Polaroid 300 Instant Camera PIC-300L (OLD MODEL) Blue
Color: BluePackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$74.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 8, 2010
I have to admit, electronics and hardware don't excite me but I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't just a little giddy when United Parcel delivered a package containing the new Polaroid 300 camera.

Earlier this month Polaroid Corporation, with the approval of their spokesperson Lady Ga-Ga, released the pic-300 camera. It takes 10 pictures per roll on business card-sized paper (the film is similar to the old 600 and SX-70 type film.)

Speaking of old-style Polaroid film, in January of this year, Polaroid announced that they will be updating their old-fashioned Polaroid One Step camera (The pic-1000 to be released later this year). The Impossible Project also announced the introduction of a new color film that will fit all Polaroid 600 cameras. No word yet if Polaroid film partner Fuji Film will also release 600 type film.

With limited features and a fixed focus, the Polaroid 300 may not be for everyone but I can tell you that it adds lots of FUN to any party where people can walk away with a smile and a color print in their hand.

All-in-all it is quite a year for instant film photography. Just think...this would be possible without YOU! So, pick up some film and start shooting!
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 6, 2010
In the age of digital revolution that metamorphosed photography for ever there is little reason to buy an analog product. A product with a large size and cumbersome function. rather than take hundreds of photos before you think of changing your memory card you are limited to 10 small expensive prints.
So why did I buy it. And how come did I give it five stars. Will here are the reasons;
1. I had realistic expectations for what I was getting into.
2. I love photography in all it's shapes and forms.
3. Again I had realistic expectation.
4. I'm into fun stuff
5. I'm sentimental for the old days.
look at reasons 1 and 3 again. some people buy things with inflated expectations and then get disappointed with what they have.
Honestly the photo quality was way way much better than I expected. The colors are vivid and vibrant and the focus is really sharp. The camera has for simple different settings for light conditions and an automatic flash which did a really good job for foreground lighting. The photos are small but that was a compromise I'm willing to make. They are expensive $1 per print, to me that makes them more precious.
In this day of digital we are so used to click click click with our digital cameras and our cellphones. We take thousands of photos and print literally zeros. The photos we take are free so we don't think twice of click click click. With this Polaroid and $1 per print price tag I enjoyed the click and the "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" and the sharing with others. It is really really fun.
But I have no illusions. And I want you to have none. This is a novelty / speciality item. It will not replace my DSLR or my point and shooter it will compliment them and thus I'm really happy with my purchase and if you buy this camera with a realistic expectations and if you are a sentimental guy/gal you will enjoy it like I am.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon February 15, 2011
I purchased this Camera for my boyfriend James. We both are quite nostalgic for the 70's and 80's and both of us love photography. He himself has quite the eye for framing a picture perfectly, and finding subjects to shoot that are quirky, and beautiful and unconventional. Polaroid's are in essence, exactly that as well.

The new Polaroid PIC-300B is the answer to anyone's prayers who missed the look and feel and fun of those instant photos. We all know how a Polaroid picture looks, it's not crystal clear in the slightest, and it has such a harshness of reality woven into it. By nature it's more contemporary than the newer digital cameras, because you have instant gratification. You cannot zoom, or look at the picture first and then delete or save; you cannot download it onto your PC and fix it. You point and click and there is NO turning back you must accept that picture! It's half the fun of it to see it develop, the other half is having something in your hand. A tangible memento of the moment before.

It's a good looking camera, I loved how the old ones looked, but I like this one as well. It also comes in different colors now; I went for good old black. It's not too heavy, comes with batteries and a strap for the side. The Polaroid PIC-300B is easy to use. Just load the film, then you pop open the lens and that turns on the camera and the first photo that comes out will not be a picture but rather the films protective layer coming off. Then you point and click and the photo comes out the top now! It still makes the same noises as it spits out, and that made me smile. The photos are now business card size , which I didn't know if I would love or not but I DO!!

This camera isn't for someone who wants an everyday camera, this is for special use. Yes, because the film isn't cheap for it, but also because the pictures themselves are meant to be slices of life, not all of life.

I am so happy with this camera, now go and get yourself one!
on May 29, 2012
using this at my wedding reception for small & quick snapshots of guests - tested it out when it arrived and i love it!! works great!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 5, 2013
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my 19-year old son and he has a blast with it. It takes great little photos, and has held up for a year now.
on June 16, 2015
sooo cute! We used this at our engagement and let guests take pictures of themselves and pin it on a board that we had set up. There was even a little space on the bottom of the picture for our guests to write a cute short message before pinning up their picture. This is not the Polaroid from back in the day that cranked out a huge square picture. These pictures are small. Think business card size. But still adorable and great for events and vintage-themed weddings. The guests LOVED it and my cousin took the idea and bought one for her wedding as well.

Note: Buying the fujifilm film is cheaper than the Polaroid film for this camera and works the same!
on November 19, 2013
Used this for our wedding and it was a hit! We had a small wedding and everyone got a chance to not only have their photo taken but take photos of our other guests. Worth the money for the memories it helped mark.
on January 13, 2014
I was a bit surprised when my 15 year old granddaughter said she wanted a Polaroid camera. I wasn't certain if they even made Polaroids nowadays with all the digital media, but, apparently they do! I remember my father getting one of the first ones back in the early 1960's, when things were a bit more complicated. My granddaughter was taking pictures within minutes after opening her present, so it's obviously easy to use. I had the foresight to buy her extra film, but I reminded her each photo was about a dollar each, so she should be judicious in her picture taking. She took a variety of pictures over Christmas, and it seemed to take some nice photographs in a variety of lightings. It was a big hit!
on June 15, 2012
I have a digital camera, but getting prints for it was (embarrassing to say) a hassle. I miss having prints around, and even miss cameras that must have film developed- the obligatory chore was the perfect motivation to get it done.
So when I saw this camera while strolling through Target, I was filled with nostalgic excitement. I bought it and 3 packs of film. The film was $11 a pack and provided 10 pictures. So, with the camera being about $70 with tax, this was a $100 investment- camera and 30 pictures. Would it be worth it?
The pictures are smaller, the actual image being about the size of a smartphone screen. So, being smaller, it has the same obvious drawbacks as looking at a picture on your phone. I love the size of the pictures, they're adorable and wallet sized.
I really love the camera, and am very happy I made the purchase. I, like everyone, wish the film cost a little less. I plan to use my digital camera for occasions where I know I'll be snapping dozens of pictures, and save the Polaroid for special occasions.

My only "problems" with the camera are not so bad that they should deter anyone from trying it out, but I do feel they're worth mentioning. When you have your finger on the shutter button, you can see it though the view finder (your finger will end up in the photo). It's a little tricky to press the shutter button without it being in the view finder's path.
The other thing is the view finder is not a great frame of reference for what your picture will look like. Like some other reviewers have said (and you can tell from looking at the camera's front), the view finder is diagonal and to the right of the lens. So, if you center everything perfectly in the view finder, the photo will come out diagonally down and to the left of what you thought it would be. To give an idea, yesterday I tried to take a picture of a bouquet of flowers. I wanted it to be from the top, where the entire photo would be just the tops of flowers. I centered everything, had it perfect, snapped the picture and...!.....I now have a picture of about half of the bouquet (and the vase?) and the tabletop it was on. So yeah.

It really is great though, the camera is a ton of fun!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 14, 2010
I had realistic expectations about this camera. I knew it wouldn't replace my digital camera and I also knew it wouldn't be up to my very old but high quality Nikon camera, a model with film that had to be developed (which I did in my own mini darkroom). Still, I thought it could be useful in some situations where saving photos on a computer wasn't necessary.

There are some significant problems with this, however. I expected the photos to be small since other reviewers had noted this. But 10 shots cost about $1 each, making each roll of film about $10. Ouch! Also, I thought perhaps I could use the photos to help label boxes. You know, Halloween pics on the outside of stored Halloween items, etc. But the photos are so small that I can't really tell what is inside each box.

Part of the problem is that the colors aren't true and I don't know how to get around this. The size of the photos makes them impractical for putting them on boxes to "see" what is inside. Yes, this is a novelty item and a conversation starter. You could make place cards with it or incorporate the photos into a photo montage or an artist's collage. But does this have appeal to the average consumer? I don't think so- and certainly not for me. However, if they come out with a more sophisticated version, one with more controls as well as larger photos...that might be tempting!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question