The heart rate monitor is encased in a durable yet sleek watch housing with ventilated wrist strap.
What's in the box?
- Polar FT40 training computer
- Polar WearLink+ transmitter
Smart Coaching Features
- Energy Pointer: If you want to improve your fitness or burn fat, EnergyPointer is an easy-to-use feature that visually shows the main effect of your training, so you can focus on what you want to achieve.
- Fitness Test: If you’re looking to improve your fitness and want to keep up to date with how well you’re doing, the smart Fitness Test tells you what you need to know in minutes. By regularly comparing test results, you can track progress and see how your fitness is improving.
- OwnCal: OwnCal is one of the most accurate calorie counters on the market. It calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on your weight, height, age, gender, individual maximum heart rate (HRmax), and how hard you’re training.
- Training Load: The web-based Training Load helps you strike a balance between rest and training, showing your daily cumulative training load, and advising when rest days are needed and when it’s best to train harder in order to maintai performance improvement.
- Body Measurement
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate as BPM or percentage of max
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm
- HRmax (user-set)
- Manual target zone as BPM
- Data transfer
- Compatible with Intel-based Mac, PC, and polarpersonaltrainer.com
- Web-based functions
- Training analysis
- Training diary
- Training load
- Training programs
- 50 training files with summaries
- Weekly history
- Graphical target zone indicator
- HeartTouch button-free operation of wrist unit
- Date and weekday indicator
- Displays text in English, German, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User-replaceable battery
- Water resistant to 30 meters
Polar timing products include a limited two-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Established in 1977, Polar products help you understand and maximize your training. The company's combination of expertise in sports, physiology, and electronics results in an innovative product line of fitness tools for athletes of all ability levels to achieve desired results.
Here are a few tips that can assure a good experience with your Polar Heart Rate Monitor
•The user must be wetting the electrodes on the back of the strap with water. The electrodes have a rubber coating on them.
•Place the transmitter strap on the chest PRIOR to starting the heart rate search on the watch. If the search on the watch is started prior to wearing the chest strap, the watch will fail to pick up the code and not make the connection.
•Make sure the item and user are away from others when starting the heart rate search, i.e. healthclub setting where there may be other Polar users in close proximity.
•If this does not help ...Please contact us directly at 800-227-1314, option 5 so we can further assist them with warranty service if necessary.