5.0 out of 5 stars very happy
i`m veeeeery happy to bought it , its very useful and i wanna to buy two more `ENSHALLAH` in the future
Published 20 months ago by Bader BaEessa

The PW Plus III's are great. 5/5. My three stars are for the kit as advertised.

The PWs are often cheaper in pairs, or come with nearly-free junk, depending on how you look at it.

Published 11 months ago by August

3.0 out of 5 stars 2x Plus III = 5/5, Great. Hildozine Caddy = 2/5, Meh... Microfiber = Ok, a free tissue., March 23, 2014
This review is from: PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver + Hildozine Transceiver Caddy V3 for PocketWizard Plus III (Personal Computers)
The PW Plus III's are great. 5/5. My three stars are for the kit as advertised.

I see the Hildozine caddy as a freebie. I sure wouldn't pay to equip a whole fleet of PWs with 'em. I had to modify them straight out of the box to make them practical. The biggest issue for me is the slotted screw on the back. It requires a screwdriver (or maybe a small coin) to change the batteries, or switch the mounting, etc. I swapped the screws for some thumbscrews after fighting off the retention washer with needle nose pliers from behind. The washer "fins" need to be bent individually away from the bolt, and then pressed back into shape before installing again.

The protrusion of the thubscrew head is only minimally obtrusive compared to the partially recessed slotted screw. For obsessives--the knurled head will rub if attached to a pole or 25mm or larger in diameter. For comparison, the top riser of a 1004BAC light stand is 20mm, and does not rub at all. On flat surfaces, the PW may sit a bit crooked, but more often then not the thumbscrew can be positioned into a void, or over the edge or whatever surface you're mounting to. Even if something does rub, everything holds in place as it should. The only concern is whether the knurled edge of the thumb screw would scratch any surface. For light stand use, it's really no problem to have a thumbscrew on the back. The ability to change batteries or swap mounts without a tool more than makes up for this.

Lastly, it would be nice if there were a strip of embedded rubber on the back, to prevent downward slippage on low-contact applications, like while its wrapped around the top riser of a light stand.

There's also a bit of play where the curves don't match those of the PW exactly, but it doesn't compromise the attachment by much--it just feels a bit loose in the hand. This is me being picky.

I didn't even realize this came with the microfiber... Maybe I'll treat my nose to a good blow. I hope you don't make your purchasing decision based on the freebies. I only got this kit because I needed two PWs and wanted to test my suspicions that the Hildozine caddy was an overpriced and less-than-perfect solution. Suspicion confirmed. I'm content keeping them, but only after dumping time and money into making them better. I'm glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price for them. I feel better thinking of them as freebies...

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, June 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars omg when you need reliability, these can't be beat...., January 14, 2014
I messed around with cyber syncs from Paul Buff for years -- they worked fine most of the time, say 80%. Eventually I got tired of not being able to use the cyber syncs and having to shoot with my camera tethered to the strobes so I splurged for these, and I love them because I can COUNT on them to work every time. Pocket Wizards are all part of creating a better client experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, June 11, 2014
Great product and will buy again for later use. Recommended this is the great products for all video business and personal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars pocket wizards, May 11, 2014
Leif Meisinger (Seal Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I received the product on time and it works great! Simple to use and works with all of the PW's.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for remote flash, April 28, 2014
I do recommend these PocketWizards, great quality and they work as needed. Nice for those on studio shoots or on the go events.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, February 12, 2014
I've been using the Alien bee remote and Transceivers for over 8 years. The quality of there remote and receivers absolutely are terrible ...miss fires and they fall apart at the drop of a dime.

The PW's are SUPER FANTASTIC !!! ....

I will be purchasing two more .....

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and the caddy fits the Plus III, November 16, 2013
The delivery was a day ahead of promised date, so thank you to the seller. The Hildozine Transceiver Caddy V3 fits the PocketWizard Plus III and is very useful for piggybacking the Plus III on a 580 EX II or similar flash units. I reviewed the Plus III in another post.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 4, 2013
Great!!
Just starting to use it and realize that this is an Awesome product!
Need more time to test it but this is what i was looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Sony A99 in manual flash mode, August 1, 2013
One, as transmitter, sits directly on A99's hot shoe. Another, connected with sync cord to an HVL58 on a Vello hot shoe adapter receives the signal and fires the flash. I gave this product a four as I needed for the transceiver to have a female PC sync outlet. I have not found a female-female sync cord coupling to use my old Metz 45cl1.