Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2013
I was really nervous but there aren't many affordable options out there. I was looking for a cheap, similar design to the google nexus 7 case and this one fits. I read reviews and people complained about the fitting and I am nervous but I took a shot away.
The case feels a bit cheap and the surface is not perfect ( a small bump but not very obvious) but it doesn't look bad at all ( i really mean it). I couldn't not stand paying $30-$60 for a case.
How about the fitting? I tried for a few minutes and I couldn't get one corner snap in and I remembered exactly many reviewers complained about the same it issue. I examined the case carefully and didn't see any defective at that corner. I kept trying for a few times and found the trick. If it works for you then please flag my review to make it visible to the others: you need to insert the long edge of the Ipad to the middle first , where the cover fold, push it in all the way and then snap the other side. I will take photos and post them later.

4/27/2013
I uploaded a few pictures for showing what I have said in the review.
review image review image review image
on December 16, 2014
Very poor material, and even poorer customer service! Within 2 weeks of regular home use, the corners of the casing that holds the iPad broke off, rendering the case virtually unusable since the iPad would no longer stay in place.

The manufacturer's warranty being offered is useless since no one responds when you complain about the quality.

Tried in vain to get the seller to cure, but stone silence. Do not recommend.
review image review image
on December 27, 2012
Based on the reviews, I figured this case would be amazing. Well, it arrived with two major problems: First, the upper right-hand corner of the cover had the PVC scratched off, revealing cardboard underneath. Second, the picture on the item doesn't show the sides of the cardboard but it's super notable in person that the screen cover is just cardboard covered in PVC. Also, using the cover as a stand is useless; since it's flimsy cardboard it can't hold the minuscule weight of the iPad Mini. Returning.
0Comment|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
I had high hopes for the Poetic Slimline iPad Mini case, and was more disappointed than I can put into words. I'm honestly fuming right now. You really get what you pay for with this. Actually, this is probably worth more like $2 than $10.

1. First Frustration - iPad Mini does not fit. At all. It will not snap into place. I was wondering if it was just me, if I was just doing something wrong. But other reviewers said the same thing happened to them. So, basically, even if I liked other features of the case (I don't), it can't properly protect it or even keep it in the case.

2. Second Frustation - The case is pretty much cardboard. Admittedly, it looks quite nice when you first remove it from the wrapping. But then it slowly disintegrates...After attempting to fold it as a stand one or two times, a permanent fold in between the different flaps appears and doesn't budge back down. In other words, looking at my iPad mini right now, there is a huge gap in a spot where the new fold is, making the iPad already extremely unprotected.

3. Third Frustration - This is something I need for work. But now, because this case is not functional, I still cannot carry the iPad around and have to be extremely careful with it.

In the end, don't bother spending ten dollars on this. Just don't do it. Even if your iPad ends up fitting properly, the case itself is horrible quality and you will undoubtedly need to replace it within anywhere from a few days to a few weeks with something more expensive and sturdy.

I honestly have no idea what all the positive reviews are about, or why this is the case that shows up first on practically every page when you search "iPad mini case" on Amazon. Don't be tempted by the positive reviews or nice photos. This is the first time I have ever been frustrated enough to write a review on Amazon, if that means anything.
55 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
This case is a great find. After visiting an Apple store to look at the Smart Case, I decided that $49 would be a bit steep, as the Apple case front cover felt flimsy and cheap. I paid $4.95 for the Poetic, assuming it would be lower in quality than the Apple case, but something to hold me over until I found just the right one. I am surprised and happy to report that I won't need to look any further. This case does exactly what I want.

I especially like the sleep/wake function, and the fact that, just like Apple's version, it converts into a stand for typing. It seems to be good protection for not only the back of the iPad, but also for the screen. It is lightweight, and doesn't change the small, light feel of the device.

The case is made well, with all the buttons, camera lens, and plug port holes, speakers, and mic lined up perfectly. The material feels leather-like, which I like better than the plastic feel of the Apple Smart Case. The lining is a soft, felt-like material, as is the inside of the front cover.

This case is a great value. I have no complaints about this purchase. I ordered a second one.
33 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
When I got the case it stunk like dead fish. Then I tried to stand up the ipad with the case and it wouldn't hold up the weight of the ipad. I also noticed the case was cracked on the bottom corner and I haven't dropped the case once. It's like cheap plastic and cardboard. Getting my money back ASAP.
on December 12, 2012
I received this product today, and was very excited to have a new case for my new ipad mini... but then i just got angry. Within 10 minutes of using the product the cheap fake leather peeled right off the case as i was trying to open and close it to test the sleep/wake function. The quality is horrible, and i would expect it to be if i had paid 5 dollars or less, but i did not. The sleep/wake function does work great, but the materials are so crappy it makes my 300 dollar ipad mini look horrible. DO NOT be fooled by the pictures, this item appears way better than it actually is. The whole reason I bought this is because i did not want to spend 40 dollars on one from the ipad store, but now I'm thinking that doesn't sound so bad....
on November 30, 2012
I purchased the Apple cover for the iPad Mini at the time I purchased the iPad Mini. I wish I had waited. The Apple cover doesn't secure well, and in the course of two days, I had dropped the iPad Mini three times due to the cover slipping and detaching from the iPad. The Poetic Slimline Portfolio is a good tradeoff between protection, weight, and thickness. The cover has a hard plastic back that the iPad Mini snaps into. The cover is much like Apple's design, but just a little stiffer. I prefer the additional stiffness in the cover. The problem with the Apple cover is that it is too flexible, causing it to shift as you carry it.

The Poetic cover performs the same "off-when-closed" function that the Apple cover provides. The material that surrounds the Poetic Slimline Portfolio has a nice leather feel, and the case overall has a nice "grip" to it.
on February 5, 2013
It is too good to be true, but if you are looking for a simple case with little cost and you don't mind cheap material then this is a good case to go with. The most disappointing bit is that the interior of the cover sheds. So you will always be dealing with lint and dust on your screen.
on December 11, 2013
I purchased this a year ago and initially it served it's purpose very well. But within in the last couple of months the plastic rim that's supposed to hold the iPad in place has weakened and the sections of it adjacent to the cutouts for the side buttons and the charger port have snapped off, so the iPad now frequently falls out of the case. This is very disappointing. If it had seen heavy or rough use, then the problem I've described would be normal. But it's been used only by me, and rarely more than once a day, so I am now looking for a more reliable and sturdy product.