Pokemon: FireRed Version
Format: Video GameChange
Price:$208.11 + $3.95shipping

on November 12, 2004
Format: Video Game
I am a fan of all pokemon games. I have bought every pokemon game that came out. This one is so far the absolute best pokemon game that has been made.I purchased the game right away. This is why I like it. Like in Ruby & Saphire version you also have runnig shoes which allow you to run instead of walk. You also gat a chance to battle the first 8 gym leaders. In this game you are able to catch almost any pokemon.Except for Ruby & Sapphire pokemon. But you are allowed to trade & battle between Ruby or Sapphire & Fire Red. Their are a lot of new awsome features like Battle Tower & The Sevvi & Rainbow Islands . It is a challenge to beat this game because you have to fill up your pokedex to 352 pokemon. But if you have Ruby or Sapphire it gets pretty easy. I purchased this game in September & I still have not beaten it.Even though I think its so fun that I play it every day. I reccommend this game to all pokemon fans. You will not regret buying it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2004
Quickly, this is basically Pokemon Blue for GameBoy remade with better graphics and tons of new options. Why it's green this time around, I don't know... if you like "oldschool" Pokemon, you know what to expect.

Also quickly, I'm 21 and I love Pokemon. It's not just for kids! The strategy and the quality of the game are excellent, and it's sad to see the game typecast as being "just for kids".

Simply, you play a character whose name and gender are selectable. From the start, you're given a Pokemon, a healing Potion, and thrust into a world of battles and collecting. Your goal: to catch at least one of every Pokemon in the world, and to become the best trainer ever. To get there, you'll have to master the battle system, which is turns out to be kind of like a chess and RPG fusion. Your Pokemons' levels primarily affect their success in battle, but having the correct "type" of Pokemon also matters (a rock pokemon is weak against grass or water types, but virtually immune to lightning or fire types). It's simple to get in to, addictive to play, and can provide endless enjoyment as you link up with friends to battle or trade (you can only get all the available Pokemon by trading with other trainers).

For those familiar with Pokemon, exactly what's new?

-Several (~21) exclusive Pokemon.

-Links with FireRed, along with Sapphire and Ruby if you have Pokemon Colosseum. When you complete LeafGreen, you unlock certain items that make this game completely compatible with all the Link features of these other titles.

-Now in color, with new animations to match.

-New battles, including the four-Pokemon battles from recent titles where each side sends out two Pokemon at once.
on June 13, 2004
Rumors have been spread that this game, when it comes out, will be boreing since its a remake of the original versions Red, Blue, and Green, but its not. The game takes place in Kanto and is like the other four, but seven new islands called the Rainbow Islands, have been added so you can collect them all. Plus, this game has all the pokemon, but you have to trade to get them all. I have played it in both english and Japenese ( people have translated it) and it is a quite decent game. Plus you can get National Dex so all 386 pokemon can be displayed once you have 60 pokemon and challenge the Elite Four twice with more powers and techniques the seond time. Its a lot of fun and it has the best graphics ever and it talks and has chat!!! I cant wait till September 9th!!! Im buying mine now and its gonna be great!!!! Trust Me!!! I have played it!!!
on July 14, 2006
Format: Video Game
Do you Pokemon fans miss the old days? The days of black and white pixelated graphics? The days of catching all 151? The days of...well, I think you get the point. If you miss the original pokemon games, then this is the game for you! But, before you buy, I'm sure you'll want to know a few facts first.

The graphics have been totally redone! In full color and extensive detail, the graphics are *much* better than the average GBA game!

besides being the old game we all know and love, there is more than meets the eye! Natures (from the Ruby/Sapphire games) have been included! As well as Abilities, and the brand new moves from Ruby and Sapphire! Plus, two new forms of Deoxys, an upgraded Pokedex to show all 360+ Pokemon, and the most exciting addition, the Sevii Islands!

A group of seven islands, the Sevii islands are a refrshing addition. And since Pokemon (Ever since Gold and Silver) Pokemon can breed! Oh yeah, did I mention that there is a girl character now? In fact, the female character is based on the conceptual designs that they had wanted to include in Pokemon red and blue, but due to technological limitations, they couldn't add a female character in. Oh yeah, you can also get Shiny pokemon.

Shiny Pokemon are rare Pokemon, who are colored diffrently than usual. (I have a Golden Graveler, for instance) if u come across one, a thing of shimmery stars with appear around it. CATCH IT AT ALL COSTS!

Plus, you can get Johto Pokemon now too! (on the Islands) Unfortunately, you can only reach them after you defeat the Elite Four, which I, sadly have not yet. And this is why, folks, you should not have a Charizard go up against Lorelei of the Elite Four (99 percent of her Pokemon are half water type! -_-;)

Now, regarding the starter Pokemon. There are three starter Pokemon you can recieve at the start of the game.

Squirtle, a water type, Bulbasaur, a grass type, and,Charmander, a fire type.

Bulbasuar is a great choice for beginners, Squirtle is medium, and Charmander (Who evolves into Charizard) is hard. Unfortunately, I have a soft spot for Fire Types. Which, is slightly funny due to the fatc that I was a Grass type according to a quiz I took.

Basically, it's all about your personal type preference, since, no matter who you choose, you can still beat the Elite Four, and win all your badges. I'd suggest a Squirtle. A well rounded Pokemon who fares well, is not too easy to use, which provides a challenge, and not difficult to use either. Plus, it's so kawaii!

Now, before I end my review, I have a few noteworthy suggestions in creating a good Pokemon team.

*Don't use all ubers, like Mewtwo. It's just not fun to battle a guy with a Mewtwo, a Kyogre, a Deoxys, A Lugia, A Ho-oh, and a Groudon. (The exception to this rule is Mew, since she's sooooo kawaii!! (cute)

*Create a well rounded team. A good suggestion is to catch a Pidgey or Caterpie early in the game, and train, train, train! Currently, I have a Pidgeot named Jeannie(Lv 43) and a Butterfree named Aurora (Level 40) Who both kick seious butt. Oh yeah, and a Level thirty five Pikachu. Plus, my Charizard is at Level Seventy two. A completely uber team, without using ANY uber legendaries!

* Train train TRAIN! How else do you think Blaze the Charizard is how strong he is? You must train to suceed!

*DON'T use evolution stones early!! I made the mistake of giving one to my eevee, Now, he's a Flareon wit not many good moves. Train it first, then evolve it. It's VERY hard for Pokemon who used evolution stones to learn new moves. I'm waiting till Pikachu is level 45 or so to evolve her into a Raichu.

*Constantly battle In game trainers! It gives your Pokemon Epirience Points(Sorry, I can't spell that word XD)

Well, that's all you really need to know! Now, go out there and buy this great game!
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 13, 2013
Verified Purchase
At a glance, it looked like a brand new game. Which is awesome, but confused me. After some inspection and comparing to other Fire Red cartridges, I can say that this game was 100% counterfeit. Game hanged for 10 seconds while saving, and the sound was muddy and choppy. The cartridge itself was poorly made of thin plastic, unlike the legit copies of the game. The PCB did have the Nintendo symbol, which almost threw me off, but after looking at my legit cartridges, it was evident that the game was indeed a fake. Also, after looking at the pcb, the flash memory was placed incorrectly and was put into place with a sauter iron, and the flash chip had samsung logos on it. Please, save yourself the ~$25 and month of shipping, and DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.
on June 19, 2004
This game gives you the chance to talk to people and trade/battle without actully having to do any connecting any cords, and because it's one of the first games to have this accesory, they give it to you free with the purchace, this will make Nintendo go up in Pok'emon products, and, which i highly doubt, more people could like the remake better, and actully buy more! The old game revolutionized the gameboy system, and this game gives honor and respect to, probably, the best gameboy game ever, an awsome chance to relive it's golory days, with a few new changes
on June 5, 2004
Go into the Future with Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen!
Category: RPG
Players: up to 4 players
Release Date: Sep 2004
Multiplayer: Multi-Pak Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc.
September 7 will change everything. Pokémon technology will make its next quantum leap. We've seen the future, and it's all about Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen.
The new games are set in Kanto, the region where Pokémon first took root and exploded into a major phenomenon, and the latest titles stuff in tons of exciting new features. One thing's for certain: when Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen get into Trainers' hands, Pokémon fans stand to become the coolest, most connected gaming community in the world.
Features:
* Cut the cords! The newest Pokémon adventure lets players battle, trade, collect and more, all without the need for connecting cables. Players simply attach the Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter, which comes bundled with both versions, to their Game Boy Advance systems and communicate directly with one another. When visiting a special area (the Union Room), connected players appear directly on one another's screens.
* Pokémon chit-chat! Players who gather in a Union Room can send text messages directly to each other. Up to 40 people can share the environment and up to five people can buddy up at once to join a chat session. Trainers can select pre-set messages to send, or type in messages of their own creation. They can also exchange game challenges, talk battle strategy or just shoot the breeze.
* More than 100 Pokémon are out there for players to discover. Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen are compatible with Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Colosseum. Pokémon fans can access, trade and battle the Pokémon from their favorite games -- all in one place.
* Experience expanded gameplay with new adventures, new challenges to face and new territory to explore.
Pokémon is the coming-of-age story of an 11-year-old boy or girl who is given his or her first Pokémon and sets off on a quest to become the best Trainer in the world -- an ultimate Trainer. Enter the region of Kanto, where you start your journey in your home town of Pallet Town, aided only by your first Pokémon and your Pokédex, given to you by Professor Oak.
From there you travel the region, raising and training your Pokémon for battle. You compete against other Trainers at the Pokémon Gyms and earn badges toward your goal. The Pokémon you collect come in all shapes and sizes, from many different types with different strengths and weaknesses -- Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Electric and more.
Bottom Line:
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen will revolutionize the Pokémon universe when they hit store shelves on September 9, 2004. Stay tuned to nintendo.com for more information on these titles as the fall gaming season draws near!
on October 28, 2004
I love this game because it features all the original Pokemon. All my favorites. I have liked a few of the new Pokmon but nothing will ever compare to the original set of creatures. And now we get to play with them all over again in a game that presents them more gloriously than ever before.

If you play Pokemon like I do (weeks of heavy play then weeks or months of it lying idle) then you'll appreciate some of the updates to this game. Whenever you turn the game back on it gives you a quick movie of the last five major things you accomplished. This is great for refreshing your memory. Also ther is a help menu available to you at all times to give you definitions for jorgon and as well as hints. I greatly appreciated both of these additions.

Not all the features from the Saphire and Ruby versions has made it to Leaf Green. One that I'm glad has been dropped is making certain Pokemon available only at specified times.

As always, Pokemon remains a terrific game for all gamers. If you ask me, this is the best Pokemon has been. If you've never played a Pokemon game before, now's the time to start!
on June 15, 2006
When Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out, I was very distraught to learn that some of my favorites from the original Game Boy generation, particularly Nidoking and Persian, were absent from them. Furthermore, since the Advance Generation employs a different system for Pokemon stats and is on vastly different hardware, I could not upload my power Pokemon from Crystal or Blue. And there were some things that annoyed me about Ruby/Sapphire, including the spineless rival and outlandish town concepts (Who builds a town atop trees or inside a crater?).

Enter LeafGreen. This game, along with the companion game FireRed, takes us back to the world where Pokemon got its start, but now with all of the Advance generation upgrades. The graphics are pretty good, and the lead girl character is the cutest I have seen in a Pokemon game.

Most of the dialogue remains unchanged from the original games. You have the shorts-obsessed youngsters, the really sensitive Lasses, and that poor scientist that was shipped off to the Russian Tiksi Branch of the regions major corporation. Team Rocket and its enigmatic boss Giovanni are here in all their glory, as are the original crew of gym leaders and Elite Four.

In addition to the main region, there is a chain of islands. Here, there are some new quests and some of the Johto Pokemon are found out there.

The controls are pretty much exactly as they were in Ruby/Sapphire, which means the menus and commands are well designed and intuitive. A device called the Vs Seeker allows you to challenge trainers you've already beaten. It doesn't take too long to recharge and is a great way to level up your army and earn cash.

There is a help function triggered by hitting the shoulder buttons, but it's only for newbie trainers and gets annoying because I have a tendency to hit the shoulder buttons by accident. At least the help menu can be turned off. The game also does a "recap" of your recent accomplishments. It's cool the first two or three times, but then it just becomes a waste of time. There is no time function in this game, so time-dependent evolvers must be traded back to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and that isn't possible until you've beaten the Elite Four and tackled an island sidequest. The music is remixed from the original games, but you'll still want to have your iPod handy.

Other than that, though, this game is an excellent RPG and involves a lot of strategy. Is it better than Emerald? Yes. This game takes place in a far more engaging world, the characters look better, and some of the Pokemon animations in Emerald look just plain dumb.

Note that the wireless battling is essentialty the same as before except without the hassles of cables. The wireless chat room is a good concept, but limited range of the included wireless transmitter really limits it.

If you can only pick up one of the GBA-generation Pokemon games, LeafGreen is the best of them all. The selection of Pokemon gives it the edge over FireRed, and the better-looking sprites and nostaligic feel combined with the current game mechanics places it well above Ruby, Sapphire, and even Emerald.

Again, I stress that the girl lead character from LeafGreen is super cute!
on August 15, 2012
Format: Video GameVerified Purchase
Just a notice to anyone thinking of buying from this person (though it's doubtful since they've been inactive for a long time) that I've had a personal experience with their fake cartridges and it seems I'm not the only one!

I hope everyone is able to look at this review and learn to see the signs because this was very distressing to me, though I didn't come to understand the situation until just now. At first everything seemed fine; the price wasn't bad, condition was good, and the delivery was speedy! I popped the cart in as soon as I received it and began playing, stopping somewhere around the first gym and saving. It played perfectly, there was nothing suspicious -- until I left it alone for a few days. When I picked it back up and tried to resume my file, it gave me a message that the data had been corrupted but it would be able to retrieve my last save anyway. I was so relieved and at the time I wasn't suspicious at all! I didn't get much farther, though, and after playing a little more I let it sit for a couple years, until tonight.

When I picked it back up, it was in the hopes of transferring some of the Pokemon to a newer game. I had just found out about that option and felt like I'd have an easier time with it if I did so. This time when I turned the game on, it told me the save file had been deleted. Now, I still figured this was my fault. I didn't handle the game properly afterward; it sat in a dusty drawer all this time. I didn't remember deleting it, though. I wouldn't have done so intentionally when I had a good line up of Pokemon that I distinctly recalled. Either way, I resigned myself to that fate and tried to at least get the starters into my copy of Soul Silver for the night, just hoping it would manage to save and keep it. I wound up playing for about an hour and a half. When I was getting ready to go to sleep I decided to finally do the exchange but my copy of Soul Silver wasn't registering the cartridge. I tried to reload my save and was met with the same message as the first time -- the save had been corrupted, but it still loaded from my previous save. Again, I blamed myself and sighed, saving one more time as soon as it let me so I could keep trying. It still didn't register, so I went back to Fire Red.

This time it told me it had been deleted.

Suffice to say, I was very frustrated. I started searching for reasons why the cartridge might be doing this. At first I found innocent reasons like I had thought; damaged cart, dirty circuit board, things like that. It made sense, until someone on a forum mentioned that some fake cartridges produced these exact same messages. I felt like I hit the nail on the head, but how could my cartridge be fake? It looked completely authentic to me. I couldn't have been more wrong about that.

My search lead me to several guides on how to spot fake cartridges. Practically all of their hints lined up with my own. Not only was the case of the pak incorrect for the game, but the label itself was too. The Nintendo Seal of Approval is in a completely random place, the model number's wrong, the label itself is incorrect, it doesn't have a special product number hidden in the label, and it even says "Licensed by Nintendo" when it should merely have the Nintendo logo.

Looking at other customer reviews, I can see this was no simple accident. This wasn't the first fake cartridge they sold and they left the others they gave them to hanging with no refunds or communication. GBAtopGames is a scam and I advise that no one else attempt purchasing from them -- if they ever come back, that is. Their sudden and lengthy disappearance is suspicious enough to me. They were getting negative reviews and wanted to cut and run with what they had. I contacted the seller but there's very little hope of any reply. I'm not even worried about a refund at this point, I just want to make sure other people don't fall into the same situation as I have! Shop carefully and read ALL of the user reviews on popular games like this! If even one of them mentions a fake cartridge, it would be best if you did not purchase from them at all!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...