5.0 out of 5 stars The Beer Review
I couldn't care less how many sandwiches and yoghurts you can get into a cooler. Coolers are for beer, and beer comes in bottles, so we need an objective review for those who want cold beer.

Published 18 months ago by Wile E Coyote

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap plastic on a good cooler
would not recommend this product the cooler is great but for the price they should have made the buckles out of metal my side buckle broke at less than 2 months and the shoulder harness came apart too warranty was up after first month so I will fix the buckle disappointing its a good cooler except plastic
Published 9 months ago by robert chritton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beer Review, June 23, 2013

I've never bought a soft cooler before because they are all, without exception, total and complete junk. Soft coolers don't keep beer (or anything else) cold. So when a friend of mine turned up with one of these things you can imagine how I laughed at him. One boat trip later and I was prepared to admit that he had chosen wisely.

These things are unbelievable. He left his cooler in the sun all day (an amateur mistake) in 90 degree heat, and when we got back his ice was still the same shape as when it went in, just slightly glossier - barely any melting at all, and just a small amount of melt water in the bottom. My cooler (that I constantly moved to keep it in the shade) came back with cold water and a few sad lonely ice cubes floating on top. I kept my share of the beer cold, but I was on the limit. Another hour or two and the beer situation would have become critical.

I've since bought a 12 and a 24 pack cooler, and haven't used my hard coolers since. The 12 pack will comfortably fit 16 bottles of beer, and you can fill the rest of the space with ice. If running out of beer is problem (and lets be honest, when is running out of beer not a problem?) I can get 18 in with a little coercing, although there is less room for ice and you'll struggle a little with the zip (solution: drink one. Problem solved)

The 24 pack will comfortably swallow 26 beers (30 at a pinch). I wouldn't recommend the 48 pack, I don't own one, but the 24 pack with 30 beers and ice is heavy enough. You'd never lift the 48. If you need the capacity I'd suggest two 24 packs.

The only negatives with these coolers is that they don't have a water proof base, so you have to be careful about where you put it (think boats, puddles on the ground etc) and being soft sided, you can't sit on it. But the advantages far outweigh these little problems.

I also love the way they don't look like coolers. You could take one of these to a funeral to down a cold one in the pews and no body would notice. You need never be more than 3 feet from a tasty brew ever again, and It'll always be icy cold.

I've never seen one leak (several of us have them now). The little bottle opener on the zip will break after about 30 bottles, so forget using it, and don't leave them in the sun, being fabric they do fade.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best soft cooler there is bar none, September 12, 2011
Seriously. This has to be the best soft cooler on the market today. I have tons of coolers and tried tons of coolers. My best coolers to date are the Coleman Extremes, but those are hard bodied coolers. These Polar Bear coolers are top of the line. They may seem a little more expensive than other soft coolers but take my word for it, they perform like a hard cooler when it comes to holding ice. Right from the get-go you can tell that the exterior nylon used to put these things together are heavy duty. I'm talking similar to those tools bags find at your local hardware store. The interior lining is nothing like any of the other liners you've seen in other soft coolers. It's very similar to the lining you see in those portable Intex swimming pools. Let me tell you, it is thick. As for the insulation...it's like they used a down comforter. It has to be almost 2 inches thick, which really helps to keep your items cold.

Let's talk performance. Just before I bought this cooler I went over to my local Costco to purchase a so-called "keeps ice for 60 hours" soft cooler with this "foil type" liner. I used that for a trip to Kauai to keep my beer and water cold... fail. Ice was melted within 8 hours and the material ripped after a day, so I returned it. I went on Amazon to see if there was something better. Needless to say I found it. With all the positive reviews I had to check this Polar Bear cooler out. I tested it with some beer and ice...by day 2 I swear the ice only melted down by a 1/3. I ended up dumping the ice out because my weekend was over and put my beers back in the mini fridge. I wouldn't be surprised if the ice in the Polar Bear lasted for 4 days. Might I add that there was no leakage or signs of leakage.

Looks wise. I get compliments all the time. People think it's some kind of duffle or camera bag, mine is black. They all ask me wear I got it from and plan on buying one for themselves. I am so in love with these cooler bags I plan on buying the 12 pack for my lunch use and got my Christmas list set-up on buying one for each of my in-laws and family members. If I could I would be the rep to sell these myself. If you really need a soft cooler that can outperform most but the top hard side coolers, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING COOLER!, July 19, 2010
This is really a fantastic cooler. I packed it for a sailing trip, which I started out at 8:00 in the morning. Everything was still freezing cold when I returned at 8:00 p.m. that eventing. I packed it with a few frozen ice packs and it really did the job. It was a really hot day also. This cooler is worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cooler Ever, July 20, 2010
L. Jackson (Tennessee, United States) - See all my reviews
This cooler is perfect for just about everything. We use it mostly on kayak/canoe trips and it works great. Unlike other soft-side coolers, this one does NOT leak. You can take it inside and not worry about leaving a puddle on the floor. I'm going to get another one in the bigger size for extended camping trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar Bear 24 Pack Soft Cooler, Silver, June 20, 2010
Peachy Paul (Monterey, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a GREAT cooler! I just got back from a week long road trip to Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Yosemite, Mono Lake, June Lake, Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Virginia City, Bodie and Tonopah (to name a few). There was four of us in the car. Each day we packed the cooler with beverages and snacks (string cheese) and ice. There were days when the cooler sat in the hot car for more than a day and it still had ice in it the next morning. Plus it did not leak a drop of water. This cooler is amazing. I especially like the fact that it is a soft cooler and fits into spaces that a hard cooler would not. We plan on putting it in our Aquatrax cargo compartment (personal water craft) when we go on the lake for day trips this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars LUV!, September 6, 2010
This is a great lunch box for my husband. He works all day outside and this keeps his food cold the entire time when you use the techni ice they recommend. He calls it his suitcase but its great for grocery trips as well when you go to far away specialty shops..or farmers markets. We have the 24 pack and can fit most anything though i would love to have even a bigger one. We use lock & locks on the inside to prevent smushing even though this bag is so thick it the food would probably be okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cooler, March 23, 2011
Recived the Polar Bear cooler from Amazon in 2 days. Upon inspection, you can quickly tell that this is a QUALITY made product. Im sure this will last for years. When you get it they recommend that you fill it with hot water. That allows the plastic insert to warm up and allows the cooler to regain its shape. After 10 minutes, the water was still very hot, but when you touched the outside of the Polar Bear it was actually cool to the touch. That was a good sign to me that the cooler has a great insulation factor. I looked at a few other cheaper brands, but Im sure I made the right choice by buying the Polar Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! Updated 2 yrs later 7 stars, October 17, 2012
This is an update on my review from two weeks ago after testing the product. I've learned that using a gallon bag of ice far outlast using "blueice" bags or blocks. I put two froxen 20oz plasic bottles of juice in the bag with three 7 1/2" x 6" x 1 1/2" blueice blocks in the bag for 24 hours without opening. The bottles of juice were thawed completely, but were still cold, and the blueice was also thawed totaly. Then I tried the same thing but using 1 one gallon ziplock bag filled with regular ice instead of the blueice. 24 hours later, only 1/4 of the ice was thawed, and the juice was still over half frozen. The bag does not leak, and I am satisfied that with a bag this size, I can put two gallon bags of ice and lots of juice, snacks, etc. and have it stay very cold for my three to four day trip. And the best thing is that it really dosen't take much ice to keep it cold for 24 hours. As I am taking the train, ice availability is limited. I am very pleased, and will be getting the 12 can cooler for day trips.

Update:2 years later, The cooler is the best I have ever used. Use it all the time on trips. Going to casinos in different states that don't have mini fridges, the cooler looks like a suitcase so you don't get the eye from the front desk. As when I first purchased and reviewed, it still looks like new and the interior is the same. There's nothing more to say that this is a very well made and overall excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, June 10, 2011
M. D. Roach (Dublin, oh United States) - See all my reviews
I love this cooler it is huge and keeps things cold all day. I have left ice packs in this for 24 hours and they are still cold. The fact it looks like a little duffel bag or gym bag lets me carry it to work without people thinking im carrying a 24 can hardside cooler. The lining is not as flexiable as I would hope so isnt easy to turn inside out and clean but is very waterproof. Only thing to be carefull of is when re-zipping I caught the liner and put some tiny holes in but they are at the top so no issue. Great cooler. I dont know that I would fill it with regular ice and water though that just seems like a bad idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this cooler!, April 1, 2011
These coolers are the best! I take mine to the beach, sailing, fishing and ATVing. After a full day in the sun there is still plenty of ice left and the beers are always super cold. My only complaint is the zipper isn't the strongest and even though mine hasn't broken yet I know it will in the near future. I believe on the newer models PBC has beefed up the zipper so this is no longer a concern. If mine breaks I will send it back and hopefully they will replace it with the heavier duty one.

Polar Bear Coolers 24 Pack Soft Cooler, Red