4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Zone Controller gives me options.
Published on March 31, 2011 by Jeffery Noble

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea.... terrible construction
I hate having to write a negative review, as I really like PocketWizards in general.... but this is poorly made. If it was a $10 yongnuo I might understand, but its an $80 PW. For the price I really expect better build quality.

Published 12 months ago by Carbon43

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Zone Controller gives me options., March 31, 2011
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-709 AC3 Zone Controller for Nikon (Camera)
This little zone controller has made my Nikon flash system faster and more approachable than the menu based SU-800 controller. I can try different lighting combos faster and keep the subject engaged and present. It does feel a bit cheap and fiddly at first but you soon get over that when you see what it can do. I wish I could lower the power in manual one more stop but other than that no complaints. Now I just need to find another one for my second camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars This makes the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 a PERFECT lighting solution!, July 2, 2012
Jerry Jackson Jr. (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using and loving the Pock Wizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for Nikon since they've been available. These radio TTL flash transmitters/transceivers are an ideal way to control your light while on location and working with off-camera flashes/speedlights. However, I found it frustrating that I needed to use a commander flash connected to the MiniTT1 (and then dive into the flash menus) to get the most out of the Pocket Wizards.

The AC3 is a remarkably simple solution to that problem. Simply connect the AC3 to the MiniTT1 on your camera and you can use the switches and dials on the AC3 to manually control the wireless flashes without having to go into a complicated flash or camera menu or walk up to each flash and adjust them manually. The AC3 is so amazing that I don't know how I was using the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for so long without it. Pocket Wizard should offer the AC3 in a "package deal" with the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 so that more people understand that the "optional" AC3 really should be considered an ESSENTIAL part of the wireless TTL kit.

The AC3 makes controlling the Nikon speedlights so easy that lighting your subject(s) becomes instinctive rather than something you have to spend time thinking about. If something isn't right about the lighting then you just have to turn a dial or two or maybe flip a switch and BANG ... perfect lighting!

Honestly, if you use the Pocket Wizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 then you really NEED to have the AC3 in your kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 8, 2013
S. Willoughby (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to use with Pocket Wizard Mini and Flex units. As expected, all units are compatible and perform excellently together. Delivery was prompt -- even faster than projected. I'm fully satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's small but works great!, June 25, 2012
I ordered this to be able to control my 2 SB-900 while off camera and attached to my Flex receivers! Works great! I guess I was expecting something a little bigger but not huge. This thing is small. But it works as advertised. And is very well made by pocket wizard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome addition to off camera flash control, December 30, 2011
Added a second Flex and the AC3 comes in handy when controlling both flashes. I highly recommend it if you are committed to getting full capability from the whole system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea.... terrible construction, July 5, 2013

Whats more, it broke. After being used only twice. No idea why, and it wasnt abused. I baby my electronics. Tried contacting the manufacturer, but no word back thus far. Very disappointed.

If anything changes I'll be sure to update this post, but as it stands right now, I a very poor artist who gives his work away for free to performers, am in the hole $80. I dont have the money to replace it at this point, so unless something changes, I'm totally screwed :(

5.0 out of 5 stars AC3 for nikon rocks., April 1, 2013
As simple as it gets. If you use multiple wireless flashes at your wedding venues then this is your life savior. Works flawless, allows me to switch the flashes on-off whenever I need to and lower their output without running towards the stands. Priceless for any wedding photographer or studio.
Jozef Povazan - from [...] - vancouver wedding photographer

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective, March 31, 2013
Dave (Carlsbad CA) - See all my reviews
I love the Pocket Wizard flex tt-5 system and the small size and simplicity of this zone controller makes it a no brainer. I have an SU800 Nikon remote but this is simpler, takes no battery and is less likely to get broken off the top of my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Unit!, March 21, 2013
JDP (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
I no longer have to walk to my strobes to change the output. Very handy when on location and you need to make adjustments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it's supposed to, January 2, 2013
Vanden (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This item does what it is designed to do, a few stops of adjustment if you use a nikon flash. Thats the only caveat, it does not work with off brand flashes like Yonguo. So if fine adjustments for off camera triggered flash using nikon flashes is what you are after, these are perfect!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›