5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Need For The Price I Paid
Published on December 8, 2010 by cyclone47

The item is pretty light, but it's weak. I got it yesterday and sent it back yesterday! The center column in the middle where the handle is, came off while opening the tripod. The screw that attaches this center column to the mounting plate is poorly built and it came off at the first trial.
Published on March 8, 2011 by Amazonian

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Need For The Price I Paid, December 8, 2010
cyclone47 (Des Moines, Iowa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid 72" Photo / Video ProPod Tripod Includes Deluxe Tripod Carrying Case + Additional Quick Release Plate For Digital Cameras & Camcorders (Accessory)
I personally do not know why more people are not buying this particular tripod on Amazon. I know Amazon has dozens of tripods to pick from, because I spent a couple of hours looking at a number of them and reading the reviews before I decided to purchase this one. I was a little nervous about the fact that there were only two reviews, but they were both five star reviews and I also opted to trust the Polaroid name. I take videos and photographs for family purposes, so I am not a professional. I will not be using this tripod all of the time, but I wanted one available to me for those situations when it might come in handy. I was shopping for the best quality tripod for the lowest price.... preferrably under $50.00.

This tripod is everything I had hoped for, considering what I paid for it. It seems to be well constructed, and has all of the adjustment capabilities that I would ever need for my purpose. It has a heavy duty appearance, and there is nothing cheap looking about it visually. The legs, central shaft, and leg braces are black painted aluminum. Everything else looks like it is made from a very hard and durable black plastic. The carrying case is very well made. I had no trouble setting it up right out of the box (there are no directions). After checking all of the moving parts out, I found everything to be in working order. The only "potential" weakness this tripod might have is the plastic cranking mechanism for the center shaft. But, I would be willing to bet that all tripods in the under $100 price range have the same design; including some of the very expensive tripods. No matter what the price, everything made today has moving parts made out of plastic somewhere on it.

In conclusion: For the price, this looks like a quality made tripod (it actually exceeded my expectations) that will last me for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel - well constructed, June 21, 2012
NJN (Argentina) - See all my reviews
Its perfect for self-timer shots when travelling.
I got this and wondered what those who gave it a poor review could possibly want or expect for eight bucks...
Regardless of price, it is exactly what I was looking for. Small, well constructed, rugged, swivel head.
I travel, primarily on motorcycle, and keep this in my tank bag. When I want to take a self-photo I screw camera to this, which lets me place it on irregular surface (rocks/gravel/whatever), and get the shot without concern for trying to wedge just-the-right-sized-pebble under the camera, only to get everything in the frame, pressing the self-timer shutter, and watching the camera tumble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased!, November 8, 2010
This tripod is great! It's in a very reasonable price range and well worth every cent. Strong, durable and very sturdy. No shaking. I expect it to last me a long time before I spend money on a more expensive tripod.
I currently use it for a Canon Rebel. No assembly needed. I am over 6ft tall and it stands taller than me when fully extended. It's a great buy. No disappoitments here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini tripod, May 26, 2012
This is a nice solid little tripod. The emphasis is on little, but it is great for holding a web cam for Skype or whatever. It is a little guy, but has a 1/4" adjustable camera mount on top and little rubber feet on each leg. It is itsy-bitsy but nice.

Extra Note: This little tripod has telescoping legs. When the legs are collapsed it is about 5" tall. With the legs extended it is about 8" tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Celestron Skymaster binoculars!, December 5, 2010
I bought the Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter. These binoculars are heavy and large and require a tripod for practical use. My regular tripod was not tall enough to allow me to use the binoculars without bending over some, which would be difficult for my back to handle. But this one is 6 feet tall, which is really nice.
I worried that this tripod would not be heavy duty enough to hold the binoculars, as they weigh about 3 pounds, but it's really perfect. This tripod has a nice carry handle permanently attached to it, and all of the parts seem well made. It also comes in a nice carrying case,and has the quick mount attachment. I'm glad I chose a brand name like Polaroid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but with good features, January 20, 2013
I used to be a pro photographer, and I never liked carrying around a big tripod to use on three or four shots. A pocket sized tripod can be versitile without being a bulky take-along. I bought a Nikon Coolpix L26 for my wife, and she wants to take some pictures of our new place and use the self-timer for family pictures. This one can be placed on furniture, etc. to give it elevation, and it's sturdy enough to be confident it won't fall off its perch.

I was pleasantly surprised at some of the features. It screws into the tripod inlet of the camera, and it has a locking plate with a rubberized pad to keep it from marring your camera's finish. There is a single control to tighten / loosen the ball head. Just keep a hand on your camera while making adjustments, and the ball head will move freely when being adjusted. The legs don't seem to lock after being extended, but they don't push back in with the camera mounted on it. The feet have rubber tips to keep it stable on any surface.

For the price, I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid Mini Tripod, December 16, 2012
S. A. Thompson (Tampa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Just what I needed for my camera and for my new webcam. It may wobble a bit if I don't tighten it, but that's a minor issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for video but good overall, August 19, 2011
I have this tripod and it's perfectly fine at it's price point for shooting still photos or even video that doesn't require camera movement. It's lightweight and mostly pretty sturdy. It's also easy to set up for first timers.

If you want this to shoot video, I can't recommend the tripod at all. It will end up not meeting your needs. The panning and tilting is too tight at first and the extra effort that you use to get it started will make you quickly overshoot your subject resulting in very jittery video which is not a good thing.

You'll have to get a more expensive tripod with a fluid head for $100 and up but it's well worth it in the end.

This tripod's good so I'm not docking it any stars, just make sure that you pay attention if you're a novice filmmaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!, April 12, 2011
The tripod does not come with instructions, so for those who have never owned one, you'll have to be patient, play around with it and just think it through. Once I played around with it, everything made sense. It can pan, it can swivel, etc. For the life of me, I didn't know how to extend the tripod to 72 inches, until I youtubed someone unboxing this thing. Basically you have to unsnap the clamps at the base of each foot. I bought this for my canon slr to occasionally shoot scenery and family portraits that can now include me!! Hey, and maybe I can be one of those unboxers on youtube! LOL! I am perplexed by some reviews about how things break. Frankly I just don't believe some of the negative reviews. These things lock into place, to move, pan, swivel, you need to adjust all the locking mechanisms to loosen or tighten accordingly. So yeah, it will break if you're impatient and don't loosen the locks properly. I've read reviews about top mounts breaking.. how does that happen? I'm looking at the mount and I don't see how it could break. I suspect sometimes there are two sides to a story, and sometimes only one side is being told in a review. I can't speak for the video fanatics, or hardcore users who will drag and kick this thing every day, but if you're a casual user, I don't see how you can ever break this thing. Get it, it's great!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Center Column has a weak connection to the Mounting Plate., March 8, 2011