on November 9, 2013
From the right seller this is an amazing game that you can play over and over again. Just beware of fakes!
I use CMA Games and they are legit. Even have new batteries in their games so you get berries and timed events!
on November 23, 2013
I ordered this so I could trade between the games. It arrived within the time posted but in an unusual package. So i opened it and started playing it on my gameboy, it had a hard time getting into the slot and thats where everything began. I played for a few hours and realized that this was a fake copy. the first gyms trainer had a level 10 ziggagoon that knew surf and there are so many other inaccuracy to name.

I would recommend buying this game at a convention or at a used games store, if you buy it online make sure to check what the fake version looks like compared to the real one.

Also if you trade ANY pokemon from the fake version it will destroy the other game,
on February 22, 2014
I bought this a couple months back with the hopes of playing through then migrating forward to Soul Silver; but it cannot migrate and save files corrupt. If you open it up it is clearly a fake. Do not buy and shame on this seller.
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2014
My 17-year-old son looked everywhere for this Pokemon Emerald game and Amazon was one of the very few places who even had this game, which he thought would be pricey but actually the cost was very good compared to others and for what you get (we looked everywhere locally in game stores as well as online).

I waited until my son had a chance to play this game before leaving a review so I could make sure it worked out and the games works GREAT - exactly as the description explained -- many games come without the battery so to find one that has the battery and works like new was a win-win for my son!

Pokemon Emerald is a fun, multi-faceted/level game that is perfect for the Pokemon fan.
on September 26, 2014
When i buy an item that says 'fully functional' in the description, i expect it to arrive fully functional, not with the "save file cant be loaded" message. The shipping was nice and fast though, and it came with a little case. But still, not worth it.
on April 28, 2015
EMERALD. Everyone knows Pokémon Emerald. It's the culmination of Ruby and Sapphire. Great if you want to replay the original Hoenn generation.

P.S. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire do an amazing job of re-doing these games.
on April 9, 2014
Beware when buying this game, or any other pokemon game for game boy advance, as these are the number one most copied and fake games for the system. Always get pictures of the game itself, and look for signs of fakes. I received a fake copy of this game and after the sale was made the seller immediately deleted their profile. Our at least it's not the listed anymore. Buyer beware.
on July 18, 2014
Actually now that i did some research and actually played the game, I received a fake. not what i ordered. Also if you look at all the feedback from this seller "GenTech....." most of them are done in the same day. what a waste of money.
on January 12, 2015
My pokemon-playing days ended many, many years ago after I was done with the Gold/Silver/Crystal versions. I was growing older, and other interests came into my life. However the pokemon games have still been near and dear. I had a resurgence to play the games and have some good ol Gameboy fun. I decided to buy a Gameboy advance and finally try out pokemon emerald. I liked it a lot. The gameplay was a very welcomed change from the typical graphics and format of the other GBC pokemon versions. The newly expanded pokedex was a bit hard to get used to since I was so familiar with the original 251. I did enjoy the harder challenge of type matching and battling in this game. Battle island at the end is definitely challenging and something I struggle with, but the amount of things to do in this game are awesome!
on June 24, 2015
TomcakFam Gaming Source sold me a counterfeit copy back in 2014. I was only able to tell when I opened it up to try to fix the time based events in the game. Usually this happens because the battery runs dry but I found that my game never had the battery inside. Just be aware who you are buying from.