5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great with a Kodak Playsport
It outperformed the Kodak Playsport Zx5 in the Maui water.

Published on August 24, 2011 by Sully

3.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid Floating Wrist Strap - Not for heavier cameras
Published on June 12, 2012 by JG

3.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid Floating Wrist Strap - Not for heavier cameras, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Polaroid Floating Wrist Strap Orange for Underwater Waterproof Cameras Camcorders Housings (Camera)
The product would be great, except that it will not float the Olympus Tough 8010, which weighs 7.6oz (215g) without batteries and media card. So if your camera is anywhere near this in weight, do not buy this product. I ended up using the strap but also tying a water wing to the camera to make sure it floated. We were going tubing in a very murky river and wanted to take no chances that the camera would sink at all below the surface because it would have disappeared in two seconds. Otherwise, the strap seems to be good quality and I got the orange one, which is bright and easy to see.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for small cameras - fits a bit loose, February 20, 2013
I bought this for my new Panasonic Lumix camera. It serves it's purpose as a float for your underwater digital camera, but I found the strap didn't tighten as much as I would have liked. It was a bit too big. I did find that it would fit snugly around my upper arm when getting in and out of the surf, but I would have preferred if it would have fit snugly to my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great with a Kodak Playsport, August 24, 2011
It outperformed the Kodak Playsport Zx5 in the Maui water.

I tested the buoyancy numerous time as it was just buoyant enough to float up and was easily visible when dropped in the ocean. It worked when I lost it in the water while swimming or playing. It was also loose enough on the wrist that it did not cause irritation, however if you are looking for something snug... this might not be it. I was also able to stuff the camera and the strap into one of my swimming short's pockets... my camera fell out of a pocket once... it was no problem as it floated to the surface and I noticed it and found it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit larger than expected, February 24, 2012
Expensive camera slipped off my wrist. I had to sew part of the item so it would not do that. I am female and my hand size is large, so it should not have slipped off so easily. We tested the size before we went on vacation. The sewing is easy if you have a machine, fabric is a bit tough so take care the needle does not break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Nikon AW100 and AW110 !!!, April 17, 2013
Excellent for Nikon AW100 and AW110 !!!
Used for snorkeling in Hawaii and was very happy with it. Recommend use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, September 10, 2013
This is the perfect insurance for my XS100 when I'm shooting underwater. It's buoyant enough to float to the top with the weight of the camera but you can still easily submerge it without any resistance (as described). I have the suction cup mount also that I put on the front of my kayak sometimes but unfortunately it won't float both of them to the top so don't trust this with any additional weight on your camera. It would be nice if Polaroid could work something into the camera itself so you wouldn't need this strap but oh well..maybe they'll get to that.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, July 21, 2013
It does the job but it's a bit big on my wrist and I'm not the smallest of women. It fits fine on my partner, but I'm not so comfortable with it on my wrist.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but is too big, April 6, 2013
It's well-made and the price is right. My only beef is that it's much too big for a woman's (and many men's) wrist. It really fit my upper arm. That said, it floats the camera as it says it will and gave me peace of mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big for womens wrist, April 4, 2013
I have yet to try the bouyancy of this product. It seems comfortable on my wrist, but I will have to sew the two black pieces at the end of the float together so it won't fall off. This would fit a mans wrist well, but too large for a womens.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely oversized, March 12, 2013
I'm an average guy - 5'10", medium build, and pretty typical hands. This strap is enormous, at least for a wrist strap, and even cinched up all the way, it's way too loose (I can put both hands through it). It fits comfortably around my ankle with the strap completely tightened, and with it loosened all the way, I can squeeze it up around my shoulder.

I think it looks like a decent quality product, but it must've been made for a 400-pound man. Unless you have a very large build, I would advise getting a different strap.