5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multisport sunglasses
Published on November 26, 2009 by Rockendra Gupta

3.0 out of 5 stars Sunglasses
The sunglasses look good but they are not polarized, which is a shame. My main issue is that the elastic strap cannot be detached from the glasses and the attachment sticks out at the side so I was unable to wear them comfortably under my ski helmet, which was my reason for purchasing them. The photograph showed them without the strap, so I presumed that the strap was...
Published 9 months ago by dockjs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multisport sunglasses, November 26, 2009
This review is from: Polarlens G7 Multisport Sunglasses/ Ski Goggles / Snowboarding Goggles / Motor Sports / Water Sports/ Triathlete Sport Glasses / Reflective Flash Mirror / High Performance Flexible Polycarbonate Plastic / weight without accessories - sunglasses only - 30 g /With accessories - sunglasses, headstrap and forehead padding - 50 g/Introductory pricing for the U.S market (Eyewear)
My search for good economic sunglasses prompted me to try one of the G7s. I have had these for a few days now and I am loving them. Unlike some of the other sunglasses out there, these are very sturdy and seem to be unbreakable during normal handling and can handle a fair amount of abuse. I am a triathlete and what attracts me the most about these sunglasses is their versatility.

I've used these during rides on relatively harsh mountain biking terrain, long road biking sessions in 40-50 F windy weather, running and bike riding at night .

With the forehead padding and headstrap, these can protect the eyes against wind chill and the head strap would secure them in place for more demanding activities such as mountain biking and skiing. I used these on my bike ride at night (in the street light) just to protect my eyes from the wind chill and these worked fine.

Unlike some other sunglasses in the market, the lenses allow just about the right intensity of light to pass through for a comfortable night ride. However, for those who like to go for long bike rides at night, I would suggest trying these on a few short sessions just to check your level of comfort riding in these at night.

For those who just bought these glasses and are trying to figure out how to remove the forehead padding and the headstrap follow the procedure below. These are really sturdy so don't be afraid of trying:

1. To remove the headstrap - slide your thumb between the headstrap anchor and sunglass arm till you can feel the thumb pushing against the anchor and then press lightly with the index finger on top of the anchor to balance the forces of your thumb and the index finger. Now, slightly increase the force of the thumb till the anchor pops out.

2. To remove the forehead padding - Hold the sunglasses at the base (not the arms) with both hands (preferably with thumb on the inside and other fingers balancing on the outside) and then increase the thumb force to slightly bend the frame outside till the forehead padding pops out.

PS: I had to contact the seller (Campbell international) to get the procedure for removing the headstrap and forehead padding and I ll have to admit that my experience with Karin Campbell at Campbell international was amazing. Fast response, very helpful and friendly. All in all a happy customer (-:.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for wide heads like mine., August 18, 2012
TobycW (United States) - See all my reviews
I have a big block head and most sunglasses just do not fit me because of the width but also the curvature of most sport sunglasses. This is even more problematic with foam-backed sport goggles where the curvature prevents the glasses from sitting on my face. Not so with the Polarlens G7!!! They fit great with the foam gently touching my face. Love the strap also since I use these for biking and my head down position does not mean the sunglasses will fall downwards.

PROS:
-good for wide heads
-comfortable
-excellent visibility in low and bright light
-anti-fog treated
-integrated/removable strap works great

CONS:
-wish there were other colors besides red
-wish the lenses were slightly bigger
-lenses not polarized

All in all, a great pair of sunglasses/goggles. I absolutely need these because with regular sunglasses, flying bugs often get under my regular sunglasses and near my eyes while biking. Not so with these sunglasses! Highly Recommended although fitment varies wildly with any type of sunglasses. For me, this is one of those rare ones that fits my block head.

EDIT: docked a star because the attachment on the side broke after a year. Too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Skiing, January 29, 2012
WGH (Ridgewood NY) - See all my reviews
I bought these as an alternative to the bulky goggles traditionally worn by skiers. Reviews for several other similar products complained of fogging so I was a bit skeptical. After skiing Stratton in VT I am very satisfied. There is definitely more air movement through the lenses than regular goggles, which may be a proble for people with contacts - I don't know. There was no fogging at all and I think they're a bit more unique on the slopes. I look forward to using them in different situations and would definitely recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, December 17, 2011
My husband and I purchased these for skiing. Just what I was looking for! The visibility was great in the sun and the shade. I could see the snow and the terrain just fine. My husband had some trouble in the shade, but he wears contacts, so that may have contributed. They were snug, lightweight, easy to adjust, and comfortable. So much better than big, bulky goggles. And, of course, we looked good too! I would recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars great winter glasses, March 3, 2011
I purchsed these glasses for winter road cycling. The glasses I use in summer let in too much cold air and my eyes freeze. I didn't like the "glacier" glasses; not enough peripheral vision and rather dorky looking. Other sunglasses with removeable inserts were a lot more expensive, so I decided to try these. They fit nicely and have good sided vision. They are quite good in dusk and dawn situations, which was quite a surprise. During the daytime -- whether sunny or cloudy -- they are very good. They do NOT fog up, which is a great feature; a differrent brand which I tried and returned, fogged up even while riding. I have not removed the insert since I only use these when it is very cold and that's when I want the insert to protect my eyes from the cold. All in all a great pair of winter sunglasses fgor a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses for all sports and beach use!, May 31, 2014
I had been looking for a nice pair of sunglasses to protect my eyes while participating in shooting sports, using my kayak out on the water or just relaxing with my wife at the beach. The wind and spray sometimes make my eyes water and that can distract from the enjoyment and good times. These glasses are very well made and the forehead padding and strap keeps them securely in place and comfortable all day long. I would strongly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sunglasses at a reasonable price, December 18, 2013
I used these glasses to summit mount Kilimanjaro, Uhuru peak. At nearly 20K feet the glasses performed very well, they are light and easy to wear for extended periods of time. The design provides a good protection form UV and glare form the sides and the top. Good quality at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses, August 20, 2013
D. Woods (Pasadena, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I got these for my vacation to the Bahamas and going jet skiing. These are comfortable and look nice and as pictured. The strap keeps them snug on my head and I never once came close to losing them in the water. If I needed another pair or sunglasses for outdoor, or a friend that needed something of that nature, I would definitely recommend these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, January 30, 2013
These glasses do what they are suppose to do and that is to keep water and spray away from your eyes. They are well-made and stylish. I wear these when I jet ski and the work great. The band around the back prevents any chance of losing them. I highly recommend this product for anyone doing water sports. They are also intended for snow sports and I can definitely see that they would work well for down hill skiers or snowboarders. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are Fantastic., August 7, 2014
Read the description and you want go wrong. Love the glasses. They lived up to my expectations. Fitted comfortable and look very stylish. Prompt service, got them in a couple days. Bought them to initially use jet skiing. Was having so much fun I forgot I had them on. They stayed on good even when I fell off the jet ski into Lake Michigan. Got back up on the jet ski and continued riding. Didn't even need to remove any water from the glasses. Now that's a good fit/seal. For the price, I'm thinking about buying another pair in case I misplace the ones i have.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›