5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!
I bought this camera the Wednesday before Black Friday from Kohls (they had their Black Friday pricing online). With an additional 20% discount and a $20 rebate ... it was an offer I could not refuse (even though I couldn't find any reviews for it online anywhere).

Published on November 26, 2012 by Kimberly M Main

1.0 out of 5 stars Written Specs mislead
Biggest piece of junk I ever spent $100+ on. Every single picture I take, at ALL settings I've tried, ends up looking like a bunch of colored worms crawling around, if you try to look at it on anything bigger than the 2" LCD on the back.
Published 9 months ago by Rick Evan Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Polaroid IS2132-BLACK 16MP 21X Zoom Digital Still Camera with 2-Inch LCD (Black) (Electronics)

The camera arrived that Saturday! The camera itself seems well made and it is really easy to hold on to. I quickly put in an old 8GB SDHC card and glanced at the quick start pamphlet (a CD came with it with the manual, but I haven't checked it out yet). Once I turned it on, it asked for the date and time and was ready to go. I took a few pictures and checked out the zoom (which is really nice ... I was able to zoom in on a flower from across the room with great clarity). I also took a short video.

Playback on the camera was better than I expected, the large screen shows nice quality images and video (including sound). There is no manual view finder, but I don't use those anyway.

So far, I am very happy with this camera, and I have been getting compliments on the camera itself as well as the photos it takes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 4, 2012
I was very hesitant to purchase this camera. There is so little information online, few reviews, no professional reviews, little information on the Polaroid website. As the former owner of a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot and was ready to upgrade to nicer DLSR camera. I owned the smaller Nikon for 2 years, and the lens started to give me an error and the color started to chip off of the exterior. May have been rough on it, but expected it to last longer. After pricing and researching, I decided to give this one a go as I couldn't find anything with similar optical zoom and MP in this price range. Like prior reviewer, I bought the camera at Kohl's during their Black Friday Event. Am not an experienced photographer just need a camera for typical mom stuff. Wanted better zoom for sporting events, family gatherings, vacations, etc.

Camera arrived (purchased the red one). It is surprisingly light and easy to handle. Super quick set up guide, pop in batteries and SD card (which isn't required camera does have internal memory according to the manual). I was actually a little overwhelmed with setting choices, functions, and options. The camera comes with a disk that you use to download the manual and software. It does not come with a battery charger or a case. Does include strap, lens cap, and batteries.

I just downloaded the manual and it is 67 pages! I can't believe all of the functions and shutter functions and picture options. It is insane! One poster asked about photo delays, it depends on the setting you chose. There is a Burst setting that will take 30 shots in 1 click! There are also more technical settings that will cause the shot to hesitate slightly to capture the correct lighting tone etc. The zoom is wonderful, but you have to be very steady handed or at full zoom the photo will blur. There are also action settings (good for sports), there is a setting for children, there are settings for self portraits (when you hold the camera up and take a pic of yourself and a buddy), settings for candle light...Many, Many More, and they are easy to get to. Color settings including Vivid, Black/White, Fancy, Sepia, MORE. Panoramic settings, collage type settings. Cannot say enough about the options. I am only half way through the manual. Can't speak to durability as I have just received the camera (but comes with a 1 year warranty). Very excited about the purchase and can't wait to take some pictures!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good "bad" camera, January 3, 2014
As a pro photographer, I've used many types of cameras over my 30+ years of taking images - first film, of course, and now digital. I also have something of an "Island of Misfit Toys" love for off-kilter, under-appealing cameras and oddball brands (I went though a serious Holga phase 15 years ago before realizing that I was spending far too much money on developing film from what essentially is among the worst film cameras around.) Hence my attraction to what are now branded as Polaroid cameras, even though they're made by Sakar (which also produces cameras under the Crayola, Hello Kitty, Vivitar and [the once mighty] Kodak brands.) Last year, I read a PhotographyBlog.com review of the U.K. available BenQ GH700; it didn't rate terribly well, but there was something appealing about the posted test images which made me want to try a GH700 for myself. The BenQ GH700, however, isn't available in the US but when comparing specs and product images, it looked to the near twin to the Polaroid iS2132. And the Polaroid had an extra advantage: it was available in it's sexy, satiny "come hither" red body. It beckoned like Jessica Rabbit incarnated as a small superzoom bridge camera.

Well, never buy a camera solely by its color - no matter how alluring. The Polaroid iS2132 performs largely as expected, which is to say merely acceptable to poor under low light, to well above average, such as when settings and conditions are my favour (strong sunshine and proper alignment of the planets, for example). Under bright sun with the finest res selected and lower ISO settings, the camera is capable of producing really good images, with well controlled noise and nice details. Also, there's a saturated richness to the images which recalls some of the slide films I shot years ago; reds, yellows and greens all come across nicely (due to the camera's Sony produced sensor, no doubt). There are manual controls for white balance and shooting shutter priority, aperture priority and manual...although, like on previous Polaroid digitals I've used, the camera gives a choice of only a high and a low setting when aperture priority is chosen, so a tripod might be needed for deep focused shots even in bright light. Still, image quality can beat the knickers off of similarly priced Nikon, Olympus, Samsung and Pentax models. The popup flash, which I've used quite sparingly, is bright and does provide good coverage

However, the camera's other major sore points (in addition to a low resolution LCD screen for composing and image playback, one that's poorly visible in bright light) are difficulty focusing in macro mode and also in low light - the lens really has to hunt for its point of focus - and an auto white balance that appears to work according to whatever mood it's in at a particular moment. I use manual white balance most of the time and color correct in Photoshop afterward, so the camera's auto white balance mood swings don't bother me. Slow image processing times from large JPEG files (at the highest res setting) means that the camera also isn't the best choice for action photography. Battery life is acceptable when using four rechargeable AAs (I recommend Powerex IMEDION AA 2400mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries - they last a good long time), which is important since the camera has no optical viewfinder.

All in all, the Polaroid iS2132 - while not a great camera by any means - is capable of producing very good images, but only if the user knows how to get the best out of it via control overrides. It's small, lightish, packs a long range into its decent 21x optical zoom lens, and fits well in the right hand thanks to a good grip, making it fun to use for casual photography where speed isn't critical. It does a nice job on still life setups, food shots and portraits. As long as I know ahead of time what subject matter I might be encountering and how bright the light will be, the Polaroid iS2132 is welcome to tag along. And that red body with a soft sheen really is sexy in late afternoon sunlight...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the money, September 13, 2013
This camera has taken some really great pictures for me. Even my friend who uses a DSLR said that they looked really good for a point and shoot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, not so great video capability, August 23, 2013
Bought this for a concert and it took great pictures but recording videos the sound quality wasn't good it was in and out in and out when i played it back on my computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, great price, December 27, 2012
I purchased this camera from Kohl's few days before Christmas. The rebate was up to $30.00 when I bought it. To make a long story short, with all the discounts from Kohl's this camera ended up costing me $64.00. I figured if it was a cheap camera I could easily return it. I am definitely keeping it. So far I am very satisfied. It seems to be very well made and takes great pictures. The variety of settings is unbelievable. It can also be set on auto which is great for a novice like me. I hope to learn more about the camera so I can get the most out of it. I used the camera for all my Christmas pictures and videos and also received many compliments on it. Camera was very easy to set up and I was taking pictures a few minutes out of the box. Maybe a more expensive camera can take better pictures but at this price and for my level of expertise this is a great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid Camera, December 25, 2012
I bought this for my daughter and she loves it. The picture quality is very nice. The batteries last awhile before you need to replace them.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll feel like Ansel Adams, September 25, 2014
Got this for Christmas, take it along in the car in case, outstanding starter camera after you you get tired of the 'Point and click" grandma camera's . Tips, Put the camera on a tripod. set up flowers or a vase or something.. aim the camera and as you read what each function or setting does, change it on the camera and write a number.next to the function. by taking a picture of the same thing you can see the results of each setting. A 4 gig mem card will take 1900 HiRes pics so you can do this for hours. Love it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Poloriod Camera, April 24, 2013
This an excellent camera. Its everything its advertised to be. Its simple to use and takes excellent pictures. If you are taking close ups you must be steady handed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, July 29, 2014
I was leary because I bought this camera used for 39 bucks. When I got it, I was pleasantly surprised. It takes wonderful pictures and serves my needs 100 percent. The camera really is in like new shape. No issues thus far. The box was beat up but my cat took that quite well. So it's all good.

$179.00
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.