Professional restaurant supplies Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 12, 2012
The product would be great, except that it will not float the Olympus Tough 8010, which weighs 7.6oz (215g) without batteries and media card. So if your camera is anywhere near this in weight, do not buy this product. I ended up using the strap but also tying a water wing to the camera to make sure it floated. We were going tubing in a very murky river and wanted to take no chances that the camera would sink at all below the surface because it would have disappeared in two seconds. Otherwise, the strap seems to be good quality and I got the orange one, which is bright and easy to see.
on February 20, 2013
I bought this for my new Panasonic Lumix camera. It serves it's purpose as a float for your underwater digital camera, but I found the strap didn't tighten as much as I would have liked. It was a bit too big. I did find that it would fit snugly around my upper arm when getting in and out of the surf, but I would have preferred if it would have fit snugly to my wrist.
on August 24, 2011
It outperformed the Kodak Playsport Zx5 in the Maui water.

I tested the buoyancy numerous time as it was just buoyant enough to float up and was easily visible when dropped in the ocean. It worked when I lost it in the water while swimming or playing. It was also loose enough on the wrist that it did not cause irritation, however if you are looking for something snug... this might not be it. I was also able to stuff the camera and the strap into one of my swimming short's pockets... my camera fell out of a pocket once... it was no problem as it floated to the surface and I noticed it and found it.
on February 24, 2012
Expensive camera slipped off my wrist. I had to sew part of the item so it would not do that. I am female and my hand size is large, so it should not have slipped off so easily. We tested the size before we went on vacation. The sewing is easy if you have a machine, fabric is a bit tough so take care the needle does not break.
on March 12, 2013
I'm an average guy - 5'10", medium build, and pretty typical hands. This strap is enormous, at least for a wrist strap, and even cinched up all the way, it's way too loose (I can put both hands through it). It fits comfortably around my ankle with the strap completely tightened, and with it loosened all the way, I can squeeze it up around my shoulder.

I think it looks like a decent quality product, but it must've been made for a 400-pound man. Unless you have a very large build, I would advise getting a different strap.
on September 10, 2013
This is the perfect insurance for my XS100 when I'm shooting underwater. It's buoyant enough to float to the top with the weight of the camera but you can still easily submerge it without any resistance (as described). I have the suction cup mount also that I put on the front of my kayak sometimes but unfortunately it won't float both of them to the top so don't trust this with any additional weight on your camera. It would be nice if Polaroid could work something into the camera itself so you wouldn't need this strap but oh well..maybe they'll get to that.
on August 25, 2012
Bought this to use in the ocean and at Atlantis water park with my Nikon AW100 Waterproof camera (awesome! see the review).

Twice my camera floated out of my pocket when I didn't have it on my wrist and my shorts pocket velcro failed me. Twice I quickly discovered my camera floating nearby. Once in the ocean and once in the pool. Very cool! The orange was highly visible as I had hoped. It floated just enough above the water that it was easy to see.

Some people complained that the clasp looked flimsy or would break. I didn't have that problem and the plastic seems to be of good quality and so far not brittle. The string that attaches to your camera seems thin but did the job for at least 9 days in the Bahamas. The whole thing had also done a 2 day stint in a chlorinated pool and no wear and tear seemed to occur. I learned to have faith in the clasp. The only thing I would warn is that it has a right way and a wrong way to connect. If you don't align properly I could see it coming unclasped, but it takes very little to get in correctly and snaps satisfyingly when correct.

The floating portion of the strap was not as bulky as it looks online and while not a fashion statement, also doesn't look ridiculous on my thick wrist or my daughter's slender one. It adjusts to wrist size as well, so no worries about fit.

All-in-all, I highly recommend this strap, especially at this price point.
on March 5, 2015
Not a bad product at a decent price. It could be a little more sturdy, I guess. The little string that attaches to the camera itself, seems clumsy. Mainly because of the size and the material. It's probably a high grade nylon, but it would be nice if it had a little metal laced through it. It does flow and hold my point and shoot camera that I use in a waterproof case. The case itself floats a little, so with the added floating strap, it stays buoyant pretty well. I chose to purchase the orange one because it's more visible and water, hence why life jackets are mostly orange.

This particular brand from Polaroid seems to be well made, and like I said the price is decent.
on August 8, 2012
I attached the floating wrist strap to the underwater waterproof camera case with the camera inside. The cord on the strap is about six inches long and the float stayed on top of the water while not letting the camera and case drop below the surface more than the length of the cord.
Even after nearly an hour in the water the float stayed on the surface ... no saturation of the material that would have let it sink.
I am very pleased with the product and will be using it on our trip to the Caribbean.
on July 21, 2014
Bought this for my "waterproof" Samsung galaxy s5, to keep the phone from sinking to the bottom of a pond or river if I do happen to drop it. It's one of those things where you don't really want to find out if it works, so I cant comment on whether it will actually keep the phone afloat, but it does seem like it will at least slow it's descent at a minimum. The wrist part doesn't tighten enough to fit securely around the phone (or my wrist for that matter), but I can secure it to the case by looping the little string through the hole for my headphones. Makes me feel a little safer with my phone near water.

See 1 answered question