Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Poetic(TM) Slimbook Leather Case for Acer Iconia A200 / A210 10.1-Inch Tablet (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 26, 2012
I was looking for a nice simple affordable folio style case for my new A200, and I found this one from Poetic on Amazon.com. It was what I expected when I pulled it out of the package, with the pretty much industry standard design, with openings for the camera, speakers, mic, USB ports, power jack, headphone, screen lock, volume and power buttons. A nice touch is a pair of magnets in the outside corners that secure the cover with a magnetic closure feature that is not mentioned in the product details.

The A200 slides in from the center fold edge of the "soft frame", and though it's not shown in the pictures, is "secured" by a flap that tucks in between the A200 and the case. This is where my main problem with the case comes to light, and while I say it's "secured" by a flap, that flap is not physically secured. With no friction heavy material on the flap, the pressure between the case and the A200 is insufficient when using it in landscape position, so that the weight of the device has a tendency to cause the flap to slide and the A200 settles lower than it should. This causes the power button to be close to or partially under the material on the left side of this case between the power button and the headphone jack, making it hard to press. This sliding also causes the camera to not be centered in it's opening and partially obscured, and I can foresee this causing issues during a video chat session.

I would suggest that Poetic contact the designer and look into a minor re-design to this case. By moving the flap from the center of the case, to the top in portrait mode. With very little stress placed on that side of the case, it would stay better centered in the "soft frame" and this would also allow removal of that small piece between the power button and the headphone jack. In addition to that, it would grant easier access to the reset and MicroSD cover on the A200 on that is currently covered by the edge material and can only be accessed by pulling the A200 out of the case.

Because of my issue with the securing flap on the case, and therefore the 3 out of 5 stars, I have actually stopped using this case on a daily basis. The only real use I have for it now is if I am taking my A200 somewhere to share pictures or I don't want to just put it in my commuter bag that I transport it in on a daily basis.

Thanks Exact Deal for the prompt delivery and great price. Poetic, I will be watching in the hopes that you update the design, and will release this in either a canvas or real leather version.
on March 9, 2012
Fits the Acer Iconia A200 perfectly! Quality is very good, price is wonderful, everything accessible, easel works as I expected and just an overall excellent purchase!

You will not regret this purchase!
on July 2, 2012
While the materials and build quality are great, there are some fundamental design poblems. First, after a couple of weeks, the tablet will start slipping about 1/2 and inch out of the bottom of the case. The loose flap meant to hold it in is grossly insufficient. When this happens the camera gets blocks, and the headphone jack gets blocked. But worst of all, the softkeys at the bottom of the UI will be blocked. So essentialy, this case effects the usability of the tablet itself. Unforgivable. It's especially annoying if you're using the easel mode and trying to Skype. And on that note, the second issue is the easel mode. It only has one angle, and if you're over 5'6" the angle is to horizontal. It's basically useless for me as I'm 6'4". Would I recommend this case to a friend? Only if they want a carrying case. If they want a functional easel case...then no. I'm gonna try a screen protector with a rubber bumper case.
on March 8, 2012
I've been looking for a case for my acer 200 tablet and I finally found one. I was expecting something cheaper looking but it really does look nice. It's rich black and on the inside you get a nice suede type of feel. My only qualm with that though is that the inside ends up being on the surface when you make the tablet stand. Also, I was worried that the tablet would slip out because the tablet is held in place not by Velcro but my tucking in the leather behind it, but so far it looks really sturdy. The case has openings for all the ports and the speakers. I also noticed that when you make it stand the piece behind that holds it sticks out and stays sticking out (but lying it on its back puts it back in place). When closed two magnets keep it shut on the two outer corners. The sides where the cards are held are a nice added bonus too.
on December 13, 2013
Excellent protective case for my Iconia. I love this case. The front cover is designed to be very hard and acts to protect the screen from damage and it works exactly like it's supposed to, yet adds almost no weight to the tablet. Having the cover that opens like a book really adds to the feel of a book when you are reading too. I like the feeling of opening a book and this replicates that enough so that it makes reading more enjoyable. The cover has multiple points when you open it so that you can open and lay it flat against the back, or you can bend it on the fold and tuck it into a catch point on the back to act as a stand too. This is very handy when you are watching videos. I've used it in the kitchen to watch a video when trying a recipe, or to act as a stand when I was reading a recipe so that I could free up my hands. About the only thing that would make it better is a swivel that would let me rotate the screen to stand up in portrait mode as well, but that's nitpicking. I haven't actually needed that yet so it doesn't take away from this case in any way. Great case, for a fantastic price. I would buy it again if I got another Iconia. I've had mine over a year now and there is absolutely no sign of wear at all. and it fits my tablet perfectly. It doesn't try to slide out, and all the buttons are exposed and easy to get to just as it should be.
on April 21, 2012
This case fits the Acer Iconia A200 perfectly. I carry it everywhere. Small magnets keep it closed. It is slender, sturdy, folds backward as a stand or as a secure second protective layer between the tablet and whatever surface it's on. My tablet feels naked without it.
on March 8, 2012
The case shipped a little later than I expected but the delay was explained in an email from the distributor, which I appreciated. Once it shipped it was delivered promptly.

The case is sturdy, it holds and protects the Acer Iconia A200 well. The only confusion arose for me when I tried to install the A200 in the case like I did an iPad in a similar case, sliding it in bottom first; the cutouts for the side controls and ports didn't line up. I finally realized the A200 needs to be slid in top first. This means when the case is elevated in a typing position the volume and power controls, charging port, etc. are not where you expect them to be. This isn't a deal-breaker but it does require remembering where they are when the tablet is in the case. This also puts the camera at the bottom of the tablet. This could make video conferencing difficult. The tablet is too heavy to allow the case to stand upright for movie watching, bit it does rest in a typing position properly.

Since I bought this primarily for protection while on the road the above issues don't bother me much. The tablet is easy enough to remove from the case when not traveling, so I'm not forced to use it in the case. The construction is solid and the price very reasonable. I would recommend this case to anyone who travels a lot with their Iconia A200 tablet, even if it's just to school and back every day.
on August 7, 2013
This is a handsome case, and it stands up very securely when folded back to use in landscape mode. It protects the Acer A210 well, and still maintains a fairly low profile and doesn't add a great amount of bulk to the unit. So there's the good.

Now the not so good. There are three design flaws on this case. The first is somewhat minor, especially if you're like me and are usually very delicate and careful with your electronics. The magnetic closure of the flap is very weak, and just turning it upside down at all is usually enough for it to just come loose and swing freely. No shaking or special effort required. If it were just a little bit stronger it would provide better protection.

Second: The case has a closure flap that is designed to keep the A210 in place that doesn't actually have a whole lot of friction to keep it as snug as it probably should. When you use it for any extended period in landscape mode, the unit tends to "sag" down in the case and the power button becomes obscured by a strap on the side of the case and becomes difficult to get to, and more importantly the Home, Back etc. "buttons" along the bottom of the display start to get a little more difficult to touch. Closing the case in and of itself tends to push the A210 back into place somewhat, but unless you plan on closing the flap every 45 minutes or so you're just going to have this annoyance to deal with. It's not a fatal flaw, but it is a pretty decent design goof.

Third: Ironically, though the case isn't quite tight enough to keep the A210 from the "sag" mentioned above, it is tight enough to make installing and removing the unit a task that's not quite easy. Now, this wouldn't actually matter except that they've completely covered up the SD slot so that you do indeed have to remove it from the case to access it. I'm going to try and circumvent this issue by using some ultra-compact USB flash drives, but the simple fact is that those aren't nearly as fast as a Class 10 SDHC card, *especially* when writing TO the flash drive. Since I'll be reading far more than writing for the most part I'm hoping that'll be a workable compromise and most of the annoyance will be confined to the initial writing of the data and not subsequent in-tablet use. We'll see.

So there you go. Handsome, nice, sturdy, and flawed. But all in all I would recommend this case as long as you can live with the above annoyances.
on December 2, 2012
This is a great quality case. The price @ 16.98 is unbelievable compared to other cases listed. My only wish is that the manufacturers of all tablet covers/cases start to offer at least two viewing angles. I don't always like to hold the tablet and when I lay it down the viewing angle seems to be much improved if I put something under it to raise it just about an inch/inch and a half.
on November 5, 2012
Works/fits well. All holes line up where they should which is a big deal really. Small magnets hold flap shut which is nice. The Interior is super soft so it wont scratch up the tablet screen or the case. Stitching adds a nice touch improving the overall appearance. The front flap flips over and tucks into backside creating a built in stand for viewing video or skypeing. Overall a good buy.