5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cycling, Driving
I use these sunglasses mostly for cycling. Some kind of eye protection is pretty necessary because if debris flies into your eyes while on the move, you are pretty screwed.

Published on May 16, 2010 by Sachmo

3.0 out of 5 stars fly fishing glasses
They are okay, I think they are a little flimsy. On the other hand they are really light and hold well. I just expect them to fall apart but they haven't yet, so time will tell. I just think that for what I paid they should have been a little more stout. They came with a nice case and cleaning cloth though. TIM
Published 13 months ago by Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cycling, Driving, May 16, 2010
This review is from: Polarized JMP44 Sunglasses for Fishing, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking Superlight Tr90 Frame (Eyewear)

I like these glasses because they cover my eyes peripherally, and do not leave any areas below or above the glasses where unfiltered light shines through. I've owned other pairs of glasses that fail to cover my entire field of vision. The lenses themselves are quite nice. They have a very high quality look to them, and actually using them they do a great job in maintaining visual clarity on an otherwise very sunny day. The glasses sit pretty comfortably on my face, they are easy on the nose, and I like the look of them.

Some other reviewers have mentioned that these sunglasses have a cheap or low quality feel to them.

I can understand why they got this initial impression. The lenses themselves, though of high quality, are not rigidly fixed to the frame of the sunglasses. There is a bit of play in the fixation of the lenses, and the lenses can actually wiggle around a bit in the frame. To be clear, the lenses don't actually wiggle or move around at all when I'm wearing them, they just have a slight bit of play in their fixation to the frame.

I have a theory as to why they are designed this way. If the lenses are free to move around a bit, there is less chance if the glasses are bent, dropped, or run over by accident that the lenses will break. Less stress is transmitted to the lenses because of the extra clearance, and if the frame does happen to bend for some reason, the clearance will give some breathing room for the lenses so they won't snap. I personally think of it as a positive feature, though I could be wrong.

Also, in other sunglasses where the lenses are surrounded completely by plastic, the lenses occasionally pop right out. I don't think that these lenses would ever have that problem.

The frame itself is plastic, which may also be 'cheap looking' to some. I personally don't mind because the glasses are very lightweight, which I like.

They're definitely much better than the $5 dollar sunglasses you might find at a gas station (in my personal experience none of those have lasted me longer than 6 months).

I do think $35 is a bit expensive for the sunglasses, but then again I couldn't imagine paying less than $20 for them. I'd recommend them, because I think they'll last a long time and do their job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sport sunglasses ever!!!!!!!!!!!, September 22, 2009
I have to say that i have never make a review here in Amazon before! but after buying this product i had do it. I am a long distance runner and biker, and run about 60 to 75 miles a week, i use my sunglasses all the time even to go to work as an Athletic Trainer and they work just perfect. Super light, comfortable, completely block sunlight, even make car sunlight reflection go away. It's price can't be better i would've pay even more, since the quality they offer is great. They include 2 holders, 1 cleaning pad, 1 soft case and 1 hard case. I use them all the time and so far they have work just great. They look pretty nice in my face and not goofy. Even the delivery time is perfect, super fast. I placed the order a thursday before labor day and tuesday after labor day (monday) they were in my face already. If you are looking for non expensive sunglasses that protect you from UV lights and want to use them not only to do outdoors, but also going to work, these product is what you are looking for. Feel free to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as a quick replacement for Oakley's, June 24, 2010
As stated in the title, I bought these as a quick and "cheap" replacement for my Oakley M-frames, which did not survive a fall from a 30 foot rock I was climbing. I couldn't afford to replace my Oakley glasses with another pair this month, so I bought these as a compromise.

However, after wearing them for the past few weeks, I'm not sure that I will get another pair of Oakley sunglasses. For the price you get all the following:
-optics are near perfect
-fit great (I wear a size 7-1/4 fitted hat size)
-aren't bulky
-don't slip when I sweat
-block the wind when I ride my bike or when I am rock climbing
-100% UV protection
-polarized, so I can see into the water when rafting/canoeing/fishing
-inexpensive; so I don't have to apologize after saying "bad words" in front of the kids for breaking a $120 pair of glasses

I am a scout den leader, and spend most of my free time out with the boys having fun in the outdoors. They have worked great for me, and I can't really find any faults with them. I am ordering several more (13 pairs) for the scouts in my Cub Scout den as they will need sun glasses when we head back out backpacking next month. These were a great find for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 22, 2009
Mark (Spokane, WA) - See all my reviews
I am quite impresses with this product and this company. I needed a pair of decent sunglasses that wouldn't break the bank and I found these. They are reasonably cheap, and I have seen inferior glasses for twice the price. Plus, you get all these cool free gifts like a case, bag, base lanyard, boating lanyard (floats), cleaning cloth, free retro style glasses coupon. On top of all that fast shipping. I gambled when I bought these as I live pretty much as far away from south carolina as possible in the lower 48, and I planned to go on vacation on thursday. Placed my order on monday with a 3-5 days expected shipping. Arrived wednesday mourning and I got to test them out just after waking up. No squinting in the first sun of the day, was a plus. Polarize works well at least in my pool, no glare :)
Plus, on top of all this a lifetime trust warrenty...with all this service oakley might need to watch out.

5.0 out of 5 stars love these sunglasses, September 12, 2010
Patrick M. Thomas (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I spent 20 yrs as a licensed optician, so I do know quality glasses. The lenses are great and very good quality. The glasses are very light weight and comfortable to wear for long periods. The frame does run on the small side which is exactly what I was looking for. The company was great. I received these 2 days after ordering, and they sent 2 extra cords. Extremely positive experience. Don't pass these up, you really won't find better.Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking Superlight Tr90 Frame JMP44

5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend says, "Best sunglasses I've ever owned", March 1, 2010
I got these sunglasses for my boyfriend. He's been searching for a good pair of sunglasses for years, literally. He has a rather large head, needs polarized lenses, and prefers wrap-around style glasses. I saw these and decided to give them a try. He absolutely loves them. They feel flimsy, but in reality seem very hard to break because they have a lot of give in the frames. One of the best features is the fact that they come with a case. It is very hard to find a case large enough for wrap-around glasses. These are a good quality for the price, especially if they work for my picky man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Glasses, March 25, 2010
This is my second pair of these glasses. Originally I had gotten the bronze lens for skating, and I liked them so much I got a pair in black for work. Really, I couldn't be happier with them. They are light as a feather, comfortable to wear for long periods, and do their intended job as sunglasses very well. As someone else said, the frames are kind of "flimsy", as opposed to a stiffer frame, but that keeps them comfortable and I would imagine makes them quite difficult to break as is advertised. So I would consider that "flimsiness" as intended flex.

They come with a hard and soft case, cleaning cloth, two straps, and as of this writing a coupon for a free pair of aviators which I will be sure to pick up. Something for everyone, and quite useful.

Normally I prefer not to buy from the "marketplace" shops and deal directly with Amazon. However JiMarti seems like a quality, customer friendly company, and I would not hesitate to deal with them again. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pair of Cheap Polarized Glasses, November 21, 2009
I've been impressed by these relatively cheap glasses. I transitioned from cheapo Wal Mart glasses to several expensive pairs of Oakleys, but I like these the best. They're super light, have good clarity and are surprisingly scratch resistant (opinion not statement).

I bought these for cycling, running and motorcycle riding...but I found I tend to wear them all the time. They're even great for driving through rain storms (don't ask my how, but they are great in semi-dark conditions). If you're looking for something darkly tinted, keep looking...but even my sensitive eyes appreciate what these lil guys do. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value with Bonuses out the kazoo, January 6, 2011
Climber-skier-biker: Wow. Due to the fact (like many out there) I either lose, break, squash or otherwise ruin most sunglasses, finding a flexible ("unbreakable" I hope so - they are guaranteed) frame with good quality lens for an affordable price is about impossible. Until now. I wore these today in very bright low angle sun off the mountains (intense is understating). There was no glare, no squinting, detail on and off the road was incredibly good. I am excited to try these shades out tomorrow on the ski slopes. With the added bonus of an anti-fog cleaning cloth, soft bag, formed and zippered case, two croakies AND a certificate for another free pair - I don't see how you could possibly beat this deal. I'll be back for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Other's objections noted, discarded, February 13, 2014
So basically here's the cons everybody has brought up here and an explanation of why i discarded them:
They feel cheap - just because they are extremely lightweight does not mean cheap. After flexing the frames a bit I think they are stronger than the Oakleys(much thicker and heavier) I used to have.
The lenses wiggle - The lenses wiggle because the mount is fairly shallow, so the flex you feel is mostly the flex of the lens itself. The mount is quite firm and they always look and feel solid even when running down a steep and rocky mountain path.
The smoke effect makes everything hazy - that could be true, but I have to say the bronze/orange tint has spectacular optics. TBH I feel like my vision is More defined with these on. The optics really are pretty amazing.
The pros: Lightweight, durable, amazing optics, fantastic glare reduction even through water at a distance (I live in AZ too so you better believe the sun was shining full blast). Very cheap for the quality.

Try it for yourself. you wont regret it. I didn't.