Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on May 25, 2013
If you are looking for a smart cover for Thinkpad Tablet 2, don't look further. This is it. Poetic just made this already excellent case into a perfect one by sending me the replacement that addressed a small flaw, and I didn't even ask for it. This is the type of customer services that earns business. I will consider Poetic for all my future tablet case needs.

Here are some great things about this case :
* Very slim and light. One of the selling points of Thinkpad Tablet 2 (which I highly recommend over MS Surface by the way) is its slim profile, and this case preserves that virtue.
* It's slim & light yet sturdy. The outside case seems very sturdy, and sure to protect your tablet from wears, tears, and scratches.
* Perfect cut-outs for all ports & buttons.
* Tablet slips in and out of the case easily. I have a charger dock, so I have to take tablet out when I charge it. But taking out or putting back in is literally a snap. The case holds Tablet only along the edges and corners, and thus you can easily attach and detach the case with some practice.
* Turns Tablet on/off as you open/close the cover. I have no idea how it does it, but it works every time, and I love it.
* Stable positioning in two angles about 75 and 20 degree.
* Elegant look and feel. Leathery feel outside the case and nice soft micro-fiber inside for the screen, and it feels good when you hold it with the cover flipped all the way back.
* The cover closes perfectly now with magnetic action. This is the small flaw that Poetic just addressed it. Now I don't have to worry about Tablet accidently turns on when I carry it in my bag.

As you can see, I am very pleased with this case. I did have several cases for other tablets in the past, and I have to say this is one of the best ones.
on May 9, 2013
Highly recommended after having replaced an earlier batch that was defective.

Initial review:
This case is the lightest weight in its class (I have the thank case) and offers the on-off function when opening-closing the cover, as well as two orientations for the tablet, and fits quite well.

However, I confirm the experience of the reviewer where the cover does not close properly. Its loose. I am not sure why since it does close fine with the tablet out of the case. This will cause the tablet to turn on and off erratically with the cover opening and closing with movement unless you're holding that border in your hand. Very disappointing as I really wanted this to work. I am ordering another one as a wild gamble, just may be it will work this time (can't just return it coz it will cost even more, since I am in Egypt). If they get the latter issue right, it is an excellent case otherwise.

Update 1:
I have increased my rating for this care from 2 to 4, since the seller has contacted me acknowledging the problem and promising a free replacement as soon as the modified batch arrives to his stock. I shall update this review further when the replacement arrives. This is their message:

Dear Customer,We are aware of the issue of not being able to close it properly on the case due to the magnetic on the side is not line up in the right place. You can keep this case for temporary case. Once the update revision coming, we will be automatically send you the update case which will fix the issue without need you to contact us. We are working on the revision to fix it and will send that over to your door as soon as it arrive from our factory.Poetic is trying to be the first one to bring in innovative products to the public meanwhile maintaining the high quality as usual that we committed.Best Regards,Jake from Poetic

Update 2:
case replaced, works perfectly. In the meantime, I bought the original Lenovo case which though similar but is heavier (due to higher quality material). I prefer poetic case since it adds virtually no weight.
on July 28, 2014
The cover is slim and comfortable. Doesn't add weight or bulk to the device. Doesn't seem stable in up-right mode and did not like the exposed magnets lined along the top. I had to return it because if the cover is folded back and the tablet is laid on a (mostly) metal table, the tablet goes to sleep as if the cover had been closed. Tested on wood tables and worked fine, only on metal tables was the problem present. 90% of my environment is metal tables so I had to return it.
on October 15, 2013
I have used this brand of case on a previous tablet and I love the way Poetic designs their cases. Because the case latches firmly onto the side of the case, there is no need for extra material on top, so the case adds minimal bulk to the tablet. The cover is thin and strong. When closed, it stays in place via magnets in the cover.

The only flaw in the case is that the stand mode is flimsy. It was the say way with the Poetic case I had for my previous Asus tablet. It works, but only if you don't touch the tablet. Start tapping the screen and the stand will surely collapse.
on June 10, 2013
I bought this ThinkPad Tablet cover for two reasons - A) to protect the tablet itself, and B) to use as a stand to hold the tablet upright in landscape mode. It excels at one of them and is a failure at the second.

As a protective cover, this is pretty nice. Not as well-finished as some tablet covers, it is still good (especially when you factor in the low price). It looks a bit cheap. It does seem to do a good job as a cover - being pretty stiff and protective. I'll give it an A there.

As a stand it fails pretty miserably. This relies on a triangular folding of the front cover to hold the tablet up in landscape mode. You have two options - an upright mode (seen in the pics on Amazon) and a mostly flat mode laying the tablet down on a counter-top. The tablet is very unstable in the upright mode (which is the most useful - for reading on the bed, etc). The base becomes too small to really support the tablet well. Also, in either mode, the triangle has a tendency to slip.

Basically, this is a decent tablet cover, but a pretty hopeless stand.
on August 15, 2014
The cover looks good but material is certainly cheap, one major flaw, the smart cover magnets is turning off the device when folded back as well. i saw many negative reviews about this but still went ahead assuming it is a piece wise defect. does not look like it...
on December 17, 2013
I've been using this case for a few weeks now and I think it's a great bit of protection for the tablet at a very reasonable price.
All ports are clear to use while this case is on, and the folding cover gives a good angle for table top viewing.
The magnetic closure is a nice touch and holds itself closed in most cases. If held and lightly shaken while upside down, the magnets will not hold, but they do hold during normal carrying and storage use.
I am happy with the case and would recommend it to Thinkpad Tablet 2 users, without reservation.
on October 21, 2013
I must have received the updated version since I have experienced none of the issues mentioned in the previous reviews. The case is very light and fits perfectly. The only thing I can find that bothers me a little is the exposed magnets at the top of the screen. This is such a small item that it did not impact my rating of the product, but it does impact the esthetics of an otherwise perfect product.
on September 21, 2013
the magnet latch really doesn't work. they are either not strong enough or not large enough to really work. Also, it just didn't seem to fit all that great. The fold back stand also needs work. Needs magnets or something to help hold it in place, otherwise just using the tablet normally i would find the stand moving/slipping and tablet would end up flat again. I used it for a few weeks but then bought another from a different vendor that I like better.
on September 15, 2014
I have had the case for just over a month and I am happy with my purchase. The case props the tablet up very well in both of the available positions.

If I could make one suggestion to the manufacturer, it would be that magnets that keep the cover attached be stronger. They function to put the tablet to sleep and keep the screen cover in place. All to often is slips when carrying the tablet.