Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

on January 22, 2013
I liked everything about this when I first got it...the leather look...the hand strap on the inside for holding it while open. But then I tried to close it up...the clasp will not stay closed, I have to force it over the top of the tablet, but it just pops back off. 2 stars for it's one flaw defeating it's purpose.
review image review image
66 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
My original impression of the product was that it was really nice looking. The faux-leather is nice & the inside lining was very soft.

However, I had great difficulty fitting my Nexus 10 inside the case. I had to apply an uncomfortable amount of pressure to push the Nexus 10 into the case and it was even more difficult to remove.

In addition, once you have the tablet secured into the case in order to flip out the bottom to turn it into a stand/kickstand it is very difficult to pull the bottom half of the device out & then put it back in once you are done.

Lastly, when closing the case there is a hook you have to push over the edge of the tablet to keep the case closed & that was also difficult to secure.

Other than that, I absolutely love the design of this case & the price is really, REALLY good... unfortunately I will not be using the case b/c of the tight fit. It is too tight for comfort & usability in my opinion.
on April 21, 2013
My wife opted for a more protective "Otterbox-like" case but I went with this case, that I also have for the Nexus 7. Poetic have been a great company to do business with in the past so I had no hesitation buying their product again. I like the feel of this case and it protects very well without adding too much bulk.

Edit: After two months of very light use, it is falling apart. Poetic will not replace it despite the "3 Year Warranty" all over the title of this item. It is also out of warranty from Amazon. It was an Amazon Warehouse Deal, buyer beware.
on January 9, 2013
I had bought a similar case from Poetic for my Kindle Fire HD 8.9. When I decided to switch to the Nexus 10, I ordered what appeared to be the same product. For the most part, it is. However, as noted in other reviews, the clasp that is supposed to keep the case closed when the tablet is not in use is not quite large enough for the job. The clasp dislodges quickly. Perhaps after the case gets worn in and stretches it will work better. Also, as noted in other reviews, to use the case in the multiple viewing angles in horizontal/landscape view, which is why I bought this case (it has 3 different viewing angles), you have to remove the tablet from two of the clasps that hold the tablet to the case. That's inconvenient. The case for the Kindle had a different design for the back cover, making this extra step unnecessary. Still, I haven't yet found a better case that I want. Finally, purchasers should note that this same case is sold under brand names other than Poetic. You can tell if you look at the pictures. The prices all appeared to be the same ($14.95) so it probably doesn't matter.
on November 9, 2013
I was looking for a case that does the exact same thing as the case my wife has for her iPad (made by Targus). This was the closest thing I could find to it but was nervous based on previous reviews (not staying closed, auto shut-off unexpectedly). Received the case yesterday and I love it. It has three viewing angle options, an elastic strap to hold the case flap together when folded over completely, and a hand strap for when you want to hold it open. Snug fit with the Nexus 10 so I know it won't fall out accidentally. Great angles for viewing, and the auto shut-off feature works as expected, no problems. Very happy with this so far. As one reviewer mentioned, it does not stay tightly closed, but not enough to expose the screen so I think this is fine. As a side note, the Targus case for the iPad does the exact same thing.
on December 28, 2012
I bought and tried 4 cases for my new Nexus 10, in order of preference:
**** Slim and Compact Leather Folio case cover for the Google Nexus 10 Tablet | Smart Cover has Sleep/Wake Function | Built-in Viewing stand and converts into convenient Typing angle | Includes a FREE Stylus **Features a 1 Year Warranty!**
*** Poetic Dura Book Leather Case for Google Nexus 10 Tablet Black (Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
** Poetic TriBook Leather Case for Google Nexus 10 Tablet Black (Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Poetic HardBack Protective Case for Google Nexus 10 (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty by Poetic)

So far no one has released a Nexus case that I think is great but this one is a just bad.
Pros:
* The cut outs for the speakers are well done.

Cons:
* The case is held closed by a felt covered plastic hinge/hook. Zoom the 1st image and look at the cover on the table. That big thing on the front edge is what you ave to force over the edge of your Nexus to close this case. Then you have to bend it back to get the thing open. It is about as convenient as fully removing the Nexus from the case each time you want to use it and the putting it back. The case could have magic whang-doodles and this feature alone would make it bad.
* The hard back does not really seem to add much more than scratch protection to the back.
on January 7, 2015
Pros
Has magnet function which turns the tablet on and off when you open and close the cover.
Convenient strap on the bag helps keep a hold on it.
Soft, felt-like material helps keep the screen clean when not in use. Holds very tightly to the tablet.
Does not obstruct any ports during use.

Cons
The clip the holds it shut seems to have been improperly shaped on my case. As a result, the hook clip does not actually hold the cover shut. However, the elastic strip helps keep the lid shut.

Final thoughts
Despite the issue mentioned above, I LOVE this style of case. It suits my needs just fine and keeps the tablet safe while my kids use it for schoolwork. I would easily buy this case again.
on September 15, 2013
I have had my Nexus 10 and this case for several weeks now, and I love both of them.

I wanted to write this review because I saw several others which indicated issues with this case, which Poetic was able to provide replacements. This fact is why I decided to choose this case for my Nexus 10.

I am happy to tell you that I had no issues with my case, and it appears that Poetic has not only been re-active to reported issues, but also pro-active in redesigning their product to prevent future issues. Here are the main complains I had read about which have been resolved by Poetic:

Nexus 10 has difficulty fitting into the case: I had no issues fitting my Nexus 10 into the case. It is a tight fit, but it fits.

Nexus will 'sleep' when case cover is folded back: This was resolved by Poetic changing the placement of the magnet. I have no issue with the my Nexus sleeping when I fold my case cover back. The Nexus will sleep when the cover is closed.

Cover is difficult to keep closed: The clip to keep the front cover closed is still a little tricky to get, however Poetic has added a strap that will keep the cover closed. The strap is well placed and does not take away from the aesthetic of the case.
on January 30, 2013
I expected the quality of the Revolution style case, but this one isn't the same calibur. I will keep it for those occassions when I wish to close a cover, but the Revolution (which needed mods to fit the POGO plug) is a GREAT case. Stay away from this one and get the revolution...that ne is TERRIFIC!
on August 14, 2013
Don't get me wrong, this is your basic faux leather protective case that gives you an acceptable option to have your Nexus 10 stand up at 3-4 different angles on landscape mode. In fact, it looks great and protects your tablet (when closed) if you accidentally drop it. My biggest gripe was that the stitching near the clasp (which grips right around the tablet's camera area) was already frayed the second I opened the packaging. And this was a brand new plastic package that it came out of. I ignored it for a few hours thinking that it was one of those "breaking in" things where eventually, loose threads would disappear, but it got worse. I had to use a lighter to fix the frays off loose white and black threads to prevent the stitching from getting any looser. Only then, did I finally accept this product for what it was. For $13, I really can't complain considering most other cookie cutter cases you find here on Amazon for the Nexus 10 are asking for around $20-$25, but for Poetic to sell something where straight out of the packaging the stitching was falling apart is unacceptable. There must have been little or no quality assurance inspections for this one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse