Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 23, 2012
This case uses strong magnets to hold the cover closed that interfere with the compass sensor in my device, which is used by a couple of the apps I have installed and makes them work incorrectly. This is a well made product except for this one design flaw that made me return it. Had it used Velcro, or some other acceptable fastening method instead, I would have been completely happy with it.
on November 14, 2012
I finally got a look at this case today and although it took almost 2 weeks to receive it, it appears, at least on the surface, to be worth the wait. Like others have noted, the SD card slots appear to be upside down but in actuality, at least on my case, their not even sewn on either end. So it would be possible for the card to slide completely out although I haven't tried a card in the slots yet and probably won't have a need to. There is a fairly strong smell to the case but I wouldn't call it an overly bad smell. I suspect it will dissipate over time. What I do dislike about the case is my own fault, when reading the description I completely missed the words "leather like". Not being real leather, I can tell you without a doubt that this case won't hold up over time. It will probably start to break down where the cover bends. Actually, the material that Poetic calls this is Vegan Leather. I apologize in advance to those out there that are opposed to the killing of animals, but to me this is a cop out by Poetic. If it's leather it's leather and putting vegan in the front of it is a whitewash for the word vinyl. They're out there supposedly saving the animals but hurting the environment since using old and recycled leather could be better in the long run than making a new vegan-friendly bag.
But I digress...For the money, it's not a bad case, it fits my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 perfectly with all the cutouts in all the right places. If you went down to Barnes and Noble and bought one of their vinyl cases you'll pay something around $40, so in that sense $16 for this case is a steal. I still wish it was "real" leather.
Do be aware that if you're on the East Coast, there could be quite a wait thanks I guess to the good ole postal service. Mine took a total of 10 days from buy to receive but I don't blame this on the seller.

Later.......................

I have been using this case for sometime now and does the job it's designed to do. My tablet has taken a couple of falls and it was adequately protected by the case.
I am disappointed that the seller still lists this case as "leather" in their title. Again, it is NOT leather and shouldn't be sold as such. If one bothers to read the description closely, it does say leather like material, but it is a deceptive to the buyer to label it as leather in the title.
on October 6, 2012
Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Black(Included 2 Micro SD Card Slots) (Business Card Holder is Plus) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)OK they said it pretty good and I do like the cover it is holding up well.
I dropped my tablet yesterday and it protected it from damage and it looks nice too.Only four stars because the stand function is a little iffy.
on June 24, 2012
This case is pretty good. It's slim, folds flat, or stands up. Seems to have openings in all the right spots for the camera/charger/etc. My main complaint is that it fits so tightly around the screen that it makes it hard to hit the buttons at the edge of the screen - like the back button or home button or anything else along the sides. Also the leather seems to be wearing away at the magnetic closures. I've only had it a week and haven't used it that much, so I would expect it to be a little more durable. Otherwise it's a good case.
on January 20, 2013
The pros: It is made specifically for the Galaxy tab 2, so the holes are all in the right places. It does hold the tablet up at approximately 60 degree angle. It has an elastic strap on the inside of the cover that you can place over your hand to securely carry your tablet while the case is open. With the cover closed (magnetic closure, just be sure to press the seam down so the magnets connect) it will protect your screen.
The neutral: There are several card slots, and while it would be a tight fit to use them for credit cards, they work great for business cards. I don't think the case is real leather, but its aesthetically pleasing. There is a loop to hold a stylus if you use one, though I have not tried it so I don't know how secure it is.
The cons: This is called a "slimbook" but it doubles the thickness of the tablet, and adds a bit of height and width as well. There is no plastic screen protector, so your screen is vulnerable when it is open. It is awkward to press the volume buttons and power button at the same time (since they are recessed so far beneath the "leather") which is now required to take a screenshot. If you are buying this case for the memory card storage, as a previous review stated the slots are sewn in upside down and have openings at the top and bottom more than big enough for a micro sd card to slide though. Because of the mechanism (flap) to hold the cover in place to use as a stand, it is not secure if you try to set it upside down for a 30 degree viewing angle.

Would I buy this case again? Probably not. But, I have it, and it serves my purposes well enough. I don't keep my tab in the case full time, only when I need extra protection or the stand.
on December 10, 2012
Overtime it has gotten loose and the tablet moves inside the case. It's not easy to operate the device and sometimes you are forced to take it off the case to play a game or do some serious typing. I wouldn't recommended!
on December 13, 2012
It does the job of protecting the tablet, but it adds a lot of bulk to it and it does not stand up easily. You have to open the flap on the back to make it stand up.
The magnets to hold the case shut are not very strong.
It's hart to tap the edge of the screen sometimes because it's not sitting right in the window (just a little off)
Honestly, this is decent for the price and does the job. I don't understand why the really good ones go for $50 instead of $25.
on March 1, 2015
All the ports/cutouts line up and does fit the device. Problems arise once you start using the case.

When you fold the cover back and insert into the pocket/clamp on the back to set the tablet at an angle to use, the pocket/clamp is too shallow and stiff- the cover pops out by itself and the tablet collapses flat. Also, when the tablet is at an angle, the flap that folds around and under the tablet to secure it in the case starts slipping, and the tablet starts slipping down with the case obstructing part of the screen. The pockets on the inside of the cover are too small and tight to put anything in. The microSD card pocket is oddly sized and far too tight to get anything in or out of it. It looks like there is an elastic strap on the inside of the cover to put your hand through to hold the tablet up with one hand when in use- but it is stitched down, and serves no purpose at all. The tablet slides around inside of the case once you have used it for a while (seems to stretch out quite a bit) and the case then starts blocking parts of the screen. This case also makes it difficult to swipe anything from the side of the screen because of the lip on the case.

And the worst part: THERE IS NO CLOSING MECHANISM! No magnet to hold the cover closed, no elastic strap to hold the cover down, no clasp to secure, nothing. The cover just flaps around, so you have to hold it closed as you transport it.

Recently bough a MoKo Slim-Fit Cover Case Folio. Infinitely better built and designed and has a clasp to secure the cover closed.
on October 13, 2012
I recieved this on time and in good condition. It is well constructed and has many extra features. But alas it is not well suited to the product it was intended for. It is clumsy and blocks the edges of the screen making it hard to access certain apps. For the price it is o.k. but it has its problems.
on June 5, 2012
I bought this leather case at the same time I bought a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet. It fits perfectly, and it was easy to install the tablet into the case. I've only had it for a few days, so I cannot judge durability, but so far so good.