Polaroid .42x HD Fisheye Lens Hi I bought this product "Polaroid .42x HD Fisheye Lens (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW1X4K/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details) for my Canon T1i because it said that it fit. I got it, it takes pictures like the reviews say, but when it came, it came with no instructions. Polaroid's website doesn't help, nor is it very well made. It only gives you an 800# and no email address to contact anyone.

My question: Can/how I use this lens without the "macro" lens part of it? If I need an adapter where can I or where is the best place to get one for a decent price?

Thank you for any and all help you folks can give me.
asked by Maribel M. Ramirez on December 4, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
You attach the lens to the canon lens already attached to your camera. I put the 18-55 lens on and screwed the fish eye lens onto that. It took me a while to figure it out! It's cool too.
S. Gorham answered on April 13, 2012

A
votes
its actually 2 lenses in 1. unscrew the macro lens from the fisheye wide angle lens and you're all set
Jeffery P. Niewiadomski answered on August 25, 2012

A
votes
The Macro part of it helps give you the fish-eye effect you want. It helps provide the necessary distortion you need for it to give you the look you presumably bought this object to provide. I'm sure you can find a double male 58mm adapter out there on Amazon land- but my thought to you is do you really want to?
pet person answered on December 26, 2012

A
vote
When I received mine, the outer rim/ring surrounding the fisheye lens was very loose. It doesn't come off, but I can move it around. Was anyone else's like that or is it just normal?
C. Chang answered on May 18, 2012

A
votes
I have the same problem with the exact camera and fisheye lens. I still don't have a solution for my problem, I can't even get it to fit.
Xenia Prieto answered on December 5, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›