Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Poetic ASUS Transformer Book T100 PU Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover-Black
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 27, 2013
Case makers are in kind of a tough spot with hybrid tablets like the Asus T100 that can detach into two parts. Most of them are just doing generic tablet cases that are at most only customized with machine-specific cutouts, and are only designed to protect the tablet portion. Most of these don't work with the keyboard attached at all. This is really the only one I could find designed to protect both parts of the T100 either separately or together, and that allows you to work while the machine is still in the case.

To accomplish that, "Poetic" (probably just a brand name from a generic Chinese OEM) has come up with a somewhat complicated design that itself can split into two parts. When attached, you have full keyboard and tablet protection with an extra flap that wraps around and closes magnetically. When detached, you still have tablet protection - the extra flap in the connected configuration now protects your screen. In both configurations you are able to use the machine while it's in the case. You're also able to charge and connect things.

It's a good idea and it basically works but there are a few execution problems. The biggest for me is that when used in the tablet + keyboard configuration, when closed the straps holding the keyboard in and the leather wrapping around the tablet are too thick at the hinge and actually visibly bend the sides of the tablet upward. You can mitigate this somewhat by not using the keyboard straps (it's pretty secure anyway, especially when attached to the tablet), but the leather alone is still a little too thick.

When detached, the snaps that hold the two pieces together become exposed and anything you put the tablet down on is going to have those snaps digging into it. It's easy to scratch glass, plastic or even wood this way, or leave an impression in leather or other soft material.

There's also no way to really close the case when in tablet mode; you lose one side of the magnets without the keyboard attached, so the case just flops around. It's still better than nothing because you'll be naturally holding it closed while walking around anyway, but I'd still like some way to really close it securely.

There's no stand feature in tablet mode. This is not as big of a deal with a hybrid, because the keyboard acts as a better stand than any case ever could, but it'd be nice to not always have to carry the 1lb keyboard around if you just want to watch a movie.

And lastly, especially in full tablet + keyboard configuration, this case with its three padded flaps does add some bulk. It makes the machine feel quite thick, although it also makes it feel very well protected.

Right now I don't think there's a better option than this case if you want full protection and you want to be able to work out of the case in both configurations. But I hope somebody takes some of these ideas and executes them better later on.
on January 5, 2014
Purchased for T100. Great cover for the tablet however,it did not line up at all. Ports were power cord and HDMI were covered, case for keyboard not fitting right. Had to make a few modifications (cutting the case, making holes, etc.). If I didn't need the case today I would have returned it in a heartbeat. It will have to do until I find a case that works and fits properly and that deserves the T100 respect.
on January 7, 2014
This case fits the ASUS T100 like a glove, yet it is very easy to remove if necessary. It separates into two parts, one for the keyboard and one for the tablet. It provides a very appropriate amount of protection for both parts of the ASUS T100. It is easy to carry, very easy to open up to use the ASUS T100 with or without the keyboard, and generally a very useful add on. I feel it is a very good value for the money, nicely constructed and good looking, too.
on December 5, 2013
The quality and fit of the Poetic portfolio case for my Asus T100TA is amazing. I thought the price was too good to be true but I took a chance and made the purchase anyway. It does add a little size and weight to the ASUS T100 but the added protection is a reasonable tradeoff. If you are looking for a professional looking cover at a super low price, you can't go wrong with the Poetic portfolio case.
on July 20, 2015
Very good case. So far I really like the fit and ease of dropping off the docking keyboard. That was one major thing I was looking for. For work I use the tablet portion on site for parts lists, and dock back at the car to make the actual orders. The case I had (FYY) was a little thicker leather than this, but you had to wrestle the tablet in/out, and it only covered the T100 when it was complete with its keyboard, I had to carry around a separate universal cover for the tablet undocked.
This cover is very convenient, just unsnap the back and drop the keyboard off. No extra cases, no wrestling matches.

Would be nice if it was a little thicker material...

Highly recommend this case for any T100 owner who regularly changes from tablet to netbook modes.
review image
on March 27, 2014
Hesitated to buy because of reviews. Talked to someone who has one and decided to try it. This is a great case for the Asus transformer T100t. I looked everywhere for a case and this is the best one. Practically the only one! It looks great. Fits good. Can be used with or without the keyboard.
on February 8, 2014
I purchased this product hoping to protect my new windows tablet/keyboard and none of the holes lined up properly. I checked the sticker on the package sent and it said ASUS T100, so I'm assuming it wasn't a shipping mistake.

If you own the ASUS T100, be careful with this purchase!
on July 1, 2016
Absolutely LOVE this case. I have the Transformer book T100TAF and this case fits perfectly! It has a bit of cushion to it so I am hoping that it will protect the edges and help if I every drop it. I do know nothing is full proof but this has a bit of weight to it and at least feels like I am protecting my computer. The keyboard fits in snugly with the leather corners on the bottom and two small elastic straps at the top. Nothing interferes with the keypad or the mouse pad so that is a plus. the top covers the black rim of the pad with a cut out for the camera. All I did to install it is to lift up the small Velcro tab and slide it down in the top then fold over the Velcro tab again. It is nice that it doesn't take my doctoral degree to figure it out. The bottom hinges in easily and snaps onto the back of the tablet cover. Mine went right in without a problem. I closed the top and completed the process by closing the snaps. I even slid it on and off a couple times but there it didn't seem hard to me. It does have to be centered in the case to make it easy. . When you close the case, There are light magnets in each of the 2 corners to keep it closed. The whole thing is 3.7 cm or 1 3/8 inches in height. It does add a bit of bulk to the computer but not much. I think it is well worth the money.
on October 20, 2015
Ok, so I posted this last night and this morning with a fresh mind I realized that I put my ASUS in wrong. If I thought it out I would realize that when the keyboard is still attached I would want the tablet to be left in the section that has the cover on it to protect the screen, not the keyboard. Therefor I ordered a new one since I cut this one and have given the 5th star that I didn't originally give. Although I could delete what I originally wrote and save myself some embarrassment I choose to leave it so others may not make the same mistake and to show other how easy it is to make a mistake that impacts reviews. How many are posted that don't get revisited.
Original post: From experience I have learned I need something to put my tables and such in for protection. I purchased this because it has the extra section that paper or notepad can be put as well as a couple of mSD cards. I was pleasantly surprised to see the third section has a magnet to keep it closed. Reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I had to modify to fit the ASUS T100. The top two corners of the tablet portion is cut off because the design is triangular. I had to cut a 90 degree section so it's like a corner around the screen. The second place I had to cut was for the keyboard section. The design has the top part of the keyboard covered with an edge that goes in one key worth covering the "esc", " ` ", and half of the "tab" keys on the left and the "delete" and part of the "backspace" keys. I cut the extra part so they are accessible. The volume control on the left is not accessible but I'm not too concerned about that. If it had not been advertised as "for ASUS T100" I would not knock the one star off.
on January 8, 2014
I love this cover/portfolio case. It protects my transformer while it's also a transformer itself. I like that the keyboard is protected somewhat while I'm using the tablet without it. I also like that there's a slot for a pen or pencil and a place to put my papers when I'm at a meeting. Thank you for this product.