5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good quality !
Published on November 20, 2011 by WSJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Functional, Great Price
Functional, fits well, great price, simple and sleek look. Happy with my purchase. Not fancy in the least, but I would recommend it heartily to anyone looking for a bargain.
Published on December 18, 2011 by warehouse11

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 in 1, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Poetic StandBook Stand Case for Amazon Kindle Fire 7 - Inch Tablet Carbon Fiber (Electronics)
Unlike a lot of products, this does what it claims.

First, it provides a booklike cover for the Kindle Fire that adds some cushioning on the front and back. It has a strap that holds the cover closed when you put it in your backpack or purse. Open the "book" and start reading or working.

And then, if you are working on a table or desk, you can turn the cover into an easel with two angles available. The case is stable if you need to "type" on the KFire (or play Angry Birds). Also, the easel had a "lip" at the front, so it is easy to hold in place if you need to. The easel is really nice if you are watching a movie.

The case is not very thick, so it pretty much just doubles the thickness of the Fire. It does provide cushioning against bumps and small drops. It is not a thick foam pad, however, like the Nerf Armor for the Nintendo DS, so we are talking small bumps and drops. Of course, it doesn't triple the thickness of the KFire, either.

The KFire goes into and out of the case easily, since it has two pairs of grips to hold it into place in the easel position and an additional pair to hold it securely in the bookcover mode. When it is in the case, either as bookcover or easel, it is held tightly in place.

I like this a lot and if it provided more protection, I would give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good quality !, November 20, 2011
WSJ (So. Cal. USA) - See all my reviews
I have this and it's excellent for the money. It's well made and holds the KFire very securely. No fancy extras but the workmanship and quality are surprisingly good. It's just about as well crafted as my regular Kindle cover at 1/4 the price. The original intent was to just get something temporary until being more familiar w/ the KF but now feel there's really no reason to upgrade to a more expensive cover.

I purchased the Carbon Fiber color so that at a glance, it won't be mistaken for my Kindle e-reader which is in a black cover. Looks very nice w/ the subtle diagonal striping.

Hope this helps...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple case, November 25, 2011
This is a nice basic case that is well made and is a awesome value.

Materials:
The outside of the case is a soft plastic that has a carbon fiber like texture embossed into the surface. The inside of the case is a soft plastic that feels almost like felt which shouldn't scratch your kindle fire screen. Also there is an elastic band that is sewn into the case. The band has dual purpose. One, it keeps the case closed. Two, when the case is opened you can fold over the one side of the case and use the band to keep it folded over.

Setting up your kindle fire:
The case has 6 fingers that hold the kindle fire securely into the case. You simply bend the fingers back and pop your kindle fire in. I put in a piece of double stick tape just to be safe. The fingers allow access to all ports/buttons but with one caveat. One of the speakers port get partially covered by one of the fingers. It's not a big issue but it is a flaw.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Functional, Great Price, December 18, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Kindle Fire Case - Buy It!, December 3, 2011
Guardsix (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I found the almost perfect case for my new Kindle Fire. For the price, I am amazed at the excellent workmanship and material. I previously bought an iPad 2 case made of the same material but it was much, much more expensive. I was totally shocked at the low price and once I got the Poetic Standbook case, I was shocked at its quality. It looks just stunning on my new Kindle Fire. The corners hold my KF very securely yet allow me to use the stand function with ease. And when I just want to fold the cover back, I don't have to fight with a stiff spine because the material used is so soft but strong. It will stand horizontally in two positions which are excellent for watching a movie or playing a game. When you want to read, you fold back the cover and secure it with the elastic strap and you hardly know you have a case protecting your KF. The strap also securely holds the front cover closed when you're not using the KF. It is so comfortable to use!

The only improvement I would suggest is to add a large elastic strap inside the cover so you could slip your hand in and securely hold the KF while reading. I also would like to see some way to rotate the KF to vertical while still in the case, but that would probably raise the price considerably.

Still, this is a very sharp looking and very functional Kindle Fire case. If you want a quality case, that fits like a glove and provides reasonable protection, buy this case. At such a low price, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and a perfect addition to the Kindle Fire, December 3, 2011
I purchased this case based on others reviews and they were right - its just what I was looking for at a very good price. I love my Kindle Fire and this case allows me to carry it with me with no fear of damaging it. It also holds the Fire in such a way as to not interfere with using it as with some other cases (sleeves etc). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetic StandBook, February 10, 2012
The Poetic StandBook Case is amazing, but it's starting to wear after about 1 mouth, which is ok, because it's not bad wearing just a few strands of threads here and their. But overall VERY GOOD I love this product, I highly recommend this for Kindle Fire users. It took me a little bit to figure out that I could put my Kindle Fire in the crevices that are in the back, but other then that very straight forward. Love the design and feel, but the downside is that my est. for overall survival is about 1 year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case at a great price!, February 8, 2012
K. King "K King" (Cambria Twp, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this case right away for my new Kindle Fire, I really like it a lot.

I don't think there is any carbon fiber in the case, but it does seem to be (smell like) genuine leather of a better quality. I mostly use "book style", and on occasion I do use it as a horizonal prop for watching video. I don' think it has a vertical prop ability.

The elastic band feels like it might be the weak part of this case (seems a bit 'loose' feeling after light use), so for the most part I just don't use the elastic.

I recommend this case for a good looking and medium protection option for your Kindle Fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great price, works well., February 1, 2012
I don't use the stand feature so can speak to that. But as a simple protective case it works great. Very happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case, Excellent Value, January 30, 2012
Excellent value. Other pros: slim cover doesn't make the Kindle too large, soft inner surfaces to not scratch screen, corners slip on securely but easily and protect the corners unlike some covers that use elastic but leave the corners unprotected, two position stand provides useful angles for horizontal format, surface in faux carbon fiber is simple looking but attractive. Cons: does not allow stand to be used in vertical format, must slip corners off to use the horizontal stand.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›