5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied
A note to the manufacturer:
1) Why make it so thin that it really does not provide real protection?
2) Why make it so that the velcro does not stick and the internal compartments don't actually stay in place?
3) Why make it so that the Pocket Wizards JUST fit - it's tight and with three already bulging?
4) Why put an expensive, well printed, cool card...
Published on November 1, 2011 by Charanjit Jabbal

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
This is a poor quality bag for unreasonable for that quality price. Dividers would not stay in place. Seams are not even as is zip lock. Very disappointed.
Published on December 23, 2011 by D. Shin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied, November 1, 2011
A note to the manufacturer:
1) Why make it so thin that it really does not provide real protection?
4) Why put an expensive, well printed, cool card label in this item when you could have spent the money in making the product better?
5) Why not test the product to make sure it works, shoddy quality control?

So disappointing. For this price, you could have become the de-facto standard for all photographers, but I guess you did not want the market share. This bag will contain the very best that Pocket Wizard has to offer in an amazing product. Why did you not chose to do the same?

I welcome your thoughts to these questions.

Update: 11/1/11: An update: Left a review with Pocket Wizard. They emailed me, apologized and agreed to send me a new version, with the fixed velcro in January once they had corrected the manufacturer faults. They also sent me the the G-Wiz 2x for review - this is an excellent product, functions extremely well and has great velcro. Changing my rating to three stars for Pocket Wizard taking responsibility and being highly customer friendly. More to follow once I receive the new G-Wiz Trunk.

Update 02/02/12: An Update: Pocket Wizard, as promised, delivered the new version today. It is completely fixed. The velcro is strong and works very well. This product is now completely as it should be, functional, capable and of the high Pocket Wizard quality. Additionally they sent me a little pocket light and several Pocket Wizard stickers. Everything arrived at no additional cost.
So, in conclusion, five stars to Pocket Wizard and to this product now. Pocket Wizard listened to their customers and fixed the issue. Very cool. Thank you Pocket Wizard. My special thanks go to DM, VP Director of Marketing who personally managed the whole incident from start to finish. Thanks Dave.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit... Good quality... but pricey..., January 13, 2012
Rex V. Polito (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Just got this bag today and I was glad to see the bag is of good quality.
This thing contains the following like a glove:

MiniTT1 (1 unit)
FlexTT5 (2 units)
AC3 (1 unit)
AC9 (1 unit)
sync cable for Alien Bee 1600
spare AA batteries (4 units)
spare 2450 batteries (2 units)

I could place a 3rd FlexTT5 instead of the spare batteries
It's worth getting if you love your Pocket Wizards.
I would have given it 5 stars but I can't help but feel that
it's a bit overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome simple product, October 9, 2011
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
After having invested so much money in Pocket Wizards MiniTT1's and FlexTT5's, I could not justify saving a few dollars by not protecting them. Pocket Wizard essentially offers two dedicated solutions in this regard; the G-Wiz 2x (not on Amazon yet) and the Pocket Wizard G-Wiz Trunk Bag for Pocket Wizard MINITT1 and FLEXTT5. However, if you have more than two transceivers, you will need the latter.

The trunk fits everything perfectly. I was concerned when filled with Wizards, it would not easily transport in any of my carrying solutions. The trunk fits easily in my Lowepro X200 roller (depth or width) as well as my LowePro Stealth Reporter D400 or D650 (deep to maximize use of space), while leaving room for other gear. The trunk provides ample padding and is made of high quality material with internal compartments that can be configured by the user (though it comes ready to use). There is also a top pocket, inside the cover, that can be used to carry cables. However, do not expect to carry a bunch of other non-related gear when this trunk is filled with the radios as that is not the intended purpose. The trunk also came with a carabiner though some others indicate that theirs did not.

In short, I highly recommend this product even at its seemingly high price tag. Case logic used to make something similar as an accessory pouch that sold for about $12. Case Logic currently sells Case Logic Portable Satellite Radio Case, which may serve as an alternative. However, for the $15 in savings you are sacrificing portability (when used with other camera bags) as well as a dedicated custom fit solution. Stick with the Pocket Wizard G-Wiz Trunk Bag for Pocket Wizard MINITT1 and FLEXTT5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works ok but could have been better., October 27, 2011
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Pocket wizard makes great dslr wireless triggers so I expected the same kind of quality in this product but this tt trunk has the worst Velcro I have ever seen. It has almost no gripping power. I don't know if the problem is the hooks or the loops but the Velcro powered sections do not stay in place. the trunk works but it could have been a lot better if the Velcro sections stayed in place while holding the tt1 and tt5 units.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps more organized, but at a price, May 16, 2013
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
I invested a lot in my pocketwizards (for good or bad). In the end, I found myself just throwing them into my camera bag. I started to think how lucky I was to not have broke or lost one.. this holds my set up perfectly, but at a price..

Like-
Keeps me organized and my product safe.

Dislike-
The cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag for my Pocket Wizard, January 2, 2012
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Very Happy when I received this bag....It will help to carry my one TT1 and two TT5s in one bag....It's very difficult to find this bag in my country....

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 23, 2011
D. Shin "DS" (Columbia, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds all my PocketWizard gear, October 12, 2011
E. Lacey (Shrewsbury, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
The PocketWizard G-Wiz Trunk is a nice add on for those of us who have multiple PocketWizard Flex and Mini remotes. The bag is very well constructed and contains room to store a Mini, the AC3 Zone controller and 3 or 4 Flex's, depending on whether or not the dividers are in place. Additionally there is a zippered pouch that can store cables, batteries, and/or the PocketWizard controller for Einstein lights like I have. Storing your remotes this way does require more room than simply attaching them all together and carrying them that way, but the added protection is worth the added space requirements. And, since the trunk was made specifically for these remotes, everything is as compact as possible. At $29.95, it is a bit over-priced, but given the value of everything it will carry inside, it really isn't too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, compact, necessary, May 1, 2014
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
I do not like to have my PW radios tumbling around in my camera bag. This small "trunk" is the exact right size for my TT1, two PlusX units, two transceiver caddies, and the Nikon cords for my PlusX units. I can still fit a few extra batteries and a remote shutter cord in the zipper pouch on the undersize of the top. There is a carry strap on one of the sides which I use to hang the bag on the tripod. The build is perfectly fine. There is a fabric bumper around the zipper on the inside to keep your radios from getting nicked up, and the four include dividers (two full-width, two smaller for corners,) are 100% adjustable and of very convenient size. Despite a few reviews that call this a mediocre product, I found that it fit my needs exactly, is of solid build, and is well thought out. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars good if all you want to hold are tt5s, March 21, 2014
MN from LA (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black) (Electronics)
i think that this is a fine case for the tt5s - works great and I'm happy that the units are not loose in the bag for sure. however, it is tight and there are always accessories that need a place to be kept and it requires an extra small case. a little bit of a redesign could have made a very big difference for me. i'm mixed and sure wish that i used a different case for my tt5s.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

PocketWizard 804-712 G-Wiz Trunk Bag (Black)
$25.00