Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on September 15, 2012
I had previously bought this case: MoKo(TM) Slim Cover Case for Asus eee Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 / TF700T, Black(Not Compatible With Keyboard Dock) and was disappointed. On the Moko, despite all the cut-outs for the TF700 being in the correct position, the flap for inserting/ removing the tablet was placed in a daft place. Instead of being at the bottom of the tablet, (in landscape mode), it was at the top and thus bulged around the rear camera location a little. Despite not physically obstructing the lens or flash, when the flash was used the light reflected from the nearby part of the case and gave a white-mist effect on any photos. Eventually, I lost my patience with the Moko and bought this Poetic case as a replacement.

This Poetic case is very nice. My TF-700 fits snugly and securely within. Because the securing flap is in the correct place, the cut-out for the camera and flash on the rear is flush against the rear panel and so I can use both without the problem and reflection I had with the other case.

The case also seems much more rigid and better made than the Moko case I have. The finish of the leather is also much nicer than the Moko.

I wish I'd bought this Poetic case much sooner and returned the Moko for refund within the Amazon 30 day return period. I'm very happy with this item.
on August 2, 2012
Received cover within 2 days of order (granted, I live in Phx and it was shipped from N. Las Vegas). Price was certainly great, so great value. Case seems well designed. It's light weight, so it doesn't add much to the tablet. Fits my new TF700T perfectly. Camera lenses are a perfect fit, as are the speaker, front facing lense and power connection. When the case is closed, the power connection is still left exposed so that it is easy to plug in and re-charge. Tablet slides in and out easily, but there is a protective flap to keep in nicely in place. Leather is of suitable quality, with a cloth-swede lining which seems to be just right. Top flap folds in half and slides into little slot which acts like a little stand. Not sure I'll use that functionality, but it's there for those who want it. My only complaint...and it is very very minor...is that when reading in portrait mode, you have to hold the back cover such that it doesn't flop open. All-in-all, it's a really nicely laid-out product at a very reasonable price.
on September 12, 2012
The quality of the leather slimbook leather case is not as good as I was expected. It's cheap but the price reflects the quallity.
The problem with this case is that the tablet is moving inside and by this affecting the field of view of the front camera.
If you talk on Skype it is a problem. Now I decided to buy another case for my tablet.
on August 18, 2012
I took a chance on this case due to low price and good (but sparse) reviews. The case is well crafted for the tablet; allowing easy access to recharge; micro sd; power; vol rocker; headphone jack; and even providing a cut out around the speaker (which helps a bit since it creates a gap between the bottom and speaker hole increasing effectiveness of the 'weak' speakers.

My primary motivation for purchasing this case was to enable 'movie' watching on long flights (I wanted something that would allow the tablet to 'stand up' which would ease my posture on those 5 hours flights while watching movies :)

I do wish there was a bit more flexibility in angles but none the less it does the job here.

I have one concern and that is there is a bit of 'new' smell but hopefully it will air out.

I'm unsure of the overall build; I think the material is leather and not synthetic plastic but not 100% sure here; the biggest negative is the cardboard that forms the inner base for the triangle will bend very easy (using something a bit stronger or more durable here would have been beneficial but remember this is a $10 case so for the price it appears quite well made.

One negative is that there is no place to put my microsd in the case itself. I have a couple of micro sd that I keep in microsd/sd adapters and then place in the plastic case they came in; these cases are too large for the small slots in the case (never seen a microsd in a microsd plastic case; but I suspect that is the intended size); they do fit in the 'business' card slots but a bit too deep so they are near impossible to get out; anyways not a big deal but details are details.

I'll be taking my first trip with it tomorrow; and reserve the right to upgrade/downgrade the rating depending on how it performs in the field as well as over time but my first impressions are very positive. I do wish I could compare it to some of the more expensive cases to understand the difference in benefits/price :)
on August 17, 2012
I received this case maybe a half hour ago, so this is all first impression stuff. Take it for what it's worth.

For the price this is a great case. It is actually designed for the tf700t, with all holes for the ports/speaker/cameras fitting perfectly. You can charge it with the case closed, sound is fine since there is a cutout for the speaker.

The magnets that it uses for the case closure are somewhat strong enough to keep the cover closed, but are located in a way that if you use the storage pouch in the case for pretty much anything it's not going to close. Considering the apparent quality of the case vs the price, if the storage area had simple been left out, I may have given this 5 stars.

Obviously you are not going to be able to use this case with the keyboard, but the tablet is easy enough to take in and out that the biggest hassles will be carrying the keyboard separately and finding a place to sit your case while the tablet is out. That is not really an issue for me as I bought this case simply to use when I didn't need the keyboard, since I keep my tablet mostly protected by keeping it docked to the keyboard and closed when I use it that way.
on December 6, 2012
The case is good quality for the price, the cutouts are in the right places. I don't like that it makes the tablet so thick, I have seen thinner cases and being such a thin tablet with this added thickness is a shame. Some of the cutout have sharp edges.

The outside of the case is just bigger than the tablet so it makes pushing the power and volume rocker difficult. The edges around the screen are lifted up and not flat on the screen.
on August 21, 2012
For an inexpensive case, this one works fairly well. All the openings are in the right place. The one complaint I have is that the tablet is not held in place very well, so it slides down about a quarter inch or so in landscape mode. This can be a bother, but holding the tablet and case upside-down works fine as long as the app supports auto-rotation.
This case provides basic protection for a low price. It is not the greatest case ever, but it was worth the $10 I paid for it.
on July 29, 2012
Just a few words.... it fits! Has a magnetic closing front as well. Its a nice slim case that fits perfectly. I'm not a fan of the first one I had which was the moko, originally listed as being for both tf201 and tf700. Unfortunately the Poetic hardback reminds me of it from the photo. That bent tab that makes that case close just seems like it will eventually scratch the hell out of the camera area. This one is just overall great.
77 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
This is a good solid case. It's a bit bulky and clumsy, but it does the job that it's supposed to do. I wish it fit a little tighter around my tablet so it didn't slide around as much inside the case, but it's not so loose as to be a hazard. It took me a while to figure out that the tab on the back of the case was for when you want to prop up your tablet in the picture. The strap for the hand hold is useless. Too loose to hold your tablet securely and too hard to get your fingers under it.
on November 29, 2012
This is a decent inexpensive case for the Asus Transformer tablet. There are two things I don't like about it:

1.) There is only one angle for using it as a stand (you wrap the top cover around the back of the tablet and tuck it into a flap - only one setting).

2.) There's absolutely no clasp to hold the cover shut when it's closed

That said, it does a decent job, and all of the ports, cameras, etc. are unobstructed.