5.0 out of 5 stars I love this case
Published 10 months ago by S. Paine

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of magnets on the Note 8.0
Published 11 months ago by J. Bonifacio

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of magnets on the Note 8.0, May 20, 2013
Like the relatives of the Note series, the Note 2 and Note 10.1, suffer from damage from magnetic fields afflicting. The magnets influence the digitizers ability to work properly. Because this uses a magnet for its wake/sleep feature and at the clasp, I noticed a dead zone on the mid left area which began to be unresponsive after being left to "sleep" after 2-3 hours. The right area where the clasp magnet is also suffers from the same thing. The case is excellent in of itself and well built but the magnets are just not worth risking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Update: Magnet warnings appear to have merit, May 17, 2013
After taking this with me on the road for a full week, it is with some disappointment and regret that I update this review and knock the rating down. It appears to me that the warnings sounded in J. Bonafacio's review regarding the location of the magnets in this case interfering with the performance of the Note 8.0 have merit.

In the week that I used this case my Note 8.0 suffered from screen lockup on two occasions that required a complete restart. I also experienced one rapid power drain (from full power to dead in five hours with no use) while the tablet was in my bag. I suspect it caused by the cover's loose fit turning the sleep on and off while in the bag. In the six weeks that I've owned the Samsung Book Cover case I have never experienced a lockup or drain like I experienced during the week when this case was attached. It's circumstantial evidence, but it appears to corroborate J. Bonafacio's concerns.

*** Original review below ***

I'm comparing this case to the Samsung slim book cover case that sells for $40-$50. I've had that since I bought the Note 8.0 about six weeks ago. I ordered this one at around that tine as well for the no-brainer price of $5, knowing that it would not be available for over a month.

But it's available now, and at its current price of about $10, it is a very good case. Is it as good as the Samsung case? No. This cover slides and is just a little bit looser than the Samsung case. The cut of the front cover is also just a bit more precise on the Samsung cover. This one hangs over the edge just ever-so-slightly. The Samsung is also just a little bit thinner while providing basically equivalent protection. When trying to fit this tablet into a back jeans pocket, millimeters count.

Having said that, this case SO close to the Samsung case that, given the price difference, if I were buying only one, I'd buy this one and pocket the extra Benjamins. Plus, the viewing stand options may prove to be a little more stable with this case compared to the Samsung case.

Overall, very good case, and a deal at $10 if it holds up over time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed The Digitizer, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Poetic Slimline Case for SamSung Galaxy Note 8.0 White (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) (Personal Computers)
I recieved the case promptly and was very impressed at first. The case fit and looked great. But i soon noticed that several spots on the screen near the magnet became unresponsive and even the tablet restarted many times. After only about a week the screen kept turning off and now the right half of the screen refuses to register any touches with the s-pen or my finger. Terrible product do not buy if you want to keep your brand new tablet 0 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but doesn't hold up... BEWARE the 2 year warranty is not valid., August 29, 2013
I got this item for my new Samsung Note 8.0. Had it for 32 days and the lid became so flimsy it stopped holding up my tablet. I tried to return it and I was told I was two days past the return deadline and I was not offered any warranty service to fix the now unusable cover. BEWARE, don't buy if you plan to use this to view at any angle as the lid will stop holding up the device in a very short period of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this case, June 7, 2013
S. Paine (Portland. ME) - See all my reviews
I received this case and so far I love it. It does a nice job protecting my tablet and the lid folds to allow me to prop it up to watch videos. I have not had any issues with the magnets in the case as some of the other reviews mention however, I will keep an eye out. As of now my s pen is working perfectly, I have not seen any battery drain and this case is a great value for the money. I have had poetic cases on 2 other tablets and I think the quality and price are exceptional.

1.0 out of 5 stars The black case is not authentic, January 21, 2014
Let me state, this is a review for the black case only! The black ones were on backorder a while back, and when they finally arrived, they were, in my opinion, knockoffs. The logo is in the wrong spot. The magnets push out through the cover material. The tablet does not snap into the holder. It just feels wrong. Again, this is for the black case only.

Now, the white one I bought two weeks earlier is flawless. I'd recommend it with 4 stars like everyone else. But steer clear of the black.

That said, the seller was super chill about refunding me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 30, 2014
Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Looks professional and protects the screen. Know need for bulky cases when a slim light weight one will do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecelente Brand, Poetic., March 22, 2014
I Loved the design
Fits perfectly on the Galaxy Note 8"
And I have 0 Cons
That's why I did chose a Trusted Brand as this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing service!!, March 13, 2014
I apologize for my mistake, it was completely my fault. As soon as I get my account fixed I will buy more from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is nice, but not trendy or stylish..., March 7, 2014
Overall this is a solid case that interacts with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 by magnetically turning it to sleep mode when I close the case. If you want something to accessorize with your man purse, wallet, or shoes there are nicer looking cases. This case fits my Note 8.0 perfectly with the cuts for S-Pen and Camera. The one thing that kills me about the design of the Note 8.0 (not this case necessarily) is the tumor of a camera poking out the back. That is a sensitive piece of equipment and I am always worried when I lay it down I might damage it or I am smudging it inadvertently. The case could have provided a slightly larger more blatant cushion in that area to account for Samsung's odd design.

ARRAY(0x958d330c)