5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect resource
We are a house full of college students, both traditional and non-traditional. We have struggled with writing formats and this book has resolved all of our issues. Very valuable regardless of writing level. Thank you!
Published 23 months ago by Laraed

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
This manual is one of the most useless things I have ever purchased in my entire life. Never, ever again.
Published 1 month ago by Megan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect resource, August 13, 2012
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stylistic Desk Reference for the Understaduate..., August 19, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
After finding my students struggling with style, I began searching for a style agnostic guide. After reading this guide, I decided to add it as an optional reference for my undergraduate students. I have found that using a supplemental quick reference helps students better understand issues and the writing requirements.

This is probably the perfect guide for undergraduate students. It is well written and a good general reference. The manual covers APA and MLA, but at a fairly high level. With that being said, I believe it is specific enough for students to get through a variety of papers in various programs. However, it may be necessary to still supplement with other style guides or web based references. This is a great general reference that addresses various styles, but is better for general grammatical issues.

I would not recommend this for most graduate students though. While we all need a little reference, graduate students should already have a mastery of most of the concepts within this text. When addressing the specific styles, I would suggest using a style specific guide or referring directly to the MLA or APA guides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 18, 2012
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
This reference manual was recommended by a friend, I now highly recommend it as well. I received it as advertised in mint condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resourse, December 22, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
This book is very useful for school. It shows the correct formatting for various writing styles. Thanks to this book, I received a 100% on my notes and bibliography pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time-saver!, November 10, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
This reference guide is a real time-saver! The way it is indexed makes if easy to find the topic you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, handy book, October 5, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
This handy book is very useful for my writing class but I also use it for essays, in any subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has all the basics, September 25, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
It has everything you need to know to write a better essay. It teaches you all the things you learned in grade school, then forgot, and then some!

4.0 out of 5 stars All I needed for my APA paper in one little book!, December 21, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
My Management prof wanted us to write our research paper in the APA style; I had not written a paper in many years (and we used the MLA style in college). This little book helped me get a 93 on my paper. It is laid out in an easy-to-use format. I highly recommend this guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good booklet for your english class, December 15, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
Helped me with my class. Although we did not really use this in the class I found that I could go home and while doing my essays refer to this booklet to help me with any gramar problems I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, December 2, 2013
This review is from: A Pocket Style Manual (Spiral-bound)
My wife loves it she used it to look up all kinds of different things and has with her always

A Pocket Style Manual
A Pocket Style Manual by Diana Hacker (Spiral-bound - November 24, 2011)
$27.11