Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Google Nexus 7 2013 Case - Poetic Google Nexus 7 2013 Case [Slimline Series] - [Lightweight] [Ultra-slim] PU Leather Slim-Fit Trifold Cover Stand Folio Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 2, 2013
First of all, I love everything about the case except one problem I can't live with. When I open the case, the device turns on as it should, but when I wrap the cover around the back, the magnets turn the device off. I don't know if it is the location of the magnets, but whatever interface turns off the device when you close it also turns it off when the magnets contact that back of the device. I don't know if this is one of the "early generation" problems, but it made me go back to my Moko. It's a shame too, because were it not for that, I think the Poetic is a superior product.

UPDATE: Wow, I came home today and was pleasantly shocked to find a replacement Poetic Slimline case in my mailbox. It's the latest version and totally fixes the problem mentioned above. Frankly, it was the only problem I had with the case, so I definitely had to bump up my review to a well-earned 5 stars. Great product and awesome service!
22 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I love this case. I was skeptical at first because I wasn't sure how "compatiable" or "snug" the case would be on my Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) as many other cases have been in the past. This case is so sleek and the cut outs for the power button, volume rocker, charging port, camera, headphone port & speakers are placed perfectly. When closing the case, it flips on top the magnetic strips that are on the very edge of the case. Case has a nice feel & texture. It does not feel or look cheap and does not have a weird smell. There are no bulges when the front cover is closed either. I don't use the stand much but when I do, the tablet is pretty stable and does not tumble over on its own unless done manually. Very slim case, not bulky which is a big thing for me since I like to carry my tablet in my purse, I can even fit it in to my coat pocket to! I was stuck between buying the Poetic Slimline cover or the Nexus 7 (2013) Custom Molded Case by Google for $49.99. Thanks for 100's of helpful reviews on here... I am glad I made the decision to go with the Poetic Slimline case and it's 3 times cheaper too!
review image
on August 28, 2013
I'm generally happy with the fit and profile of this case with my 2013 Nexus 7, but I also wanted to mention something others aren't mentioning in the reviews - this case works with inductive/wireless charging. I gambled on this one because the price was so low, but the fact that it also is thin enough to work with wireless charging is a killer feature.
on November 11, 2013
Great case for the 2013 Nexus 7. Having come from the earlier 2012 Nexus 7, one of the most impressive things (in addition to significantly improved screen and long better life) is how much slimmer and lighter it feels than the old Nexus 7

This case solves the dilemma of wanting to retain that light, slim profile and have the device protected. And the rolled up "stand" mode is handy, too.
on September 17, 2013
I purchased this for my new nexus 7 2nd gen and at first it seemed to take a while to ship but when it arrived it was amazing. the magnetic clips worked wonders and the auto on/off works great as well. it snaps right on and it is pretty protective(seeing as i dropped it a couple times and the case was fine along with my device). There are slots that align perfectly with the power and audio control as well as the micro phone. Overall this case is pretty good. the leather that attaches to the plastic is a bit strange to describe but its kinda strange but its not at all a problem (just something i noticed). NOW COMES THE REAL REASON I PURPOSEFULLY LOGGED ON TO WRITE THIS EXACT REVIEW!!!! a few weeks later out of the blue the poetic company mailed another case, seemingly for free! it had a note in side which told of an update to the case and how they thanked me for providing business to them and how it helps their business grow. This company is legit and is amazing. Although i do not have a need for this second case(becasue the first one is so amazing), it is great to know that this company cares for it's customers and I would highly recommend purchasing this product :) ps. they sent their business card which was kinda cool so this is definitely a must buy to protect your new Nexus 7 (2nd gen)
on August 28, 2013
UPDATED 01/14/14: The company a few months back sent me two replacement cases without my solicitation due to the cover not laying flat. WOW! The units continue to hold up well, no peeling and the hinge area shows no evidence of fraying or tearing. Interior suede like material holding up well and feels as soft and durable as material found on apple's super expensive smart cas/covers.

Update on 09012013: I believe a number of other customers cases are defective in regard to the sleep/wake function. I have two cases and both work without issues...in fact I am typing this while flap is bent backwards and not causing my unit to sleep. The only issue is flap does not lay perfectly flat due to magnet placement... I believe.
I am OCD for cleanliness and have wiped exterior daily and so far still like the day I got it five days ago, no peeling or separation. Hinge area seems to be holding up well. $6...can I really complain.

The case is for the NEW 2013 Nexus 7 which finally arrived today 08282013.

I ordered 2 of the black cases for $5.95 and free s/h. The cases fit perfectly, seem fairly durable on the exterior and the interior seems to provide a soft lining.

It will not protect unit from a fall from 2 or more feet but for everyday use seems very acceptable. The exterior material of the case is easily wipe-able and has a nice grippe feel making it easy to hold the case with a feeling of security that it will not slip out of your hand.

The opening and closing and bending of the cover seems to be the weak point but with a small amount of care should last for a long time.

The speakers sound the same with and without the case. The cutouts for the buttons and charging port are very easily accessible.

I think for the price I am flabbergasted and just delighted with my purchase. I have include a few pictures of the case with the Nexus 7 inside.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 7, 2013
This case does not stand like the pictures posted. The sleep function works and that's just about it. I bought this thinking it would fold into a stand, but every time it doesn't. I initially thought it was too new and I had to break it in before it could fold. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and it folds but it doesn't hold up. It tips over easily...
on February 14, 2014
A bit of history, my previous tablet device was a B&N Nook Color with an Oberon Design case. The Oberon case is fantastic and has lasted for 3+ years and has protected that device all that time and still does.

After I got my Nexus 7, I looked around, and this case was highly recommended. I was thinking if everyone liked them the Poetic cases must be good. When I got it, I noticed how flimsy it was compared to the case I have on my Nook. The Oberon case is real leather, thick and fits around a device like a hardback book cover, with edges that extend well beyond the device. The Poetic case is like a plastic tray affixed to very thin synthetic leather. The device "snaps" into the plastic retainers. It fits like a glove, but doesn't feel like it would offer much protection in the event of a drop. In contrast, the Oberon cover, has 3 leather straps and the 4th is elastic. Both the Oberon and Poetic hold their devices adequately, and the backside (inside) of the front covers are protected with felt like covering to protect the device screens. I hate the tri fold cover design but finding a case without one is pretty hard. When I open the cover it would be nice to have a stiff cover to fold behind the device and hold it but with this cover it again feels like having a paperback cover on a device costing hundreds of dollars. When not using your device the Oberon Design case is held shut with an elastic strap over a decorative pewter button, the Poetic case is held shut with magnets.

Despite all that I put it on and gave it a try. I ordered it on 1/23/14 and today 2/14/14 I opened the cover and both magnets stayed stuck to the cover and pulled out of their position in the plastic back. (pictures [...] ) So not only do I have a case that now wont stay shut, I have a choking/swallow hazard. Add to that, the fact these tiny sharp metal very strong magnets are now loose. Remember all the magnet toys that were forced off the market because children could swallow them and perforate their stomach/intestine/bowel? I cant say that these magnets would cause the same issue but they are two metallic magnets that a child could easily swallow.

So, the in summary, I highly recommend you stay away from this product.
review image review image
on September 10, 2013
I have had this case for less than a month and it is already falling a part. I have not tossed this case or dropped it but the magnets that keep the cover closed have come out. I had to superglue them in. the edges are starting to fray. My money could have been spent better.
on September 4, 2015
There is much to like about this case for the Nexus 7 (2013): the molded plastic tray that the tablet snaps into, with cutouts for the switches, speakers, and camera; the soft leatherette on the back that is easy to grip; the magnetically closing tri-fold cover that doubles as a stand. It is that last point that is the weakest part for me, as the cover does not hold the triangular shape very well and gets tippy. It unrolls if you move the tablet. Also, it is uselessly unfolds in the inverted position which you might want to elevate the back edge for typing.

Fortunately, there is a DIY fix. I glued two strips of super-thin One-Wrap Velco cable ties on the inside of the cover (before the seam of the first fold) and on the back of the case, where it makes contact with the cover/stand. The smooth side (which doesn't attract lint) went on the back and the scratchy side went inside the cover. I cut the ends off of the Velcro ties, leaving 5-1/2" of 1/2" wide strip. I used double-sided tape to hold down the strips on cardboard while I sprayed them with 3M 77 spray adhesive. I used tweezers to handle the wet strips and positioned them next to masking tape alignment guides on the case, which I removed after the glue set. I cleaned off some smears of adhesive with Goof-Off and a Q-tip (and it did not damage the plastic). I kept smoothing down the strips as the glue set, moving outward from the middle of the strip so it wouldn't lift up.

Finally, after about 1/2 hour I tried the cover in the stand position. Now the cover doesn't unroll when you pick up or reposition the tablet, and, turned upside down, it makes a great support at the right angle for typing. And the thin Velcro doesn't interfere with the cover closing. Not sure how long this fix will last, but it certainly makes the stand function more useful.
review image review image