Polar express won't pull more than 2-3 cars at 1 time The green light starts blinking if we try to hook up more than 2-3 cars and then won't start. Any suggestions for how to help us get all 5 cars working on the o gauge polar express? Thanks and merry Christmas!
asked by A. Chafin on December 24, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
The blinking green light means that there's a short in the system somewhere. Be sure to check all the cars to make sure they are on the rails correctly. When you add a car and the light blinks, it's likely that there is a problem with that car. Have it looked at by a shop if you don't want the hassle of doing it yourself.
Paul in AZ answered on August 8, 2011

A
vote
I seemed to have this problem when I first unboxed this unit also. What helped for me was running the engine alone for a while. I made sure the engine was aligned correctly on all wheels, then let it run for maybe an hour or 2 alone at a fairly slow pace. After doing that I was able to add the other cars one by one, making sure it still ran after each one. Hope this helps!
jameson71 answered on December 14, 2011

A
votes
I've bought 5 Lionel RTR sets in the last 3 months and I've noted that Lionel (always) tells you to "lubricate" the engine and cars BEFORE the first run. It does make a difference. You did read the manual, didn't you?
David answered on July 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›