5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value in a Small Package
I did considerable research before purchasing this model as a replacement for a small 12" analog model that we had on the kitchen counter. Both online and in-store comparisons led me to choose this Polaroid for its simplicity, picture quality, and price. It was a perfect replacement, and even upgrade, in preparation for the pending technology obsolescence mandate...
Published on December 13, 2008 by ROGERTOPSHELF

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best for RV bed viewing area
Greetings!
I purchased this TV to replace our old (9+ years) 'ICEBOX' (brand name)10 inch TV with built in DVD player that included a bunch of other really neat features. Nothing was wrong with the unit - we just felt it was time to try a HDTV with a rectangular screen.
Published on December 19, 2007 by ~ g ~

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value in a Small Package, December 13, 2008
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)

I found the picture quality to be better than similar small-screen LCD digital TV's that I compared in stores. The contrast and color is eye-popping when viewed straight-on. However, after receiving and installing the unit, I found that its display has a dramatic vertical viewing angle sensitivity, getting very dark below horizontal and washing out above horizontal. The side-to-side response is not as dramatic. This was not a problem for us, as it got wall-mounted on a fully extendable arm to free up kitchen counter space and allow it to be pushed out of the way when not in use.

The sound is not remarkable, but adequate for the small in-case stereo speakers in the open-air grill area along the bottom of the unit. I would not have expected home theatre sound in a 15" TV. The unit has a fully capable ATSC tuner for receiving off-air digital broadcasts as well as cable/satelite. It can also tune the standard broadcast channels (until February '09). Overall, we are very pleased with the unit and it serves our intended purpose extremely well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best for RV bed viewing area, December 19, 2007
~ g ~ "~ g ~" (Northern CA foothills, United States) - See all my reviews
Greetings!
This new Polaroid TV was placed on the top of a new HD, very small DVD player. They both sit together in exactly the same place as the old TV. With great expectation and excitement, we snuggled up comfortably in our RV's double bed to enjoy our new, updated movie experience.
I am sad to report that it was a great disappointment. The predominant problem is that even though the TV sits upon a low shelf at the foot of the bed, it is quite difficult for both my husband and myself to see the picture from what I guess is known as 'the proper viewing angle'. That said, if I stand across the room, or, even look down the hall at the screen - the picture is great!
Unfortunately, it seems as though this unit would be much better suited for, say, a kitchen, or any room that one was either standing or moving around. The viewing angle is much less important (meaning one gets a nice picture) when one's head is above, or at the same level as the TV.
Snuggled in bed does not lend itself to a good viewing angle :-(
The other disappointment was the sound. After reading all that I could in the manual to make sure the mistake was not either in the connections, or a setting on the silly remote (the remote is also poorly designed - not a big deal - but was enough to irritate everyone who used it!), we had to admit that the old "IceBox", 9+ year TV had far superior sound!
Long story short (too late for that now, eh?), tis not a bad TV- except if good sound is important and/or you will not be adding any sort of external surround sound systems - there are decent one's for a small area for $40-$70. This TV is just not a good choice for comfortable viewing in a small area (like snuggling up in bed!)
With all of this in mind, also consider the price. Ours cost about $240 -not on sale. IMPORTANT HINT: When choosing any TV for a small bedroom viewing situation; you can just about count on these small TVs being located on the lower shelves in the stores. They may look great when standing above them! Prepare yourself to maybe get down on the floor to have the proper viewing angle you may encounter once you get your beloved, new TV home! Never mind the odd looks one is sure to encounter while doing "TV positioning Yoga" on the showroom floor - It's not as bad as looking at each other the first night you have it all hooked up, both all full of expectation; the "SleepyTime" tea is just the right temperature; and then,"Is it just me, or does the image look kinda like an old fashioned negative? Here- hold my tea for a sec sweetie.....Oh! It looks far better when I sit up more and move to your side of the bed! Oh Da*%# it! I didn't mean to knock hot tea in your lap!".........

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasantly Surprised, Even Shocked at Quality, May 16, 2007
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
I live in near LAX in an area that has terrible TV reception. About 10 years ago, I installed a roof top antenna, but still not great. The Polaroid with its digital tuner does the job. I get HDTV on over 40 stations in perfect clarity using just an amplified indoor antenna. I paid 200.00 for it. When you consider the cost of an ATSC tuner and a 15 inch monitor, this thing is an absolute steal. Buy it. It is the cheapest way to get into HDTV that I have seen!

1.0 out of 5 stars I no longer trust the Polaroid brand., July 8, 2007
M. Horneck (Huntsville, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
The Polaroid TV model I purchased was the FLM-323B, but I am warning all potential purchasers of Polaroid televisions that they might want to consider another brand. The TV is fine--great picure--until it dies. Our television died--no power, no anything--exactly one year and two days after we purchased it for over $1,000, including the warranty. Since we were good consumers and bought the warranty, we thought it would be no problem. We would have our TV fixed or replaced in no time, right? WRONG. We are going on SEVEN weeks since the repair shop picked up the television. According to the repair shop, there are really only two major parts that go wrong on the television: the screen and a main circuit board of some sort. The board is the part that died.

I have called Polaroid repeatedly, each time getting some new story about when the part will be available and about how they are working to resolve the issue. I have made repeated calls to the repair shop to see if they have been able to get the necessary part. Polaroid told me the part would be ready on 24 June (a Sunday) and they would use expedited shipping. I checked--again--on the part on 25 June and got nowhere with Polaroid. The repair shop, however, was able to do a little research. They told me that the part in question had been on back order since MARCH and that the date Polaroid expected to receive the part had been changed from 24 June to 13 July. The repair shop made clear that they did not think Polaroid would have the part by the July date either. Another call to Polaroid and another lie about how someone would be calling me from the service department.

Indeed, I have been assured during at least four separate phone calls to Polaroid that I would be contacted by people from their service department. Those people would then take care of fixing the TV or refunding my money. What a load of manure. I did not receive a single return call from Polaroid until I called the corporate office for the chain (Wal-Mart) from which I purchased the TV. Now the person who is FINALLY calling my house wants a week to get the TV fixed or replaced. He is "not willing to refund on a year-old TV." I have had it. The name Polaroid does NOT mean what it used to mean. I used to trust their brand--not a mistake I will ever make again. What have I learned from all of this?
1) Polaroid customer service is the worst customer service I have encountered in my life.
2) I will NEVER purchase another Polaroid product as long as I live.
3) I will NEVER purchase a warranty that does not offer immediate replacement of a product that dies.
4) Did I mention that I will NEVER purchase another Polaroid product as long as I live?

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Picture, BAD Sound, September 15, 2007
Steve K. (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
I had bought this Polaroid LCD TV for my dad's kitchen to replace his 13" CRT tv with mono sound. The picture was okay, but the sound was terrible. It was worse than the 13" tv's one speaker. The problem is that the sound is mostly mid-range, like it's coming from a telephone receiver. There's very little low and high range frequencies. This is a problem with many LCD TV's and monitors with built-in speakers, so watch out in general. It's tempting because the smaller speakers make the TV look so much more compact; but there's a trade-off. We returned it and are now looking at a Magnavox, Sylvania, or Sharp. We have actually been going into some stores to demo them, and have been turning down the sound in all the other TV's in the display so they don't interfere with the sound in the TV we're reviewing. I think there must be a bunch of annoyed salespeople out there who can't figure out why the sound is down in all the TV's in their display :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible TV and service, November 11, 2007
Trent (Horsham, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
I won the TLA-01511C as a door prize at a golf outing and the TV lasted two weeks. At first lines showed up across the screen, and then the entire screen shifted so only part of it could be seen. I had registered the product as I always do, however Polaroid will not honor the warranty without a sales slip. A terrible tv and terrible service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wow, How Do They Sell This Thing?, January 31, 2010
Hi,

I'll keep this short and sweet. I won this HDTV as a raffle prize at a banquet. I didn't need it but decided it would be nice to have a TV in the office. It operated for exactly two days before the thing 'popped' and the picture disappeared. I had nowhere to return it to so I called Polaroid for warranty work and they basically said "Too bad, so sad. Tough luck." I tried a few places to get it fixed, but it was nowhere near worth what it would it cost to fix, so I tossed it in the trash can. May it sit in a land fill forever, and may alien archeologists dig it up in a thousand years and see how crappy it was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible!, July 13, 2007
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
TV has stopped working twice. Sits mounted on a wall, so it doesn't even move! Polaroid is horrible to deal with for returns, wait time exceed 1-hour (makes you wonder how many of their products are breaking).

I personally am not impressed even when it works. You have to be at least five feet away to see a decent picture. May parents bought a Magnavox that is the same size and their's is much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry excuse of a Television, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
My wife and I purchased two of the 15.4in Polaroid LCD TV's back in mid 2008,We bought them for our childrens bedrooms in hopes that they would be great little investments,But boy were we ever SO WRONG to buy these sets. The first issues were with teh cords where they go into the back of the TV,Then today one of them started blacking out,still had sound,But NO PICTURE. I didn't want a radio,we have radio's in our home we wanted Television sets for our kids. And from what I have read online about Polaroids customer support,or LACK THERE OF,Theres no need in even calling them,However while im typing this review im on hol;d with Polaroid customer service..how bout them apples!!!The short of it is DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A POLAROID LCD TELEVISION ANY SIZE!!! you would be just as well to just get a good running start on the interstate and just toss those several hundred bucks out the window,at least then you would know you did get some good out of your hard earned money.and polaroid didn't have the joy of depositing it into their account.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, April 27, 2011
V. Glass (Atlantic City, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid 15.4" LCD Television - TLA-01511C (Electronics)
I loved this TV...than one day, POOF, turned it on and it stopped working!! Barely ever used it!!! Can't believe it and the manual has no telephone number or address to contact the manufacturer.