4.0 out of 5 stars A crush-worthy Read, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Point Blank (Kindle Edition)
Rawr. I love stories involving crushes. This was a fast read, too fast for me, hence not 5 stars. Why are the stories that I want more from, end too quickly! Hot, hot, hot! And yum! Tattoos!

4.0 out of 5 stars Romancing the Book, January 12, 2012
Reviewed By: JoAnne
Review Copy Provided By: Publisher

This was a quickie read (only 38 pages) but a lot was packed into it along with an actual storyline. Their 10th year reunion caused Rex and Lanie to relive their youth and realize how much time they wasted - neither ever knowing how the other felt. There was lots of steamy sex and you could feel the power each held over the other. I would have liked the storyline to continue at least a few more chapters but Hart might not have wanted to spoil how we each imagined the story might end. There seemed like there would be a happily ever after but I personally would have liked for the author to spin the tale. I will definitely give other books by Hart a try and hope that some of them are longer. I have not read her books before nor am I usually a fan of erotic romance but would continue to read it if this is the caliber of work authors like Hart turn out - reeling us in and helping us to connect with the characters while actually telling a story.

Favorite Quote: "Rex, please. What's taking you so long?"
His hand tightened on her hip. "It's called foreplay," he growled against her. "You should try it some time."

4.0 out of 5 stars Might Be Just the Book For You, December 16, 2011
This review is from: Point Blank (Kindle Edition)
Lanie attends her high school reunion and has her heart set on Rex, who was the school outcast.

The first thing I liked about Point Blank was that Rex, despite being a sexy guy, had once been bullied and other kids were told to stay away from him. It made it a welcome change from a heroine chasing after the football hero. Lanie has always seen the good in him and it comes across as not just a physical attraction which I felt made her a sympathetic character and one you hope gets her man.

I liked the dialogue between these two characters. It was natural sounding, moved the story along and the pace was just right for this short read.

Sex scenes are hot and frequent and the outcome more than satisfying. If you love stories about old acquaintances reconnecting...or connecting for the first time, this is probably a good pick for you.

Originally posted at Whipped Cream Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Sunday Morning Sexy Read, November 19, 2011
T. Coons (Clifton Park, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Point Blank (Kindle Edition)
Okay, this had all of my little hot buttons in one short read. I love the crush trope, and love even more when the wrong side of the tracks kid makes good. So...give me both, and a guy that's so focused on making sure the girl knows that one night is definitely NEVER going to be enough?

Yep.

Happy bunny iz I.

Wowsa!

I read this non-stop when I was all lazy and not wanting to move this morning. MORE than perfect for a rainy Sat morning. Lainey is a lucky girl in this book. I totally want to take Rex home with me and light a spark or seven.

RAWR!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story by Kaily Hart, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Point Blank (Kindle Edition)
My only complaint about this book was that it wasn't longer! I really enjoyed the reunion theme and the sexy, intense connection between characters who'd each secretly crushed on each other years earlier. Kaily Hart does a great job of putting the reader in her stories--and that's a deliciously hot place to be!

Point Blank