4.0 out of 5 stars Giddy over Polaroid 300
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:30 Mins
I have to admit, electronics and hardware don't excite me but I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't just a little giddy when United Parcel delivered a package containing the new Polaroid 300 camera.

Published on July 8, 2010 by Image Maker

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for nostalgia factor but what about practical uses?
I had realistic expectations about this camera. I knew it wouldn't replace my digital camera and I also knew it wouldn't be up to my Nikon camera, the version with film that had to be developed (which I did in my own mini darkroom). Still, I thought it could be useful in some situations where saving photos on a computer wasn't necessary.

There are some...
Published on November 14, 2010 by K. Corn

4.0 out of 5 stars Giddy over Polaroid 300, July 8, 2010
Length:: 2:30 Mins

Earlier this month Polaroid Corporation, with the approval of their spokesperson Lady Ga-Ga, released the pic-300 camera. It takes 10 pictures per roll on business card-sized paper (the film is similar to the old 600 and SX-70 type film.)

Speaking of old-style Polaroid film, in January of this year, Polaroid announced that they will be updating their old-fashioned Polaroid One Step camera (The pic-1000 to be released later this year). The Impossible Project also announced the introduction of a new color film that will fit all Polaroid 600 cameras. No word yet if Polaroid film partner Fuji Film will also release 600 type film.

With limited features and a fixed focus, the Polaroid 300 may not be for everyone but I can tell you that it adds lots of FUN to any party where people can walk away with a smile and a color print in their hand.

All-in-all it is quite a year for instant film photography. Just think...this would be possible without YOU! So, pick up some film and start shooting!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really pleasant speciality / novelty item, October 6, 2010
In the age of digital revolution that metamorphosed photography for ever there is little reason to buy an analog product. A product with a large size and cumbersome function. rather than take hundreds of photos before you think of changing your memory card you are limited to 10 small expensive prints.
So why did I buy it. And how come did I give it five stars. Will here are the reasons;
1. I had realistic expectations for what I was getting into.
2. I love photography in all it's shapes and forms.
3. Again I had realistic expectation.
4. I'm into fun stuff
5. I'm sentimental for the old days.
look at reasons 1 and 3 again. some people buy things with inflated expectations and then get disappointed with what they have.
Honestly the photo quality was way way much better than I expected. The colors are vivid and vibrant and the focus is really sharp. The camera has for simple different settings for light conditions and an automatic flash which did a really good job for foreground lighting. The photos are small but that was a compromise I'm willing to make. They are expensive $1 per print, to me that makes them more precious.
In this day of digital we are so used to click click click with our digital cameras and our cellphones. We take thousands of photos and print literally zeros. The photos we take are free so we don't think twice of click click click. With this Polaroid and $1 per print price tag I enjoyed the click and the "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" and the sharing with others. It is really really fun.
But I have no illusions. And I want you to have none. This is a novelty / speciality item. It will not replace my DSLR or my point and shooter it will compliment them and thus I'm really happy with my purchase and if you buy this camera with a realistic expectations and if you are a sentimental guy/gal you will enjoy it like I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Classic., February 15, 2011
CaterpillarGirl (Gainesville, Florida) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased this Camera for my boyfriend James. We both are quite nostalgic for the 70's and 80's and both of us love photography. He himself has quite the eye for framing a picture perfectly, and finding subjects to shoot that are quirky, and beautiful and unconventional. Polaroid's are in essence, exactly that as well.

The new Polaroid PIC-300B is the answer to anyone's prayers who missed the look and feel and fun of those instant photos. We all know how a Polaroid picture looks, it's not crystal clear in the slightest, and it has such a harshness of reality woven into it. By nature it's more contemporary than the newer digital cameras, because you have instant gratification. You cannot zoom, or look at the picture first and then delete or save; you cannot download it onto your PC and fix it. You point and click and there is NO turning back you must accept that picture! It's half the fun of it to see it develop, the other half is having something in your hand. A tangible memento of the moment before.

It's a good looking camera, I loved how the old ones looked, but I like this one as well. It also comes in different colors now; I went for good old black. It's not too heavy, comes with batteries and a strap for the side. The Polaroid PIC-300B is easy to use. Just load the film, then you pop open the lens and that turns on the camera and the first photo that comes out will not be a picture but rather the films protective layer coming off. Then you point and click and the photo comes out the top now! It still makes the same noises as it spits out, and that made me smile. The photos are now business card size , which I didn't know if I would love or not but I DO!!

This camera isn't for someone who wants an everyday camera, this is for special use. Yes, because the film isn't cheap for it, but also because the pictures themselves are meant to be slices of life, not all of life.

I am so happy with this camera, now go and get yourself one!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, May 29, 2012
using this at my wedding reception for small & quick snapshots of guests - tested it out when it arrived and i love it!! works great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun camera, December 5, 2013
caryl (Landenberg, PA) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my 19-year old son and he has a blast with it. It takes great little photos, and has held up for a year now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Polaroid, November 19, 2013
Used this for our wedding and it was a hit! We had a small wedding and everyone got a chance to not only have their photo taken but take photos of our other guests. Worth the money for the memories it helped mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN LITTLE CAMERA !!!, November 22, 2013
I bought this for my Dear Brother who has terminal Pancreatic cancer he wants to take pictures of all his friends and family while he is still able, it was real easy for him to load film and he loves that the pics are instant, it takes very good pictures they are smaller than the older models we used to own but still good guality 2x3 inches, I would recomend this camera just for the ease of use and it is fun to use also....

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for nostalgia factor but what about practical uses?, November 14, 2010

There are some significant problems with this, however. I expected the photos to be small since other reviewers had noted this. But 10 shots cost about $1 each, making each roll of film about $10. Ouch! Also, I thought perhaps I could use the photos to help label boxes. You know, Halloween pics on the outside of stored Halloween items, etc. But the photos are so small that I can't really tell what is inside each box. I even tried to use them on shoe boxes so I'd know which shoes were inside. Complete failure!

Part of the problem is that the colors aren't true and I don't know how to get around this. The size of the photos makes them impractical for putting them on boxes to "see" what is inside. Yes, this is a novelty item and a conversation starter. You could make place cards with it or incorporate the photos into a photo montage or an artist's collage. But does this have appeal to the average consumer? I don't think so- and certainly not for me. However, if they come out with a more sophisticated version, one with more controls as well as larger photos...that might be tempting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Polaroid 300 Instant Camera PIC-300R (Electronics)
I bought this camera for my camera buff daughter who is all of 7. Pictures are about a $1 a pop. Nothing beats the instant gratification of the picture popping right up. Easy to operate and handle. Vintage, artsy looking pics. In this digital camera worked the Polaroid 'technology' is so old, it's new again. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crowd Pleaser, February 13, 2014
It's fun to look at digital photos on your phone, but there's something magical about taking a picture of someone and then just giving them the photo. People LOVE watching the photo develop before their eyes, it never gets old. Great for making silly I.D. cards, photo booths, scrap books. You'll have to play with the settings to get your shots just right, the results vary, and pictures aren't going to be phenomenal, they might look like crap from time to time. But you're not getting this because you want to be Ansel Adams, you're getting this because you want an instant, tangible item to give away or use immediately for projects on hand. A great lil' camera.

Polaroid 300 Instant Camera PIC-300R