5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera at an unbelievable price!
At such a cheap price, it is really surprising how great this camera really is. The stills are clear, video is pretty good, and once again, the price is unbelievable. If you are looking for a camera that you could tote around in your purse (or "man bag") to capture those unforgettable moments, I highly recommend that you purchase this little jewel!
Published on November 27, 2009 by J's Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Iconic Polaroid
Pros:
Lightweight, Small, Extremely easy to understand, was able to plug the USB into my XPS computer and watch/download the videos without having to download the softwear, takes 'AA' batteries so it's easy to change out while traveling, uses a memory card

Cons:
Published on November 4, 2009 by rosanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera at an unbelievable price!, November 27, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers TREMENDOUS wallop for a very low price!, April 13, 2010
I read all the reviews on this tiny camcorder before purchasing it, and also googled it plus "manual" to find the FULL MANUAL pdf to thoroughly investigate it before purchasing the camera. The full manual answers most of the questions/reservations that came up in the reviews, and would have saved the people a lot of grief. Oddly, it isn't in the printed materials with the camera; I didn't need to use the software since my ancient Apple macintosh recognized it without needing extra software. I don't know if windows could, though.

I use the 8 gig memory card, which installed fine, formatted properly (you do the formatting immediately; before using it for the first time, as described in the camera's pdf manual).

I also got the case, but it's really too small for ease of use.

for your info: 1. Download the pdf manual and read it to see if this camera fits your requirements 2. if it does, then definitely get the 8-gig memory for it.

Note: If you need to use a viewfinder to actually see the screen, as in sunlight, this might not be the camera for you - find one with a viewfinder, or use this one as an extra, when you don't want to lug your main camera (the 8mp still camera of course gives more options and better resolution... at a many times the price of this little critter. This one's great for fun stuff, where I didn't need the bigger (my years-old 8mp large, heavy camera).

Experimenting with the little polaroid: the stills and also little movie clips I took do show up fine on the computer.

Having a spare usb cable would make it much easier to connect to the computer. I think the online ad/listing for the camera should say to download the pdf FULL MANUAL, to definitely use the 8 gig memory, and the hint to have a spare usb cable, but these things do not detract from the actual camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Iconic Polaroid, November 4, 2009
This review is from: Polaroid DVF-130RC USB Digital Camcorder with 2.0-Inch LCD Display (Red) (Electronics)
Pros:

Cons:
Extremely poor construction, 'ok' video quality outside, Horrible low light video, sounding (you hear more of the person moving the camera then the conversation), No screw-on station if you want to put it on a tripod

I wish I could rave about this camera, but sadly it has fell far from my expectations. When looking for a camera I wanted an inexpensive camera that takes memory cards so I don't have to constantly download the video. This camera fit that and it looked like a steal at the price.

Of course I know that the picture quality wasn't going to be great, but when a camera is so bad that even in good lighting conditions indoors it is still extremely grainy?

In short, you would get a better video off of a point in shoot camera's video option. My 6 year old point and shoot camera takes better videos.

Stay far from this camera!

4.0 out of 5 stars Problems with description, December 13, 2009
CB (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Although the price is low and the camera should meet my needs there are some problems with the product description. The Description is for DVF-130LC. The product for sale is a DVF-130TC which has an 8x zoom rather than 4X but only has 16Mb built in memory rather than 64Mb. I've not opened the package yet since it is a Christmas gift. Hopefully it will accept SDHC memory cards. If not I may have to return it. There is no mention of this model on the polaroid web site.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, even for a 10 year old, May 3, 2010
Length:: 0:06 Mins

This video camera was purchased for my 10 year old daughter because she wanted to video her and some of her friends.

This camera has a very bad picture and horrible battery life (Around 30 minutes for a set of batteries).

Bad sound. Would not recommend to anyone.

Here is a short video clip taken inside to show how bad the video quality is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid DVF130RC, July 30, 2010
This product is AWESOME! Captured my son's walking when I wasn't home to see it for myself. I did a lot of research and search for a "cheap" camera that I wouldn't mind it when my son wants to play with it. The quality of the movies is not as bad as what all these other review says it is. I used it mainly indoor and found out that if I just turn on the light then the quality would be just fine. LOVE IT and would definitely buy another one for it's price. Oh and it's super easy to upload onto your computer to share with your love ones. It's plug and play for me, I didn't even need to download their software

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, January 17, 2010
For the money, it's not a bad first start for my child. It's runs out of battery life quickly which is a little frustrating for my child but they've had some fun with it. The pics are of fair quality and you DEFINITELY have to invest in another memory chip otherwise 1 small video and you're out of memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera - especially for the price!!!, December 22, 2009
This is a great little camera for the price. It is great for filming those 1-2 minutes clips of kids in Christmas musicals. Lengthy filming would result in long download times. For under 40$ - this is a great, battery operated digital camcorder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Little Gizmo, April 1, 2010
Shoshanna McCollum (Ocean Beach, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I got this as a Birthday gift for my Dad. At 77 he is more tech savvy than most his age, but I think even had this not been the case, the Polaroid DVF130RC Digital Camcorder would have been a winner. What pleased me most was that this USB camcorder was compatible with his older Mac that does not have a recent operating platform - many companies lack sensitivity to this issue! He likes the fact that he can take still photos as well as moving images. The specs make it seem like you need to purchase a separate memory card in order for the camera to work, but this point is a little misleading.... The memory card is optional. The Polaroid DVF130RC has enough internal memory to get you started. The memory card probably comes in handy once you have become familiar and are doing fancier stuff with the device.

4.0 out of 5 stars More use than I expected, February 6, 2010
Ronda Scheerer (Illinois, United States) - See all my reviews
Whenmy 18-year-old son said he wanted one of these small video recorders, I thought it would be a fun little gift for him to play around with on occasion. Little did I know how much he would use this camera! I shopped around, comparing prices and reviews before settling on this Polaroid. Can't beat this one for the price, and he and his friends have recorded hours of ridiculous videos. I was impressed by the quality for such a great price; now I'm considering one for myself!

Rate and Discover Movies