Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mod Podge Waterbase Sealer, Glue and Finish Starter Pack (2-Ounce), CS11240
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 29, 2014
My package came with one of the bottles leaking out some of the glues, but it wasn't too bad so it was still usable. Other than that, let's get into the review =)!

Note: Video is resized for Amazon uploading.

Mod Podge Starter Packer is perfect for beginners who are not sure which version of Mod Podge to get. With this Starter Pack, you won't have to spend $8 per bottle to figure out which version of Mod Podge to get. I am very interested in Mod Podge's sealing feature so that is the focus of my video. I hope my testing will help you decide which version to get or maybe get this pack so you can have fun trying them out yourself! :D

I have uploaded photos for reference as well. You can check them in Customer Images or click on my profile.

TYPES:

Gloss - Glossy finish. Smoothness will depend on your applicator (whether your brush/sponge is good or horrible like mine haha).

Sparkle - Glossy finish with glitters mixed in it. Since you can feel the glitters, it is not as smooth as the Gloss version.

Matte - Matte version with very minimal glossiness (only if you shine under the light).

Outdoor - Kind of like a mix between Gloss and Matte. Not as shiny as the Gloss, but not a full Matte. The "outdoor" ability is not being tested since I am not using it on any outdoor objects. However, I do have one DIY Soap Dispenser that will be sitting near the sink all the time once it passes the 72-hour drying period (it will be ready on 8/29/2014, I will update here after 1-2 months).

Paper - I tried it on paper LOL not sure if it is a good or bad idea. You can't really feel/tell it, so it is perfect for paper artwork!

I don't have good brushes yet, so my application might/could've been better.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For the Gloss, Sparkle, and Matte version, it is recommended to use a Clear Acrylic Sealer to eliminate tackiness, so in my video I have tested them with Clear Acrylic Sealer. Though I couldn't feel the difference (should I blame my fingers for not being sensitive enough?).

Please do keep in mind that it is my first time using Mod Podge, so there might have been other things that I could've done better. If there is any corrections/updates, I will be updating them in this post.

Thank you for reading/watching! I hope this helps =)!
review image review image review image review image
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
I really needed to get a feel for the stuff. After stumbling onto so many web pages that HARD SELL the stuff as being magic, I needed to experiment with the stuff to get back into the real world. There is more than enough to test all the different types on several types of applications and materials. It's turning out to be kinda fun. - The cleanup is much easier than I expected even with a disposable foam brush. And while Mod Podge isn't magic, the stuff IS really cool.
on June 4, 2013
I was relatively new to Mod Podge at the time of purchase, and like another reviewer said, this set is perfect for trying out different ones without wasting money/time/materials and having a big bottle of something that is just going to sit there. If you're new to Mod Podge, definitely try out this set.

Pro Tip:
The sparkle one is REALLY sparkly. What I did was thin it out a bit with matte Mod Podge. By itself, it's like semi-transparent. I love the sparkle one, but the amount of sparkle may not be necessary or wanted for some projects. So basically with the tip you could potentially get as much or as little sparkle your heart desires.
on September 27, 2012
This is a nice starter pack. It gives you the opportunity to try them and see the difference in each product. Much better than buying large jars only to find it was not the best choice for your project.
on September 30, 2010
I started learning to decoupage and buying this sampler of Mod Podge was a great help to see which products I would purchase in a bigger size.
on July 25, 2013
I have used glue and water mix instead before, but I really wanted real mod podge for some of my crafts. They work fine, a little better than glue and water. I really liked that they came in this sampler pack and the price was reasonable. This was a one time buy for me, but I would recommend it.
on September 10, 2012
I really love Mod Podge so I decided to try more varities of it and I'm glad I did. This sample pack is awesome to use when looking for that ideal formula.
on June 16, 2013
As someone who hadn't used mod podge before, I was worried that the whole production would be messy and difficult. This little starter set was perfect for my needs - I was able to sample several types of mod podge for my project without having to purchase many large bottles. Now, I'm looking for excuses to use this stuff more - it's really versatile and fun!
on March 21, 2013
I started to do decoupage and this is a great starter kit. Comes with a variety of small bottles to use for different types of projects. Works fine for what I've been doing which is using upcycled comics glued and glossed on eyeglass cases and keepsake boxes. Would recommend for those who are trying something new like me before getting the big bottles
on January 19, 2016
Trusted product. The small bottles are perfect because I don't use this often. I used this for my house advent calendar. I used the mod podge to adhere wrapping paper to the wood and then used it as a sealer on top of the wrapping paper. Dries clear, almost as if nothing was there. For this project I only used the plain/clear.

See 1 answered question