Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pogo: The Complete Daily & Sunday Comic Strips, Vol. 1: Through the Wild Blue Wonder (v. 1)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on August 23, 2014
I have always enjoyed POGO. This is the first book in a series of 12. This first volume cover's Walt Kelly's first year of publishing comics. For a Northerner, its lever of swamp-talk makes for slow reading, but it is still fun. I would like to obtain some of his later works ... hoping they would be a faster read.
on May 9, 2013
I found the "coffee table book" format a little awkward to read and leaf through. It was good to be able to read strips from before Pogo was available in my hometown paper so that I could get a look at the development of Kelly's ideas into themes that were used later in the history of the strip. I would have preferred a chronological arrangement of the material, and the need to leaf back and forth to correlate commentary with the relevant strips made it just about necessary to read it at a desk.
on April 6, 2015
It brought back so many pleasant memories of our grandma reading Pogo to us from the Sunday funnies! The book will be in the family for years and will be shared with grandchildren.
on November 21, 2015
Excellent book here. Beautiful cover. Well laid out by week. Thanks for this book.
on November 7, 2013
I was born in 1960's. Reading Pogo comic strips when I was young. My dad read the comics for us before we can read them.
on January 10, 2013
How could anyone not like this item? It has been handed from one family member to another since the holidays.
on December 13, 2011
I remember Pogo fondly from my youth, and own several paperback collections, so I was glad to get this comprehensive volume, even though it's expensive.

Reading through it, I find that, at least in the first few dozen pages, it's not quite as amusing as I seem to remember. Perhaps Walt hits his stride later on. Perhaps, though, a comic strip like this simply reads better one strip a day. What do you think?