4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price
At the time of writing, since the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a recent product, it's hard to find good accessories for it. There are some cases being made by name-brand companies, but they are pretty expensive ($40-50).
Published on May 30, 2012 by Mohammad Mansoor

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparently this one slipped by quality control...
I'm guessing the case I received came off the assembly line at about 4:30 on a Friday. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 does fit in the case, but the problem is with the corners. Only one out of the four was actually formed correctly to hold the tablet firmly. The three that are malformed are too short to wrap around the top edge and hold the tablet to the back. In...
Published on June 2, 2012 by Kurt

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price, May 30, 2012
This case is a good value for the price. It doesn't offer as much protection as a hard-case like an "Otterbox" or "Griffin Survivor", but I wasn't able to find a case like that at this time anyway. I would feel hesitant to drop the Tab on a hard floor, but the hard corners protect well enough for the carpet. I wished the corners were a little bit bulkier for added protection. Maybe the case-maker wanted it to have a slimmer profile, but I wouldn't mind if the case were bigger if it meant added proection.
I was considering the iBallz Mini for my Tab, but all they offer is great protection. I felt it wouldn't be as comfortable to hold and use as a leather case. Part of the reason I got the case was it would be easier to hold with the added thickness and the hand-strap.
When I first saw the hand-strap, it seemed like something I would use, but after using this case for about a week or two, I rarely use the hand-strap. Maybe I might slide one of my fingers in it, but never my whole hand; it's a bit awkward to reach the bottom left-hand corner where the home/back buttons are with your thumbs.
In actuality, I find that just having the grooves is enough to hold the case comfortably. I would rather prefer having an extra groove there instead of the hand-strap. There were times (like when I'm lying down) that I wished that I could position the Tab more vertically.
I like the stylus holder, and I like the clasping of the case to close. I don't use the elastic band to close but maybe I will in the future if the clasp wears down. Sometimes I use the elastic band to hold the USB cable if I'm taking it with me.
In conclusion, it's a good case for the price, but there could be some minor improvements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poetic fan for life!, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Poetic StrapBack Case for SamSung Galaxy Note 8.0 Carbon Fiber Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) (Personal Computers)
This is my third Poetic case, and all of them have been great. I love the design, they have fit all three tablets extremely well and they don't add much bulk. I'm not a fan of fake leather, but the material Poetic uses is resilient and nice looking, even after some wear and tear. Ports always line up, the cases are tight and even as they loosen a little over time, I never get the impression that my expensive toys will slide out without my help (after a year, I still have to work a bit to get my Galaxy 7 Plus out of its Poetic folio).

The only reason I rated this one 4 stars is due to the magnet. I'm not a fan of magnets next to my devices, and I don't need my tablet to wake up when I open the case. Some people have reported (with other companies' cases) that after a while the Note develops a dead spot in the digitizer due to exposure to the magnet. I didn't want to risk it, so I removed it with a razor blade and five minutes' work.

If you'd like to remove the magnet, it's located under the elastic hand strap, just above center. I dragged a paper clip across the surface to pinpoint its location, then marked it with a pen. I cut a 10mm slit in the fabric with the razor (I probably only needed 5-7mm), then used the tip of the razor to gently pull the fabric aside. The magnet is a round 5mm neodymium, and since it's not glued down I was able to gently pry it out of the fabric, again with the tip of the razor. If you want to, a quick drop of Super Glue or rubber cement will keep the fabric closed (I didn't use anything, since it's under the elastic strap and well protected). It's not a high traffic area unless you plan to use the strap constantly, so I doubt it will ever tear further. The fabric lining is pretty tough.

As I said, I would rate this case a 5 star except for the minimal effort to modify it and remove the magnet. A 5 star case would need no modification, and none of my Poetic cases ever needed attention before. Also, I should mention there's no proof yet that the magnet in this case poses a threat to your device--I'm just paranoid. Ideally I could rate it 4.5 stars, since the modification is extremely easy. Overall, this is a great case at a great price, and I know it's the last case I'll have to buy for my Note 8.0. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with this product, June 9, 2012
Jonathan Myers (bloomington, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This case is perfect for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0! It is a lot more sturdy and snug than I expected it would be. Too many tablet cases out there are poorly constructed and overpriced. They tend to be made from flimsy thin material that offers little shielding from bumps, hard taps, and drops. That is defiantly not the "case" here.

Not only does this case protect from the outside, it protects from the inside as well. The microfiber faux suede inner lining is not abrasive in any way. The padding that is on the cover side creates a firm bind that helps against impact and does not threaten breaking the glass screen. This includes the hand strap.

the tablet is secured by 4 grips on each corner and an "over grab" single talon claw on either side about a half inch from the outside corner grips. No port, jack or lens is covered. I will say the mic hole is really close to the inside of one of the claws (about 1/8th of an inch clearance), but it is not a problem.

One big attractor for me was the hand strap. One use of the tab for me is to create music. I feel more comfortable holding the tab and working with the various synthesizers, drum machines, and audio mixing applications I use. The hand strap gives me a comfortable secure grip in either hand (flipping the tab upside down when I am holding it in my right hand provides lefty/righty versatility).

One feature I also like is the elastic strap that runs the length of the case on the outside edge. I have seen quite a few cases that have to be held closed with similar straps. This is not so with this case. The clasping claw is more than sufficient for that though the strap does ad a more secure close. The strap itself seems to be intended to actually hold the case open not allowing the tablet side to flop from the cover side when holding it with the hand strap.

The only real problem I have had deals with the screen protector I use. The pressure from the clasping claw holding the cove closed causes a press indentation of the stitching and body of the hand strap. The screen protector comes back from it pretty quickly and there is no sign of ware on the screen protector itself. Furthermore, it seems this is lessening with more use. The inside padding that presses into the inside edge seems to be adapting to the shape of the tablet and the screen protector. I expect it will cease to make an impression within a month's time.

Again, Perfect design!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, June 4, 2012
When this first arrived it was just in a plastic bag with no instructions or additional packaging. I was a bit nervous about what kind of product I had ordered. But it turns out Poetic makes a firm solid case that fits right and does the job. I love the slim profile of this case vs some of the others available. Build quality feels good and solid in your hands.

Features - There are six clasps inside that hold the tab in the case, however only the four on the right (if you are facing the tab once it is inserted) do most of the holding. The ones on the left have felt on them and are designed to disengage when you fold the case to allow the tab to sit in landscape mode unattended. Half of the back cover folds away and the side of the tab that is uncovered slips into either of the two slots built into the back of the front cover. A hole is cut out for the camera and all slots, connectors, and jacks are accessible. The stylus holder/pull tab does partially cover the IR blaster so that may take some tinkering if you wish to use it as one.

It has a hand strap built into the back of the front cover so when the cover is folded all the way around it is easier to hold using it if you wish. I have found this a nice to have as opposed to a needed feature, but it is there and it works.
I have had no problem closing the case and feeling the tab is secure in it. It hasn't seemed like it is going to fall out at all. For extra assurance you can use the elastic band on the front cover to wrap the whole thing shut, but I rarely have to use it as the clasp on the side that hooks onto the tab seems to be firm and well designed. Yes, it added weight, but not as many as some cases, and with its slim profile I still find it very easy to hold one handed.

This case is a VERY good value. If you have a tab 2 7.0 do buy one of these poetic cases made for it as opposed to trying to "make do" with a kindle case or the like. This is made for the galaxy tab 2 7.0 and it shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case, May 18, 2012
This case is exactly what I was hoping it would be, nice looking, well fitting and sturdy enough to protect my Galaxy Tab 2. The Galaxy is fully functional since all of it's buttons, camera, etc. are still easy to access. The price was pretty good also, nothing to complain about with this case so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars fits like a glove, October 3, 2012
Regarding shipment: didn't received first shipment but promptly sent a replacement.

Regarding cover: I like it a lot. It fits the new galaxy note 10.1 like a glove. Has a cover for each corner in case you drop it except for the corner where the pen is so that you can easily pull the pen out. With a little technique and getting used too, you will be able to pull the pen out easily whether the cover is closed or open.

It's material is pretty good. Thick enough that it won't bend easily and get warped. Thin enough that it doesn't look too bulky. But it's definitely not super slim ok. And it will definitely add a little weight to what you are holding.

It gives good protection from scratches and falls and hits. I like that it doesn't have a rim over the face of the tablet. I like that only the edges are snugly covered. I hate those covers that make your tablet look like a photo frame. All ports are useable when cover is on - I think this is very important. You don't want to keep removing a cover just to charge or get to a port. This cover was built specifically for t he note 10.1 in mind.

10-21-2012 update:
I still like this but did find that the extra pen garter holder on the side interferes with te volume control . The position is directly on top of it so even if you don't put pen in it but you are holding the tab the other way around, it does fold over the volume rocker. This is especially apparent when you are charging your tab and still watching something on it bec the only way to angle it is on the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased with this case for Galaxy Note 10.1, September 9, 2012
I'm very well pleased with Poetic Hardback Protective Case for my Galaxy Note 10.1. The case fits perfectly, and it looks and feels very well made, professional, and more expensive than what it actually cost. Nothing is blocked and easy access to SPen. It is also not too bulky, which was my main concern. The Note is well protected. My only dislike is the integrated hand strap. It was a good addition for the Galaxy Tab 2, 7", but feels awkward using it with the Note 10.1 big size. My hands are too small to use the strap comfortably. But love this case. Next model, please add SD card holder :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Decision = Right Price, May 6, 2013
I just purchased a Galaxy Note 8.0 from Best Buy. The only option for a case was purchasing the Samsung "Book Cover" and the price was 49.99. Reluctantly I purchased it knowing full well I could return it if I did not like it. Well I suppose there are some likeable things about it but no way does it justify 50 bucks. For that reason I came to Amazon to find something worthy. This case fit the bill, the Poetic Hard Back case. It was less than 5 bucks. It is so much better than the Samsung offical cover both in terms of price and functio. The Samsung case is floppy and works poorly as a stand. The face cover does not stick shut but sort of wiggles around. It gives nothing to making it easier to hold. This case however does. In fact the next best readon I got this case was seeing how the back could fold back around and with an elastic band secure the cover snuggly. Now the strap is useable, I can slip my hand right into it and hold the Note effortlessly. Look at the pictures they have youll see what I mean. Also when its put into stand mode its super solid, Awesome.
I have been buying stuff on Amazon for several years and this is the first rating of any product I have ever given ! I really depend on ratings and reviews you all leave, thank you so much for taking the time to do so. I will start leaving my own for now on also. So you cant go wrong with this item at this price. Go and spend 50 bucks on the official Samsung case and tell me you dont feel ripped off. Do it and then take that case back and get your money back like im about to do this week. This Poetic Hard Back case is solid simple practicality with stylish coverings. I got the one that looks like black carbon fiber. Awesome. For the value there isnt even a reason to think about if there is something I dont like about it. I dont even go there lol ! I just focus on the awesome !

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, good buy for the money, April 29, 2013
Okay case. Does what it's supposed to do but I find it does add extra weight to the note 8. I weighed the note and the case separately and the case is the weight as the note. It may seem nominal but it makes a difference when you're reading a magazine with one hand. It does offer good protection though and access to all the ports are there. It's also made of good materials and the stitching is good too. Over all its a great buy for the money, way less than what you would pay for a comparable case in best buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case With All The Right Cut Outs, September 6, 2012
Every thing I need in a case. I love that it has the pen slot and feels very premium. Does not have a strong smell to it when you open it like other cases. Always loved poetic cases.

Rate and Discover Movies