1,680 Reviews
 (1,082)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit
First, I have to say that the shipping was so quick. I was really impressed with that.

The case fits my Galaxy 2 7.0 tab perfectly. All of the slots, camera, IR port, charging plug area -are all accessible with the tablet in the case. Really, you never have to take it out unless you want to for some reason.

If you're looking for a slim, non-bulky...
Published on May 31, 2012 by Desiree G. Della Rocca

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad....not great
Published on June 13, 2012 by joeyjoejo

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, May 31, 2012

If you're looking for a slim, non-bulky case then this is the case for you. What would make the case a 5 star item would be a second viewing angle. The one it has is a bit too straight up for me but if you push the tablet back a bit on the table or surface you are using, it is fine.

The stylus holder is snug and you shouldn't have a problem losing a stylus.

As a side note, I also purchased the screen protector for this tablet from this seller and it, too, was a perfect fit. I am very happy with both purchases and the price was extremely reasonable. Would love to see some fun colors and patterns to switch it up every now and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chose the right case, May 21, 2012
What I like:

This is a very professional looking case for the Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and one of the first cases to support all of it's hardware. This allows access to all ports, buttons, and speakers. In case anyone else is wondering, this DOES have the IR port unlike many of the other cases for the tab 2 7.0 atm.

For it's price it cannot be beat! The leather is smooth but I would go out on a whim here and say it is most likely not real leather but I would not be able to tell the difference. It appears to be good solid work but I have my doubts that it will look this great with long use. Even so, nothing to complain about and no problems.

I really like the magnets that hold the cover flap down. The tablet also seems very secure inside. I tried to purposely shake it out and could not.

Thing's that annoy me but does not apply to everyone:

Just a few quirks, starting with the micro sd card holders. I would never use this personally, but I don't see how they are supposed to work. I tried using my micro sd on it with no luck. It appears to be a regular sized SD card holder that is possibly sewn upside down. I wouldn't trust it to hold anything since both the top and the bottom are freely open so a memory card could fall out of it. On a brighter note, the business card holders are very nice and with my unused memory card holder it gives a very nice portfolio look to the case with the white thread and black leather.

I am also not a fan of the little stylus holder. I tried putting my boxwave stylus into it. It was very awkward and blocked the IR port access quite often. Nothing to complain about, but something I would have left off in the design.

I also didn't like the cases ability to do the various stand maneuvers. Using them will leave your little leather slot sticking out. The middle of the flip over cover also had a bend it in that tries to heave up after using it as a stand. It went down eventually, but I won't be using as a stand anymore.

One last thing I noticed. The back of the tab has a cutout meant for another tablet with a camera and also a flash. Does not disrupt the tablets functionality in any way but it does look a little odd.

Overall, easily worth the price and the five star rating I gave it. I would also go as far to say this is the best tab 2 7.0 case on the market at the moment. I will recommend this case in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the cost!, September 18, 2012
This review is from: Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 Tablet Black(Intergrated HandStrap)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) (Electronics)
Here, let me give you a little bit of background about me, I'm a Tech enthusiast and tinkerer who really isn't into cases and whatnot because I frequently have to get access to my devices. My luck is pretty solid with electronics anyway.

So I originally ordered this case before buying my Note 10.1 to make sure I had one available when I got it, and because it was cheap and had what I was looking for. I thought the idea of a hand strap and an integrated stand was great.

Ended up buying the Note 10.1 before the case arrived, so I have a feeling for the device bare. Thin lil sucker, but comfy in the hands.

Got the case and was BLOWN AWAY by the construction. The PU leather has a nice smooth but slightly textured feeling to it and the inside has a great, soft material to keep your precious Note 10.1 safe. The inside edges near the screen bow out just slightly, but I assume that's due to the case being new and they will probably conform better once I put this puppy through it's paces. All ports and openings are unobstructed and easy to access, save for the S-pen. (More on that later)

The hand strap is actually recessed into the soft material to keep it from pressing on your screen while the case is closed. Also the clip on the back to hold the cover as a stand seems pretty sturdy.

As an added bonus it seems this case stays closed with 2 small magnets in the corners. The don't seem to affect the screen or pen at all so i'm happy, and impressed!

I read other reviewers who said the pen is hard to get out, and they weren't lying. There's an opening on the back that seems more like it's just to get that initial nudge on the S-pen so you can just slide it out as you normally would instead of being a open space to fully extract the pen. Gonna get taking used to, but it was something I considered before purchasing it so i'm not unhappy. It probably would have taken away from the strength and aesthetics anyway.

All in all it's a great case at an amazing price

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad....not great, June 13, 2012
this case is very nice...the tablet fits well....all the buttons are exposed. and the magnetic lock makes it easy to close and carry.... however, the problem is with the stand...it only has one level, which i found not to be slanted enough. and u have to tuck the back brace under the small flap found on the back side of the main piece. (as shown in pic). this is ok, just not very smooth and easy to do. other than that, this case is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case - great price, May 22, 2012
Stephanie Hull (Lawrence, KS United States) - See all my reviews
I had a difficult time finding a case for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch. This was the third one I tried, and it's perfect. The holes align perfectly. It folds into a stand easily, and it folds back completely. It's not heavy, but has a nice feel to it, and the inside of it looks good too. The card slots and pen holder are a bonus! To make it even better, the product arrived almost a week earlier than I expected. It was packaged perfectly, no wasteful materials, but enough to keep it well-protected during transit. I've only had it a couple of days, but, so far, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Exactly As Described - Great Quality, May 18, 2012
jsquir (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I got this for a 7" Samsung Galaxy tab 2. It fits perfectly keeping the pad secure and protected. The case is well constructed and looks like it will offer great protection. The thing I was looking for was the ability to hold up the Galaxy Tab on my desktop which this does perfectly. Also, the cutouts allow plenty of room for the cable, headphones, and the camer to be used without problem. I think the cover uses magnets or something similar to keep it closed which makes it really convenient not to have to mess with a tie or a clasp. I have found nothing at all wrong with the this case, it's a great product at a very fair price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Leather Case with few flaws, June 18, 2012
The product was shipped and received on time. The product was well packaged.
Over all it is a good leather case for Samsung GT 2.

Pros:
1) GT 2 fits nicely in this case
2) Very easy on hands and not bulky at all
3) Magnets are strong enough to hold the cover when the case is closed

Cons:
1) Samsung GT 2 gets warm after some use may be due to lack of ventilation
2) The pen holder semi-blocks the IR blaster on Samsung GT2
3) The case covers the edges of the screen making it difficult to move app icons from page to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover to protect and use my tablet, June 6, 2012
I ordered this cover for my tablet. It was one of only two currently available for my tablet. I am not crazy about the white stitching but that has nothing to do with it's functionality. It protects my tablet and allows me to display it for viewing which is what I wanted/needed. It exposes all the ports and button features which is also important. The one negative comment I had read before purchasing was that the SD card holders were not closed. Actually they are. It just isn't like we are used to. They left the notched end be the closed end so you can push your SD card holder out of the space when accessing it. If it was sewn on the complete edge, removal would be difficult if not impossible. I am pleased with my purchase. It is a good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars With Slightly Better QC, it Would Have Been Great, September 8, 2012
I bought this case as part of a bundle when I bought my Samsung tab. I ended up returning it for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 Slim Fit Leather Case (Green) with Stand by Supcase (TM) - Color Options: Black, Green, Purple, Light Blue, Deep Pink, Sapphire Blue, Deep Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, White which I feel is of better build quality. That, and I liked the lime green color - all of my cases up until now have been black, so I thought I would switch it up a little!

But on to it:

The Poetic case has some nice features: a hand strap that, when not in use, settles down slightly lower than the cushy interior material. I assume this is to keep the coarser strap from scratching the tablet screen when closed, which is thoughtful. However, retrieving it required me to dig my nails in and under it pretty aggressively to use it. No big deal, but an annoyance.

The leather-like material is pretty thin and pretty cheap. I expect a certain level of thin material at this price point, but I found this to be too thin; the magnets that held the cover closed (which worked well, by the way), were very visibly pushing out from the thin material. The flap that kept the tablet secured was very thin, and had no mechanism for securing itself. It just folded in.

The tablet fit in the case VERY tightly, which was good unless I wanted to remove it. The problem, and to me the deal-breaker was that the faux leather that covered the tablet's bezels extended too far and obscured the lower parts of the screen. This made activating certain icons difficult.

All ports were accessible, but the IR blaster was perpetually obscured by the stylus loop. Technically for my usage, that was not a real problem. I don't use this tablet as a universal remote. But if somebody out there does and uses a stylus as well, it may be an annoyance.

Overall, it is a decent, professional, mature-looking case. But the fit and finish of the case was lacking, and I think you could find better if you poked around.

I sent mine back when I got the green one. It was no contest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, June 8, 2013
The case looks great, nicely put together and a lovely red.

Things that aren't great:

Most holes do line up to things on the Tab, but the microphone hole isn't recessed enough so half the time it covers the microphone. The holes for the speakers aren't deep enough, nor low enough that the bottom edge of the speakers are covered. The nice little loop for the stylus holder, well it's in the wrong corner so when you use it, the stylus makes it difficult to change volume, press the unlock button and to access the memory slot. Not much room to plug the power cable in, but it can be done while closed, just a little awkward.

The slots to hold the microSD cards are very tight and not much there to stop the card from scratching the tablet.

The stand. Well it's rubbish as being used as a stand. In the high setting, it's just to unstable that it keeps falling over and in the low setting, it just doesn't hold so drops flat.

The magnetic tabs that hold the cover down in place when closed, well in one corner it works, in the bottom corner it doesn't hold, so the case doesn't actually close very well and this was a replacement case they sent because the first had this issue and it still does. Also a bit of a flaw that there isn't any magnetic tabs on the other side so that you can't clip the case to the back of the tablet and keep it open, so it just flaps around.

I wouldn't recommend this case at all as it's really a bit rubbish of a design, which is a shame as it is very well made. Only good for protecting the tablet while it's sitting in your back, but it wouldn't offer any impact protection if you dropped it and as the cover doesn't sit tight against the tablet, anything in your bag could easily slip under it and scratch the screen like your keys.

Rate and Discover Movies