Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2011
I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this product! Picture is amazing! Hooked it up to my PS3 with an HDMI cable, and the graphics and detail are superb! Beautiful, sharp, vibrant colors. Very clear. Good price for a 1080p. Nice outward appearance, too! Very sharp-looking, lightweight, and thin, too! The only thing that is not outstanding about this TV is the sound. But hey, that was to be expected with a TV this size. Some computer speakers should do the trick. Overall, I love this TV!!!! Very happy with this purchase. :)
on August 17, 2012
Purchased this TV in Dec 2011. In May The control panel went out. Sent it in under extended warranty, and as of Aug 17, 2012 Polaroid still can't tell me when it will be repaired. No replacement no money back nothing just told I have to wait. Check on line you will see I'm not the only one having this problem.
So if you are looking for a TV with a good product support in case there is a problem buy from another manufacture.
on August 11, 2013
I bought this TV in June of 2012 and the picture just went out 13 months later. Audio still works. Hardly ever used. Great picture while it lasted.

Update: Having nothing to lose I decided to take the cover off the tv and check for blown capacitors. Everything looked good. Then I noticed the plug to the lcd screen appeared not to be plugged in all the way. The right corner seemed unlatched so I just pushed it in all the way and presto....the display now works. I don't know why it worked for a year that way or if that was the real problem. Only time will tell.
on June 15, 2011
I had my doubts purchasing a Polaroid TV, but this item was on sale at Target for $180 and I wanted to purchase a set with full HD. So far I am absolutely happy with my TV. The picture is beautiful, the sound is fine, and all of my standard DVD's look incredible on this TV. Some full screen DVD's, especially the old Wonder Woman and Incredible Hulk shows from the 70's are nearly Blu-Ray quality on my new TV. I can't believe how much detail on standard DVD's is simply lost on the old analog TV's (and my last TV was a Sony Trinitron!) I was almost going to purchase a Phillips 19" set but I'm glad I got this one. I have no desire for a very large TV, but I have found that a 22" set is a lot easier to watch than a 19" set. My only complaint is that I don't know how difficult it will be to find a replacement remote control--the "input" buttons on the other remotes I own don't work on this Polaroid set (however there is a manual "input" button on the back of the set for switching between TV and DVD input, just in case I lose my remote).
on July 12, 2011
Considering it only cost $189, this was a good purchase. I like the fact that the set is full HD and LED. It has a nice picture and is just the right size for our small condo. We purchased this to replace a(n even smaller) Sharp Aquos, and are happy with it so far.

The only annoyance worth mentioning is that the TV's speaker isn't very good. Quite weak, in fact, especially when connected to digital cable which is notorious for knocking down a TV's audio capabilities. Luckily, we figured this would be the case and bought a set of small speakers when we got the TV. Worked like a charm.
on December 30, 2014
Picture quality is great, but that is about all it is has going for it.
It has an auto power/input detection feature, meaning it wont stay ON unless it detects a connection with another device. Combined with the fact it randomly STOPS connecting with my PC makes it very frustrating to work with. You can't access the menu unless it is connected to a device, making it impossible to troubleshoot/change settings.
I DO NOT recommend this model from Polaroid.
on January 12, 2015
First off, a little background on myself, and why I chose to buy this product. Being a college student I seem to always be tied to my computer. I use both a MacBook Pro and a Surface Pro. Primarily for school I use the Surface Pro 90% of the time. The only downfall with it is the small screen. Therefore I have always hooked up to a larger monitor. I was using a 32" TV for quite awhile, and had it on my desk. So I was sitting 3 feet away from a large screen and after many months of use, I found that my eyes were starting to take a toll. It was then I decided on getting a smaller screen. I chose to go with an HDTV instead of an actual computer monitor for the simple fact that it can be used as an HDTV if I need it. There are many bad reviews on this TV however for the price I decided to give it a try.

Pros:
Simple to set up and the base is detachable. the base comes detached and you have to assemble it upon opening the box. It is 6 simple screws and directions were provided. For the price the picture quality is great.

Cons:
The inputs, specifically where they are located. They are on the left side of the back of the TV and the problem with them is that they are set in. The space for the inputs is 8" wide, 3" high, and 1" deep. So if you have a cord with a large end, either you will have to force & finesse it in, or you will have to get a different cord.
The other problem I encountered was actually hooking it up to my Surface Pro. Initially to do so I was using the HDMI to the Mini Display Port DVI. It worked but only partially. I found that the outer edges of the screen were cut off. I spent hours upon hours trying different display settings & resolutions to correct the problem. After many attempts I gave up and I ordered a different cable, a VGA to Mini Display Port DVI. with that cord the issue was corrected. The end of the cord with the VGA was large and it took a little force & finesse to get it into the VGA port on the TV due to the limited space I mentioned above.

Overall:
For the price I am pleased with product. I had some issues which I explained in the Cons. If you're looking for something cheap to just get by, or just an additional TV to place somewhere else, this TV is a good choice.
on January 7, 2013
Bought 2 of them for my kids. One had a scratch on the screen out of the box and bad sectors. Exchanged it for another - that had 1 bad sector and decided 1 dot was okay to live with rather than the hassle. The other looked like it was okay...until about a week later when the cable input stopped working. Did I just get a bad lot or something?
on June 12, 2016
Polaroid used to be great. Had one for long time. Yet last couple of years just trash. Miserable design (electronics) caps going out, Got two. Both stopped working after 6 months or less. Checked on net, lot of complaints, most likely production transferred to china. Customer service none. Never will buy another polaroid ever again. Get wrid of them, unless you want to lose your clients..
on June 15, 2016
I purchased in 2012 and had no problem ... the sound was a bit "tinny" when I first purchased, but I think my hearing has adjusted. The problem I am having is the remote control need replacing, but the original is no longer produced. What remote control is compatible with this TV ... can anyone help me???