., millet, korean melon, couscous) that I have come across so far to be missing. However, in general, it has just about all foods that I look up on a regular basis. It also has foods found at many popular restaurants, which helps you see calories and make decisions about eating while on the go. It is fairly small, although not tiny or pocket-sized by any means. Thickness is about 3/4".
on January 19, 2011
Comes through in giant type and no way to navigate for foods daily without going through the whole book. Again shame on Amazon for not monitoring what they sell. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN KINDLE FORMAT AND YOU SHOULD KNOW IT!
on August 1, 2013
This is the perfect size to fit into my purse or pocket. I recently lost 131 pounds and this little book is perfect to help me with the nutritional values, protein, fat etc... of all kinds of foods, especially when I go out. Love it!
on June 29, 2013
While the booklet is pretty complete, and a very handy size, everything is measured in ounces, and I find that less helpful. For example, I have to go to the internet to find out how much a cup of a particular fruit is since I don't weigh portions or how many calories in a medium plum. Who weighs a plum?
on May 23, 2012
I normally keep track of my calories on my android phone with the My fitness Pal App. But purchased this mini-book for my vacation when we would be taking a cruise. There was no 4G access for my phone to continue my food journal and this book filled the gap nicely. I chose this one over other calorie books because it gave protein information--the main nutrient I track on a fitness plan.
on August 10, 2011
Great resource for planning menus, finding nutritional info, serving sizes, counting calories, etc. Great for dieters and non-dieters. Includes specific restaraunts as well as every food I have looked for in the past month. Not a disappointment.
on December 24, 2011
Loved the color design, but was disappointed in the size of print. The print is too small for me to read. I'm looking for a similar book with a larger font. Any suggestions?
on April 24, 2013
As I put on weight during the holidays, my family doctor placed me on a calorie, carbohydrate restricted diet. This little gently used pocket guide has helped steer me through calorie and carbohydrate counting, again! I believe it is a very helpful tool!