From the Manufacturer
AC9 AlienBees Adapter About the AC9 AlienBees Adapter
The AC9 AlienBees Adapter paired with a FlexTT5™ Transceiver enables remote power control of AlienBees or White Lightning flash. With a MiniTT1™ Transmitter or FlexTT5™ Transceiver on your camera, you can now adjust the power settings on your AlienBees or White Lightning flashes from the camera's position. Add the AC3 ZoneController and you can control three different groups of lights in 1/3-stop increments with a six-stop range. Utilize PocketWizard's unique features such as HyperSync™ and Optimized Rear Curtain Sync for maximum control of your lighting.
- Use PowerTracking and when you change ISO or aperture, the lights automatically adjust their power setting.
- Add the AC3 ZoneController to control up to three zones of light independently.
- Use the AC3's Manual Mode and adjust the output of your Elinchrom RX flashes from the camera position in 1/3rd stop increments.
- Combine manual and auto modes or toggle zones on and off and unleash your creativity.
- Use HyperSync to increase your maximum x-sync speed and Optimized Rear Curtain Sync to create natural looking movement in your images.
PocketWizard’s AC9 AlienBees Adapters are the latest accessory for the PocketWizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 ControlTL radio system. The AC9 slides into the shoe of a PocketWizard FlexTT5 and enables remote power control of AlienBees or White Lightning flashes with a camera-mounted PocketWizard MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver. Utilizing PocketWizard’s ControlTL technology, you can control the flash power level using the camera’s Flash Exposure Control (FEC). The AC9’s PowerTracking feature automatically adjusts flash power to maintain the established level to maintain proper exposure whenever the aperture and/or ISO is changed. Sliding the PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController into the shoe of the camera mounted MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 enables controlling AlienBees or White Lightening flash units in three zones, A B C, in 1/3-stop increments over a six-stop range. The AC9 draws its power directly from the FlexTT5 so there’s no need to install or replace batteries. The PocketWizard AC9 is a must-have for Canon and Nikon photographers using PocketWizard with AlienBees units.