Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Perfect for active exercisers who want clear guidance and to monitor their fitness level
- Displays calories burned, stores 50 training files, displays weekly workout history and has backlight ideal for indoor cycling classes
- Comes with comfortable fabric transmitter strap and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk. Silicone wrist band wipes clean. Downloads to free online training diary with optional FlowLink accessory
- Helps you exercise smarter with unique Smart Coaching features such as EnergyPointer, which lets you know if you are burning fat or improving your fitness during each workout
- Getting started with a Polar heart rate monitor is easy. First, make sure you thoroughly wet the electrodes on back of the strap with water and snap the transmitter into place. Then place the strap on your chest prior to starting the watch. Tip: it is best to stand away from others when starting the watch. When you are finished with your workout detach transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1 problem I have had- when it was time to change the battery on the chest transmitter (I only knew I needed a new battery b/c I started getting crazy readings, like a HR of 240!), the back was SO hard to remove! I tried coins, screwdrivers..a butter knife...finally my husband removed it with a very large screwdriver- but by then a lot of damage had been done to the back cover (it's just made of plastic).
I contacted Polar on their "live chat" (don't do email- I tried and after a week still no response) and they sent me a new back asap.
1) strange readings =time for new battery
2) FYI- I had to replace the battery within a year- but they are really cheap (like $2.00 each)
3) Be careful when removing the back- use a very large screwdriver (meaning the head of the screwdriver is big)
4) Don't email polar- use live chat
5) If you damage the back, they will quickly send you a new one for free.
So- while I had a problem, it was resolved so well that I still give this 5 stars.
Here's why I picked the ft40 (over the ft4):
* calculates your max heart rate based on your age/weight/resting heart rate (which it has a test for)
* stores up to 50 workouts that you can flip back through
* lets you sync your workouts to your computer, you can see your stats and compare your workouts.
* honestly, I probably would have been fine with the FT4, but I wanted the option to have more options (If I ever decide to train for a half marathon, the FT40 will be more useful)
I love this heart rate monitor because it tells me exactly how hard I'm working, so when my brain tells me "oh hey, this is too hard" I look down at my watch, see that I'm at 60% of my max, and then promptly tell my brain to shut up so I can work harder. It's been incredibly helpful to know just exactly how hard I need to push myself to maintain either a fat burning mode or a fitness mode. The calorie counter is great for me as well. I've been doing insanity and when they say "you can burn up to 800 calories a workout!" that doesn't mean I will! with the FT40 I get a pretty good estimate of how many calories I've actually burned, making figuring out my daily calorie intake that much easier.
If you love to track everything, have a hard time pushing yourself (and need mathematical proof of how hard you're working) get this monitor!
I have used polar over the past 3 years and i am very happy of their products. My husband also have this brand. The old models lack the capability of having the user change the batteries but THIS POLAR FT40F HAS IT! This was very important to me as I am using this item at least 5 days a week to run and spin class. No need to send it to have the battery replaced which will probabaly take a week or two.
Features are great! very helpful. I love the fact that it does fitness test. It is very easy to set-up. User friendly.
The look? SUPER STyLISH and cute!I love that it is white and not the normal bulky black look. The wrist band is super soft thought it took me a few hours to get use to the bulkiness since I haven't worn a watch in a month since the wrist injury. The chest strap is super comfy and is coded so it doesn't cross talk while u are in the gym.
PErfect tool for those who wants to step up their game in fitness or varius sports. I am using this tool mainly to run, spin, and do stairs
-Chest strap is comfortable, I never even notice I'm wearing it
-Strap is easily moistened with just water, but I have used electrode jelly as well, both work great
-Watch piece has a few settings on what you would prefer to look at "at-a-glance" during your workout. What is pictured is one of those views (current heart rate and minimum heart rate for "fitness" zone vs "fat burn" zone. You can have it be just your current heart rate, calories burned or the time as well.
-Easily pause your workout and re-start
-There may be a way but I wish I could have a separate timer function for intervals during my workout
-I've owned my Ft40 for 3-4 months now and had to replace the battery already
-I replaced the battery about 1 month ago and it is starting to lose my heart rate again. I've found when this happens usually the strap needs a good cleaning (wash with like colors, do not dry, or hand wash in sink). I try to wash it once a week at minimum.
**Edited 8/20/13 - I contacted Polar about my last "con" about the device losing my heart rate. They thought it may be a faulty transmitter so they sent me a new one. Fantastic customer service. They also shared with me that I should hand-wash my strap vs put it in the washer so I have been doing that as well. No issues and if it does for some reason lose my heart rate, it finds it again right away. Thank you!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been using this for over 2 years. My only complaint is sometimes it loses the connection and I don't realize it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ashley
Had it for just under 3 years. Changed the battery and now the transmitter doesn't work at all. But if I want to get the value out of the watch I have to buy another polar... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Hazel Fae
Broke the band on my F6. Replaced with this one. I miss having the option of viewing calories burned and HR on the same screen.Published 3 months ago by Gina Georguson
I have been wearing this heart rate monitor for years already and it works perfectly fine.Published 4 months ago by Maki
Great watch for calories and HR monitoring!
Sometimes had a few issues when not used for a week or so!
My chest strap wouldn't work while swimming which is the reason I got this.Published 7 months ago by KEYD2RYDE