Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Poky Little Puppy (A Little Golden Book Classic) Hardcover – April 1, 2001
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
I find that books written a long time ago have wonderful lessons and appeal to children a great deal more then many contemporary children's books.
It is a lovely book and I encourage anyone with children to purchase it.
Ellie: "A children's classic to rate among the most heartwarming of the genre. The story of the poky little puppy with his innocuous mischief, mixed bag of luck, love of desserts, and fondness for digging holes under fences, is a delight."
Tyler: "It's nice!"
Unanimous agreement from two lovers of the finest in Little Golden Book literature...
1) First of all, the binder's board used on the front and back cover is much thicker (and consequently more durable) than the original edition.
2) The cover material (front, back and spine) is a single piece. The cover material wraps around the binder's board and is held in place by the front and back endsheets. This will virtually eliminate any peeling of the cover over time.
3) I'm not certain what weight the paper is that was used throughout the book, but it is a much heavier paper than the original edition. This should minimize if not eliminate tears caused by young children. In addition, the semi-gloss paper makes it more stain resistant.
4) Moreover, the pages are held together using the smyth sewn binding process, which means each signature spread is sewn together using binders thread. This is the highest quality bookbinding method available and virtually eliminates the possiblity of pages ever coming loose.
5) Finally, there is a 4-page addendum entitled "The Story of 'The Pokey Little Puppy'" that includes a photo of both the author and the illustrator. It's worth noting that even though the book has gone on to sell millions of copies, Janette Sebring Lowrey was paid a flat fee of $75 for writing the story.
When my children were young, I paid less than a dollar for Little Golden Books. They now list for $3.99. So, this anniversary edition isn't all that pricey; and for the added features, it's a bargain. My grandson will love it!
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An old time favorite and tradition that I'm starting for my daughter as I can't find my copy any wherePublished 1 day ago by Sarah Koehler
I bought this to start a collection of books to read to my grandchildren.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Loved this book as a kid bought it for someone for a gift they loved it tooPublished 11 days ago by Zay Williams
Read this story to my daughter when she was young. Now I want to give it as a part of a gift for a baby shower!Published 12 days ago by DOROTHY HOFFACKER
This book is the most sold copy of the Little Golden Books. My wife orders this one specifically for all the small children she knows. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Michael Springer
My children and grand children loved the books, this was bought for a geat-grandsonPublished 21 days ago by ColoNative