Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
asked by Angie R. Miculka on December 7, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
W just did a dry run on our train also and it had little smoke, i added about 6 more drops and cranked up the speed to 60 and there was a lot more smoke. It did take
several minutes to start up.
Danny R. Azevedo answered on December 12, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well...I finally saw smoke...lots and lots of it! The only drawback is that I have to run it on full speed to get it to work! And with all that noise, who wants that? But it was really neat! Mine will run both directions. I didn't know that about the warranty but Amazon replaced my first one and had it shipped to me within 2 days. I just dropped the first train off at UPS yesterday and didn't pay a thing. They also didn't charge me for the second one...only if I didn't get the first one back within 30 days. Maybe you should try that. Hope it works for you.
Angie R. Miculka answered on December 16, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have seen one faint wisp of smoke, thats all. I have verified switch settings, added more drops, and run it longer and faster .. all to no avail. Also the unit will not run in reverse regardless of switch setting. The owner's manual says their warranty applies only to units from an "Lionel Authorized Retailer".
Note Added 12/17: I called Lionel and was told they will honor their warranty on trains purchased from Amazon. I will get it repaired.
Donald Kaplan answered on December 16, 2009

A
(this is from Retta's husband a train buff)You need to "warm up" the smoke units on lionel's. plug the transformer in ,put engine and train on track,turn your transformer up 3/4 with TRAIN IN NEUTRAL (3 position "E" unit) for 2 mins to allow the smoke generator to heat up BEFORE you run the train in forward or reverse that should help your smoke production
Retta H Sundblad answered on December 14, 2011

A
I have the same issue. Everything else is working great, but no puffing smoke. I verified the smoke switch is ON.
M. Day answered on December 12, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
W just did a dry run on our train also and it had little smoke, i added about 6 more drops and cranked up the speed to 60 and there was a lot more smoke. It did take
several minutes to start up.
Danny R. Azevedo answered on December 12, 2009

A
I sent my original back and my second train doesn't work any better as far as the smoke is concerned. I've tried adding more drops and speeding up the train and running for longer but I cannot tell that it makes a difference. It is disappointing given how much the train costs.
Angie R. Miculka answered on December 12, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product