Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 11, 2009
I bought the 3M MPRO 120 Pocket Projector to use in my graduate seminars and I must say I am delighted with the results. I was warned that the image might lack strength and clarity, especially in larger rooms. But since I teach most of my seminars in windowless rooms to groups of only 6-12 students, too much ambient light hasn't been an issue nor has lack of clarity at longer distances. It's absolutely perfect for small classes like mine. The projector connects flawlessly to both my MacBook Pro and my tiny Eee PC Netbook without extra software or undo hassles. It's essentially "plug & play." I use it primarily for PowerPoint and videos, and haven't encountered any difficulties whatsoever. Sure, the image isn't as powerful as a full-sized LCD projector. But for quick and easy set ups in a small, dark room, it's perfectly fine. About the only thing I miss is a tilt or image keystone correction function. It's not always practical to place the projector at exactly the same height as the screen, so the image is inevitably distorted into a trapezoidal shape. It's not a terribly important issue ultimately--my students don't seem to mind. But it would be a nice feature to add on future models. The fan isn't overly noisy, especially when compared to full-sized LCD portables I've used. It's very fast to set up and take down. And because of the LED lamp, it doesn't get unbearably hot. All in all, I'm perfectly pleased with it. Sure beats hauling around the old 10 lbs. LCD projector I used to use. And in most instances, it's more trustworthy than the built-in computers and projectors in many of my school's classrooms. (Most have been mishandled, mis-wired, and improperly maintained. They invariably take longer to fix than it takes to set-up and run the MPRO 120.)
33 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
I read other reviews on the 3M Micro Projector and was almost discouraged from buying it. I am glad I took the risk. I love it. It is not for projecting images in a large meeting room for hundreds of people, but I recently used it at a performance where approximatley 50 people attended and most everyone asked for the presentation without complaint which indicated that they could see it well. I also showed movies using the projector and the experience was great. For the intended use, I love this projector!
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2009
This very small projector does a pretty good job. If you are expecting something that will match up with the "big boys," you will be disappointed. This unit cannot be used with overhead fluorescent lights at all! Even some of the "canned" lights will overpower it if turned up to full. But in a reasonably darkened area, it gives a good and very large image. (Remember it is only 10 lumens; 12 in high power mode.)

The major disappointment is connecting to an iPhone. You need a special cable (not included) to connect to the cables included with the unit. Then, it appears, you can only see video from an iPhone/iPod; you could not see a browser or other apps. That means this would not work for a small presentation unit connected to an iPhone, etc.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2009
So this purchase was probably the "hesitant" of all my purchases on Amazon. It's not an inexpensive product, and with a mix bag of reviews, it had me worried. The primary purpose of this is to deliver impromptu presentations to a very small number of people (1-2). Looking over my shoulder on my laptop isn't very practical. Once I received the product, I charged it up and projected from my macbook pro onto my kitchen refrigerator. The projector was probably 2-3 feet away, and it projected an image of roughly 24" diagonal.. The brightness was actually alot better than I expected (I guess I had doubts and low expectations). As noted, this is in no way, able to replace a conference room projector. It does, however, give me the option to present to a small number of people anytime/anywhere. Oh, and another recommendation, this is not ideal for "eye-chart" presentations, which are real bad anyway. You should speak to the slides, and not read or have your viewers read. Keep the presentation simple!
on January 17, 2010
Got to laugh when I read the other reviews.... Read the product description to make sure that it comes with the cables you need. This is not an Apple product hence does not come with Apple connector but we bought the i.Sound AV Cable Works with iPhone i.Sound AV Cable Works with iPhone and Made for iPod (White) and it works great!

Sure the volume could be louder, and well hell it could be three times the size as well! The volume is great considering it is less than the size of a package of cigarettes...

You can use this item with your notebook, mp4 player, DVD player, IPod touch, IPhone (including 3GS) - you name it....

Awesome product... When you read the other reviews, keep in mind the size, the number of video sources it supports...
on December 3, 2009
I bought the device to use on sailing trips for movie nights. The projector work flawlessly with both an Ipod and laptop computer. Setup was easy and battery time lasted though at least a 90 movie. I'm very happy with the prodcut.
on December 1, 2009
Pro: Lightweight, very portable, comes with mini-tripod, simple to use. Works well with DVD player or computer.

Cons: Projected image not very bright. Needs a dark room for viewing larger projected images.

Overall, a great little little projector.
on November 16, 2010
Flush $300 clams down the tube! From the outset I was disappointed with the projector. I expected it to be able to at least project a 30" image in a dimly lit room. With ANY light in the room you will be hard pressed to do better than a 20" image on a white wall or board. Plan on needing a very dark room to effectively use the projector.
50 days after purchased, the projector has stopped working. Powers up and then turns itself off automatically. Thought charging the battery might fix it but no joy. Off to Google to try to find the answers since I am outside the return window!
You will need Google and other sources for operations and trouble shooting of the projector. There is NO DOCUMENTATION. It is not that the documentation is weak.... there is none.
on October 30, 2009
Brightness and resolution were disappointing. But for the size and portability of the unit would be acceptable in some applications. If you're planning to watch a sporting event in a large format screen you will be disappointed. If you're making a sales pitch to a small group of customers it would probably be okay.
on October 22, 2010
Once I figured out that the unit did not work with an older laptop, and used my newer one, the unit was easy and quick to set-up.