Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 8, 2010
I personally do not know why more people are not buying this particular tripod on Amazon. I know Amazon has dozens of tripods to pick from, because I spent a couple of hours looking at a number of them and reading the reviews before I decided to purchase this one. I was a little nervous about the fact that there were only two reviews, but they were both five star reviews and I also opted to trust the Polaroid name. I take videos and photographs for family purposes, so I am not a professional. I will not be using this tripod all of the time, but I wanted one available to me for those situations when it might come in handy. I was shopping for the best quality tripod for the lowest price.... preferrably under $50.00.

This tripod is everything I had hoped for, considering what I paid for it. It seems to be well constructed, and has all of the adjustment capabilities that I would ever need for my purpose. It has a heavy duty appearance, and there is nothing cheap looking about it visually. The legs, central shaft, and leg braces are black painted aluminum. Everything else looks like it is made from a very hard and durable black plastic. The carrying case is very well made. I had no trouble setting it up right out of the box (there are no directions). After checking all of the moving parts out, I found everything to be in working order. The only "potential" weakness this tripod might have is the plastic cranking mechanism for the center shaft. But, I would be willing to bet that all tripods in the under $100 price range have the same design; including some of the very expensive tripods. No matter what the price, everything made today has moving parts made out of plastic somewhere on it.

In conclusion: For the price, this looks like a quality made tripod (it actually exceeded my expectations) that will last me for a long time.
1111 comments|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2015
Only used it once then broke, almost dropped my palm size projector, lucky that I was able to catch it. Bad quality, not reliable.
review image
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
First of all, I'm not a professional photographer, so this review is from a beginner's perspective.

I have a GoPro hero 4 silver and Samsung NX 30, JVC Everio.
I took all of my review pictures with my NX, so no pictures of it.

Pros:
-Two quick release plate which is vital to people who has more than 2 cameras.
-Very sturdy (also works well w/ DSLRs.
-Bubble level indicator is very accurate
-Lock for the legs
-Enough height for almost every use
-Ships w/ prime (fast shipping)
-Bag included
-A handle for people who uses without bags
-Two height controls (one from each legs, and one right under the camera)
-Good for time lapse/slow motion

Cons:
-As far as I know, no way to turn the camera easily (you have to move the whole tripod)
-Therefore, not good for hyperlapse
-No manual for all the functions
-A little heavy for its size

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, please comment.
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 8, 2010
This tripod is great! It's in a very reasonable price range and well worth every cent. Strong, durable and very sturdy. No shaking. I expect it to last me a long time before I spend money on a more expensive tripod.
I currently use it for a Canon Rebel. No assembly needed. I am over 6ft tall and it stands taller than me when fully extended. It's a great buy. No disappoitments here.
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2010
I bought the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter. These binoculars are heavy and large and require a tripod for practical use. My regular tripod was not tall enough to allow me to use the binoculars without bending over some, which would be difficult for my back to handle. But this one is 6 feet tall, which is really nice.
I worried that this tripod would not be heavy duty enough to hold the binoculars, as they weigh about 3 pounds, but it's really perfect. This tripod has a nice carry handle permanently attached to it, and all of the parts seem well made. It also comes in a nice carrying case,and has the quick mount attachment. I'm glad I chose a brand name like Polaroid.
11 comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
This is a fantastic little tripod. It does the job and keeps your camera sturdy to the ground. The build is really solid and feels right when you use it. It's heavy but not too heavy. Comes with a nice little bag to carry it around in and looks cool. It's easy to use and I got a lot of great use out of it. HOWEVER,

I work at a Christian summer camp where I use tripods and cameras for about 14 hours a day for 7 days a week. This particular tripod's handle bar for carrying broke a little after 2 weeks of me having it. I'm not saying the handle bar was great. The handle bar consisted of 3 parts. 2 rings that circled around the middle bar and a plastic part that connected the pieces forming a handle bar. This handle bar was a pain in the rear. It pinched your hand 75% of the time you used it. I was happy when it broke because my hand finally got some relief. My previous tripod didn't have a handle bar so its not that big of a deal for me to not have one. Using the foam covering the 3 legs to carry it around is easier than using the handle bar.

One small reminder to anyone that purchases this tripod, there is a lock wheel that keeps your camera from panning. The wheel when loose can fall off very easily so make sure that its on tight whenever you're not panning. If it falls off and you lose it you're in for a lot of trouble.

UPDATE: 7/29/2012:

The inside parts of this tripod are junk. The entire top part consisting of the tilt-bar and mount head broke off and are not fixable. Once you use this tripod for an extended period of time and are using it day in and day out the components get worn out super fast. It was great while it lasted. Polaroid isn't sending me a new one.
on June 25, 2012
After less than 2 months of being used and properly transported and taken care of, one of it's leg broke off and no way to be fixed. Thought it'd last longer than a $20 tripod but unfortunately no.

I properly placed this against a wall in it's bag when it wasn't in use, and I would carefully take it out of it's bag every time I was going to use it because I wanted to take good care of it. But last night, I brought it with me to a shoot, and as I slowly pulled it out of the bag and slowly spread it open, one of it's leg fell off, the plastic holding the top part was broken, and the screw that holds it on the bottom is missing. I would say I've only used this tripod about 20 times at most.

It was a good tripod, and I thought it'd last longer than 2 months.

This morning I went on Amazon to see if I can get a replacement or a refund, but unfortunately I couldn't, and all I can say is writing a review to recommend to the new buyers not to waste over $50 on this, you're better off geting a $15 Targus tripod at WalMart.
on September 25, 2015
Injection molded parts are more brittle than glass, meaning they were improperly manufactured with the wrong molding temperature. All I had to do was touch the clip and it shattered. Upon inspecting the other plastic parts on the broken tripod and the other 4 same tripods I bought, all the plastic parts were very brittle. I highly recommend that you DO NOT USE WITH DLSR CAMERAS, all it takes is a bump to break it and send your thousand dollar camera to the ground. I won't send the product back because I'm using it with cheap cameras and I got what I paid for. If you are thinking about buying this for an expensive camera, don't do it, it will break.
on April 7, 2011
Bad:
*The poles are aluminum everything else is made form cheap plastic.
*I can't imagine this thing can stand any wear and tear.. if you bang it around or drop it hard it's probably going to break.

Good:
*It's lightweight. Nice Bag. Holds my Canon Rebel t3i just fine. Doesn't wobble.
*If all you need is something cheap to hold your camera in place then this is just fine.

Note:
*The pan head does not pan smoothly for video, but it's not supposed to and thats not to be expected for this price.

****Update 7 months later: I tried to treat if very gently and I only used it around the house but I eventually broke it. Until then it worked fine held my camera in place like I wanted. I was careful with it but it was leaning against a wall folded up, fell over on a carpeted floor and broke. The joints are thin plastic so as I was worried: it didn't take much to break this.
on April 14, 2012
A small part fell off right out of the box. I fixed that. Now after only three months a leg has broken off where it meets the head. Very poorly made. It has had only light use use indoors exclusively.